Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems WWE are finally doing something right with diva division lately, Natalya is champion, Beth Phoenix returns and seemingly gets back straight in the divas title picture, Lay-Cool gets their share of spotlight, and most of the less talented divas are either becoming valets (The Bellas, Maryse, Eve) or jobber (Alicia Fox). Some talented divas like Gail Kim or Melina are getting a lot of in-ring time on Superstars. Naomi and A.J. Lee are still in NXT competition which indicates that WWE are high on them and rightfully so because they're the ones who deserve to get called-up to the main roster as active wrestlers. My only complain is that the valets are useless for the most part, Maryse never helps Ted win his matches, Eve only dances and nothing more, and i don't see the point of The Bellas valeting Bryan. But anyway, i like the direction of the division now.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
agree the glamor divas had their run with Laycool and Maryse. I was so overcome with joy at SS when Nattie won the belt and when Beth returned i was so happy that the Laycool era is dead.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I have a feeling we will start to see a lot of fantastic things continue to develop with the Divas mainly on Smackdown.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,567 Posts
I feel bad for Gail Kim though... She left her top spot in TNA's knockout division and lot of exposure on a smaller platform for non-wrestling segments and tag team matches in the WWE. So now, with Natalya as Champ (and believe me, I'm really happy for her), she's not getting her time to shine anytime soon.

Now with only one title, and with Beth back, (and a turn on Natalya looming), Gail will be out of any title contention for a long time... I think they should just give her the pink slip or pair her with a heel, she was great when she managed Jarrett & AMW.

·
Premium Member
12,222 Posts
If WWE keep the belt on Natalya for a long time, use Beth Phoenix well, use Gail Kim well, throw in Melina, and use the odd Diva to put them all over, we could have something interesting for once.

·
Registered
806 Posts
They had the chance at the title reunification match. If your belt doesn't look the part, you're fucked.

(Hint to Vince: take the Miz to the jewellers)

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Yeah, things have actually been looking up since the start of the Natalya/LayCool series in my opinion, but the Survivor Series match was the best of them. Plus Beth's return was epic, not to mention she got a larger pop than I expected.

Judging by Raw, they want to book Natalya as a strong champion.

·
Registered
934 Posts
gail kim bailed on TNA for the money, air time and championships should honestly not be on her mind. considering she jumped ship a few times and she is a women in pro wrestling making great money

but yes, I too would like to see more action from her

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
They are going in the right direction, if they continue this trend is another matter entirely. I'll wait a few months before deciding if they're taking it seriously or not.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I think they might be taking it a little more seriously for now.

I think Beth coming back will have made them think seriously about the division and what they can do. I expect Nattie to keep the title up til the Rumble where Beth turns and they feud to Mania which could certainly kick some life into the division.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
It seems WWE are finally doing something right with diva division lately, Natalya is champion, Beth Phoenix returns and seemingly gets back straight in the divas title picture, Lay-Cool gets their share of spotlight, and most of the less talented divas are either becoming valets (The Bellas, Maryse, Eve) or jobber (Alicia Fox). Some talented divas like Gail Kim or Melina are getting a lot of in-ring time on Superstars. Naomi and A.J. Lee are still in NXT competition which indicates that WWE are high on them and rightfully so because they're the ones who deserve to get called-up to the main roster as active wrestlers. My only complain is that the valets are useless for the most part, Maryse never helps Ted win his matches, Eve only dances and nothing more, and i don't see the point of The Bellas valeting Bryan. But anyway, i like the direction of the division now.
I agree 100%!

·
Few adventures require staying home
7,725 Posts
It's probably just a big coincidence that Natalya won the belt and Beth returned on the same night; and the divas have been getting a lot of time on Superstars for months now.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
^^^ Think you mean since Superstars debut. Because Katie Lea, Jillian, Gail have/were having good/great matches all year IMO. They all carried the Bellas to good matches too >.>

·
Few adventures require staying home
7,725 Posts
^^^ Think you mean since Superstars debut. Because Katie Lea, Jillian, Gail have/were having good/great matches all year IMO. They all carried the Bellas to good matches too >.>
I can't remember how the diva matches were at the time it debuted so I went with months. Probably should of went with months and months since I can't remember the last bad diva match on Superstars.

eve is a pretty good wrestler and kelly kelly as well. add them and you are good
They're all pretty good for divas.

·
It All Ends.
1,028 Posts
Honestly, I think LayCool have been the turning point. People hate on them, but they were given so much TV time that people were forced to take notice. They were given an angle, they ran with it, and did a pretty damn good job. Before LayCool, the only Diva who had any real character and personality was probably Jillian. They brought personality back to the Diva's division.

I hope WWE follow up LayCool with a feud between Beth and Nattie. If LayCool were the two Divas to make people take notice, Beth and Nattie could be the two Divas to keep that same momentum. Throw potential matches with Melina, Gail and (in the future) Naomi and A.J? They could be onto something.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
so when the hell is awesome kong showing up
I'd mark.

Not sure what to think of how things are going just yet. Still to soon to tell really. I'd say wait til they start giving the women 8-10 minute matches on Raw, then the WWE will be showing that they care.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts