Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Aggressively White
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone justify WWE's stop/start booking, just when Ziggler, Sandow, Barrett, Cesaro, Bryan et al looked like getting to the top, the rug was pulled from underneath them. This stops them developing stars for the future and leading to a heavy reliance on part timers around RR/WM season, does anyone know why WWE would employ such a pointless strategy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Those probably aren't the best examples to prove your point. Bryan is a star. Sandow's on his way. They're clearly interested in Cesaro, given how heavily they're highlighting the swing.

You could make a case with Barrett and Ziggler, Barrett in 2010 and Ziggler these past few months. Even then, though, they've got pretty good stock in the company. Both have potential to become stars, and I'd bet each of them is given at least a transitional run at the top before their careers are over.

Still, I see your point. Look at WrestleMania this year: Four of the six main eventers were part-timers, and the other two were established megastars. It boils down to lack of confidence. They want to go with who they know will draw big, and they're hesitant to take the leap and make a megastar out of somebody new.

·
Da Warthog!
3,275 Posts
Because calling these three underbooked is absurd. All three have individual gimmicks, have regular appearances and not one of them is actually underbooked. People might not like their place on the card (too high, too low) but look at them. Bryan is in the Superman push of a lifetime, Ziggler is an uppermidcard fixture and Sandow has his briefcase, therefore being booked like 90% of MitB guys, great on the mic, presented as forgetable in ring.

All three are getting PUSHES atm, but off course not all three are getting the same big as fuck push.

And your other two examples are Barrett, who is on JTG levels atm (fair nuff) and Cesaro, who is slowly getting over with his swing and becoming next in line.

Basically, your post comes across as "waaaaah, my favorites aren't top of the food chain, therefore wwe sucks" and we get about 256434/day of these

·
Aggressively White
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If you think Ziggler, Bryan, and Sandow had the rug pulled from underneath them, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Especially Bryan. The dude main evented Summerslam and pinned Cena clean for fucks sake.
Ziggler has had 2 WHC title reigns making 0 successful title reigns in either off them, he was pushed down the card with the briefcase, then when he became World champion, I think he was cleanly pinned by Swagger. After his concussion he was pinned by Del Rio twice and has gone back to the midcard.

Bryan was fired by the WWE for choking someone with a tie, whether they intended on bringing him back was debatable. Relentlessly targetted by Cole on commentary. He was also flattened by Sheamus in 18 seconds at Wrestlemania 28, he was then chucked into a throwaway tag team with an ailing 90's midcarder. But, he turned it into one of the storylines of the year. Then when he became fully popular, he became number 1 contender for Cena's title, not by a battle royal or a tournament, by Cena's choice, probably so the WWE could emphasise how little they thought of him. Cena probably had a hand in the decision in putting him over, given their real life friendship and his injury. Predictably beaten by Orton right after the win and then beatedn down in at least 7 consecutive weeks in a row.

Sandow has been constantly jobbing since winning the briefcase, particularly by losing to the Cobra.

My point isn't "waaaaah, my favorites aren't top of the food chain, therefore wwe sucks", I just don't see the point in not booking the regulars strongly, then relying on the part-timers. And for the record my favourite is Lesnar, who is a part timer.

Don't get me wrong a couple of part-timers is fine, but when you're bumping off the guys who work 300 days a year, for a few guys who come for a WM paycheck, it is a bit bizarre, when if you book other guys well enough, they can reach that level.

·
Banned
136 Posts
It is really a mind fuck how some of you are so fucking closed minded. OP is correct in every way and this is coming from someone who doesn't care at all for Ziggler or Sandow.

If anyone thinks Sandow or Ziggler have been booked well you clearly don't have any attention span. Look at the actual product not what's on paper.

On paper Ziggler is a 2 time WHC and a MITB winner. That's good right? On paper yes but watch the show and he's one of the worst booked guys in history. When he was WHC those were both throwaway reigns where he didnt even get one successful defense and it was taken away from him immediately. He had the briefcase for what a year and lost literally every single match he was in.

On paper Sandow is the MITB winner. That's good right? On paper yes but he's lost literally EVERY SINGLE match since winning it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts