Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you be surprised if it happen? I´m not sure if it would be great or not (I mean less titles...) but if they are going to keep rockin' this feud they need to create a "goal" and, what bigger than a title?

·
My man
6,506 Posts
Re: WWE starting an unification of the Intercontinental and the American championship

I don't think so, I already got rid of three titles recently, 6 is enough.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Re: WWE starting an unification of the Intercontinental and the American championship

1 midcard champion on Smackdown!, 1 on RAW.

It's not excessive to me, I see no reason to unify

·
Registered
813 Posts

No way. They made that mistake once already with the IC title. If they want to place ANY value on history whatsoever, they'll keep both belts around.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts

That would be a bad idea. Essentially screwing over your mid card for one feud? Having a mid card title on each show is the best way to go. The rosters are too big for them to start unifying titles.

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,021 Posts

I fully expected it to happen the minute I heard about the interaction between Dragon and Kerwin White's caddy.

·
Banned
9,205 Posts

I really hope not, with as many guys as you have on both brands it really gives guys better chances at actually winning the title and having decent feuds with them.

·
Sax Legend of Sax Legend on YouTube
1,254 Posts

No way. They made that mistake once already with the IC title. If they want to place ANY value on history whatsoever, they'll keep both belts around.
That would be a bad idea. Essentially screwing over your mid card for one feud? Having a mid card title on each show is the best way to go. The rosters are too big for them to start unifying titles.
history will repeat itself.

we've seen wwe repeat the hbk/jbl angle with cena/barrett, an ATTEMPT at an austin/attitude era rehash with orton, dx returns, buried alive matches in which kane seems to think undertaker is dead and will never come back... I'm sure that even if the titles, midcard and world, are unified, wwe will eventually end up sending the two tier champs to one show and we'll end up with a raw champ and a smackdown champ again anyway

·
Registered
1,935 Posts

I sure as hell hope they don't UNLESS they plan a Brand Unification.

·
Registered
720 Posts

No I dont think so,I think we are getting ready to see Daniel Bryan and Cm Punk Feud for the US Title...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

After watching Raw it does not seem... Dragon vs Punk is coming. Awesome.

·
Registered
581 Posts

I think people are right in saying it may be a bad idea to unify the two titles. The only way that would be a good thing is if WWE re-introduced a light heavyweight title to compensate for the unification. Having said that a triple threat match between Punk/Ziggler/Bryan would be incredible.

Punk vs Bryan for the US title will be awesome anyway.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts

history don't mean s*** in wwe just like how TNA forget their present or how JR every year says that this years Wrestlemaina will be the greatest of all time, bigger than 3 better than 17 better than 19 and so on

besides they might as well let the ic belt be completely replaced by the other one in every way, no use covering up their xenophobia

·
Registered
7,581 Posts

You say that the rosters are too big but the reality is that they are not too big at all and in my opinion the WWE roster as a whole is the weakest it has been in regards to star power for many many years. I understand that WWE are doing what they did in between 1995 and 1996 where they are creating a lot of new star's now so that by next year or the year after they will have a roster of established star's available to them to replace the likes of The Undertaker, Kane and most likely even Triple H as well which added to Batista, Shawn Michaels, JBL and Chris Jericho is a lot of star power to lose in a short period.

In 2002 and 2003 the rosters were so big that they had to have The Brand Extension as having Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, The Rock, The Undertaker, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Brock Lesnar, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Goldberg, Booker T, Scott Steiner, The Big Show, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Kane and Rob Van Dam just as the main event scene alone was way too much but they don't even have a quarter of that star power now and by having one roster and one champion for each division would allow the younger wrestler's to work with all of the older wrestlers and also bring a bit of prestige back to all of the title's.

Now outside of John Cena, Randy Orton, Triple H when he returns and CM Punk once he has properly been built up again seeing how he is a 3 time World champion there are no established star's on Raw as Sheamus and Wade Barrett still need more time and to go over the aforementioned stars more often and in better fashion to be seen as a serious threat to them. Over on SmackDown it is even worse for established star power as outside of The Undertaker and Edge there isn't anyone who has been a main event wrestler on a consistent basis for longer than six months as Kane, Rey Mysterio and The Big Show flit in and out and Christian, MVP, Kofi Kingston, Alberto Del Rio and Cody Rhodes have never had the trigger pulled for them yet for one reason or another.

So to me a combined roster which would see a main event scene of John Cena, The Undertaker, Edge, Triple H, Randy Orton, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, CM Punk, The Big Show, Jack Swagger and a heel Christian would work very well and it would allow Wade Barrett and Sheamus to work with other established names other than John Cena, Randy Orton and Triple H over and over again so they would be seen as a legitimate main event star. A mid card with Bryan Danielson, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Cody Rhodes, Kaval, Drew McIntyre, John Morrison, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne, Joe Hennig and Dolph Ziggler is a very good and strong mid card which would help elevate each other to the next level in the same way Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero all did in 2000.

There is a dearth of tag teams in WWE but as we have seen over the years people can be put together and it can work so i don't see why The Dudebusters, The Hart Dynasty, The Uso Brothers and The Nexus couldn't be joined by Chavoe Guerrero and another mexican wrestler because Chavoe Guerrero is probably the biggest wasted talent in wrestling today and is a tag team legend in WWE. They could also put Cryme Tyme back together as well now that they have been on to for a good while as they were very over and split up for no reason at all really, i would also team up Ted DiBiase with his brother Brett as a long term heel tag team which would be a good way of helping Ted DiBiase get over and i am sure there are other wrestler's that they could team up as well or even bring up another tag team from FCW.

The womens division has been better since they unified their titles although that isn't really saying much but it has improved and i believe that by having just one roster again even if it is just for a couple of years when all of the younger wrestler's are fully established and the likes of The Undertaker, Triple H and Kane are gone it would benefit everyone in WWE and make them all up their game because someone else would always be there to take their spot if they were not performing on a consistent basis. Look at how great Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero and even Triple H all had to be to get to the level they did originally and you will see that by having one roster and someone always breathing down your neck if you don't perform helps as it creates good competition for places and for a great spot.

·
Registered
397 Posts

If there is anything the WWE has in droves is midcard level guys. Getting rid of one of the midcard titles would just make the matter so much worse.

Dolph/Bryan is just what they do at Bragging Rights. Dolph to pick up the win in match 3 if they have one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts