5,659 Posts
http://ir.corporate.wwe.com/file.aspx?IID=4121687&FID=11147320

Lets see what the next titles are...

Inside Out (2011) [5]
Family Reunion (TBA) [5]
Bending The Rules (TBA) [5]
Barricade (TBA) [5]
No One Lives (TBA) [6

Sounds like made for t.v. horseshit that will not make a dime.
You can bash all you like, but... How can you know they're bad just from their titles?? Who knows, they could get a half decent director or even be good.

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
To take "See No Evil" as an example, including DVD sales and rental its made $63 million on an $8 million budget....seems good to me! DVD is always where there oging to make there money.

·
Banned
529 Posts
cool, thanks for the explanation

I don't know why they are obsessed with making movies, why not stick with what they know.
Why do you need someone from this forum to explain it to you. It says clearly in the text REVENUE as opposed to profit/income. What part of that was unclear to you?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
cool, thanks for the explanation

I don't know why they are obsessed with making movies, why not stick with what they know.
Because they are an "entertainment" company...even though most of the employees dont konw what entertainment is.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
These movies are just an excuse to bring their product to a more mainstream audience. I doubt they are trying to make blockbusters. And if they ever get that cable network, they need them to fill up air time.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I may get basehd for this, but Thats What I Am actually wasnt terrible.

If they can find some good scripts, then I say keep it going. The problem is they write their scripts based around a character or a wrestler, instead of basing it around an idea. They look at a wrestler and go "ok, what is he good at? What kind of character can he play? Ok, lets do that!"

A good example is School of Rock vs. Nacho Libre (both written by Mike White). I remember reading a review for the latter that compared the writing of the two films. School of Rock was written around an idea (a guy obsessed with rock and roll poses as a substitute teacher, and then ends up creating a band with the kids). Yes, the roll was written for Jack Black but the idea was a strong writing base. Nacho Libre on the other hand was written as "Ok, I made a funny movie with Jack Black. What can I have him do next? I know, I'll have him wrestle." The idea was based around what can I have this guy do next that would be funny. See what I mean?

WWE Studios writes their movies based around specific wrestlers playing a stereotype character doing funny or over the top things. Their movies arent genuine ideas.

I think that's why people are turned off from their movies and why the studio is losing money. People just dont care to see Big Show doing slapstick comedy. When they think of Big Show, they think of him chokeslamming someone. WHen they think of Randy Orton, they think of him RKOing someone or doing a robotic promo (jk), not playing some homophobic bigot.

Point being, stop writing the scripts for certain wrestlers. Write good movies, people will be interested, people will see your film, and you will make money.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Who exactly has WWE Studios helped? They're straight to dvd and the main consumers are wrestling fans. It's kind of funny how wrestlers hate that Rock left for Hollywood when really they're just mad because they're stuck doing C movies.
So what if they are straight to DVD? They aren't trying to make huge Hollywood budget movies. So fucking what if they want to let their stars cross over into other areas? What's it to you? You don't watch them and it isn't your company. I really don't see the need for you to get so pissy about it.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
So what if they are straight to DVD? They aren't trying to make huge Hollywood budget movies. So fucking what if they want to let their stars cross over into other areas? What's it to you? You don't watch them and it isn't your company. I really don't see the need for you to get so pissy about it.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
There's some kind of scam they're running here which is why they're continuing to make them despite losing money.. WWE is owned by republicans, they know everything about exploiting the system to get more money, and to avoid paying their fair share of taxes. Theyre probably just making the movies to use as some kind of tax loophole to save them from paying more taxes from their main source of revenue.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
We have our Official WWE Studios Apologist.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
There's some kind of scam they're running here which is why they're continuing to make them despite losing money.. WWE is owned by republicans, they know everything about exploiting the system to get more money, and to avoid paying their fair share of taxes. Theyre probably just making the movies to use as some kind of tax loophole to save them from paying more taxes from their main source of revenue.
Uwe Boll directs WWE movies? That explains a lot.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts