Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Whoever bought LOTS of stock when WWEs stock was in the single digits is probably going crazy right now with all the money they made.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It hit an all-time high today:

WWE NEWS: Stock finishes the week hitting all-time high

Mar 7, 2014 - 3:37:16 PM

WWE's stock price continued to climb on Friday, hitting the highest point ever in company history.

Shares of WWE stock hit a 52-week, 15-year-high, and highest-ever mark of $31.90 on Friday afternoon.

The stock then declined the rest of the afternoon, falling below the $30-mark to a final closing price of $29.64 per share.

The previous high for the company was $30.50 on October 19, 1999 - the day WWE went public with its first public offering of stock.

It was quite the week for WWE - shares opened at $22.78 on Monday, WWE peaked at $31.90 four days later, and closed at $29.64 on Friday afternoon.
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_76851.shtml#.UxqNiPsmw1g

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
but but... ppv buyrates and ratings are down... it doesnt make sense

unless..... are you suggesting the market today is wildly different than during the 90s? is such an idea possible?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Having products that are on PPV leads to an unpredictable/ unreliable revenue stream. No one knows how the individual events will sell and this means uncertainly, something that wall street hates. They love reliable monthly income from the same sources. The Network does this. Expect the stock to only increase when they release network numbers.

·
All Out
2,802 Posts
What exactly do you mean by not pushing Bryan? Right now the dude has the full weight of the company behind him with everybody and his mother putting him front and center.

That part was made perfectly clear last night.
This. He was attacked by all of Evolution (minus Flair) and Kane and was holding his own for some time during the segment, and won a lengthy match against Kane on the first live Main Event on the Network and won in the main event on SMACKDOWN this week... To say they aren't pushing him as one of the top guys would be ignorance, he doesn't have the WWE World Title but it seems obvious that they will eventually book him as Champion for a bit (possibly as early as 'Mania, but as late as before the end of the year)... Could see them making a Fatal Four Way at 'Mania (combing the rumored HHH/Bryan Match with the already booked Orton-Batista Match) to get themselves out of the corner they booked themselves into if they don't choose to have Bryan in two matches at 'Mania (the first being with HHH, with a stipulation being that he gets to be in the title match if he wins)...

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Careful with this stock guys it's at an all time high (partially due to the network launch) and has for the last 10 years been AT BEST a 12-15 dollar stock. It's valuation is WAY to high and considering the dividend got cut smaller a while back this thing right now is a SCREAMING sell.

Not saying it can't go up another 2-5 dollars in the short term but the investor in me see's this going back down to 15-20 before it ever gets to 40.

I have about a 100k portfolio so I would like to think I know what I am doing. The stock market has been on a upward tear the last year and it's carried the market (along with the WWE stock) upwards with it.

I would suggest hold/sell at this point but take my advice as a grain of salt and do your own research.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts