Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/WWE_Speculation_on_Hulk_Hogan_s_Future_Backstage_Talk_on_WrestleMania_XXX_Attractions.html

- For what it's worth, people within WWE believe that Hulk Hogan is staying with TNA. At the same time, there are people in WWE would like to have him for WrestleMania XXX but the question is do they want him bad enough to out-bid TNA.

It was noted by a WWE source that if they put either Randy Savage or The Ultimate Warrior in the Hall of Fame next year, Hogan could do their induction speech, plus some kind of angle with a mid-level heel on the actual pay-per-view.

With The Rock and Steve Austin very questionable for WrestleMania XXX, Hogan could be the person to deliver big numbers for WWE. Last year's WrestleMania numbers were disappointing and there's a feeling that The Rock appearing for the fourth straight year isn't going to pop the numbers this time around. Unless there is a major outside attraction, there's also a feeling that the only ting that will get WrestleMania back to its previous numbers is an announced retirement and final match for The Undertaker, something big with Hogan or something big with Austin.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Re: WWE Speculation On Hulk Hogan's Future, BackStage Talk On WM XXX Attractions

If they want something big,how about John Cena vs Undertaker at WM 30?John Cena breaking the Streak and turning heel is huge

·
Registered
835 Posts
Re: WWE Speculation On Hulk Hogan's Future, BackStage Talk On WM XXX Attractions

That mid level heel has to be swagger. Cesaro won't be apart of this anymore so coulter can say that swagger is the only real american worthy to be on wrestlemania then 'real american' can come blasting through the speakers. Would be awesome but predictable. But it was predictable he was going come out during the eugene/hassan segment at mania 21 but the pop was still huge

·
Registered
158 Posts

If they want something big,how about John Cena vs Undertaker at WM 30?John Cena breaking the Streak and turning heel is huge
This :mark::mark::mark:

·
Registered
619 Posts

This would just kill the company. Theres no1 else to be face of company. Right now theres one top guy and theres other upper midcarders. We all know how bad DB push turned out in terms of ratings.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
^I think that's why HHH turned heel.To create as many babyfaces as possible for Cena's heel turn.Daniel Bryan,Cody Rhodes and Big Show are quite over with the fans now.I am sure HHH constant mocking of Miz would make him a babyface in the long run.One of The Shield members would turn on HHH and become a babyface.HHH turning on Orton would make Randy Orton a badass babyface.

HHH turning heel is to create babyfaces for Cena's eventual heel turn.That's just my theory though.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I think it not will be as big turning Cena heel now. People have talked about to long. So it will not be so big.

And Undertaker cant countinue to wrestle him, day in and day out.

And people would just turn of WWE more if Cena got more TV-time and getting more sick of the product.

+ The PG channel that WWE is, dont just work.

·
my socks are wet
2,971 Posts
Wouldn't mind seeing Hogan at Wrestlemania, only to rub it into the TNAMarks.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,503 Posts
I wouldn't be against a Hogan appearance. Especially since it's WM30. But I doubt it happens.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
Hyping it as "Wrestlemania 30" should be enough to pop numbers with a big marketing campiang already. It's a big anniversary.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Hulk Hogan has long since worn out his usefulness, both for WWE and TNA. He really wouldn't drive anything as far as ratings go.

And everyone needs to stop bringing up Cena turning heel. It's not going to happen.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
It would be since to see Hogan make an appearance for WM30 but thats it, no match, no him getting invloved with storyline, just an appearance. And I do believe Hogan would draw some numbers. Rock wont help if he is there. Austin is the guy they need to get IMO

·
Banned
72 Posts
outbid TNA? Hogan wants one final run with WWE and will not refuse the chance to appear at the 30th anniversary of WrestleMania just because TNA offers him more (100% sure that this is not going to happen). In this deal there are money to be made, Vince will make money, Hogan will make money, fans will get to see Hulkster one more time on the big stage so everyone will be happy.

Rock, Austin, Hogan, Goldberg, HBK and Undertaker's final match. :faint: If the rumors are true then WrestleMania 30 is going to be amazing!

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
the question is do they want him bad enough to out-bid TNA.

Last year's WrestleMania numbers were disappointing
Outbidding TNA lol. WWE going up against TNA in a bidding war is like the New York Yankees going up against the Miami Marlins in a bidding war for someone.

And WM numbers last year were disappointing? I thought it was one of the highest grossing WMs of all time?

·
Banned
72 Posts
Outbidding TNA lol. WWE going up against TNA in a bidding war is like the New York Yankees going up against the Miami Marlins in a bidding war for someone.

And WM numbers last year were disappointing? I thought it was one of the highest grossing WMs of all time?
It was disappointing for them because they wanted to surpass the buyrate of WrestleMania 28.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts