Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE is slowly getting back to main stream lately with TV interviews with WWE SUPERSTARS, JOHN CENA/FRUITY PEBBLES deal & John Cena and other sports athletes doing some kind of promotion on TV and stuff & recently at the BET HipHop Awards artists name dropped Andre the Giant & Daniel Bryan so I notice WWE is getting back up there and the Road to WrestleMania begins in 3 months at the Rumble thats when WWE TELEVISION is at its best so WWE might just become "COOL" again.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I don't think we'll ever see the same kind of exposure that pro wrestling got in the Hogan or Austin eras again. But it's always there, loads of us still know and love the product but most of the time unless we're around others that love it we will keep it to ourselves. In the late 90s, if you went out you were pretty much guaranteed to see a Stone Cold, Rock or DX shirt somewhere, the last time I remember seeing a WWE shirt was earlier this year at Download festival, saw 3 Punk shirts around and started a Yes chant with someone wearing a Daniel Bryan shirt while pretty drunk, fun times! That's the first time in a long time that i've seen WWE shirts around so hopefully you're right.

·
Actually in The Business
1,057 Posts
You're projecting what could happen. Something I'm sure many of us are hoping for. but I've yet to see much evidence. I don't like them going back to more PG style, after so long WWE was leaning towards good again. WE need edgy and please get rid of the los mataderes gimmick it is absolutely ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I really doubt it will ever be up to late 90's/ early 00's mainstream(ness) again. When I was a kid Austin 3:16, nWo, and 4 Horsemen shirts were EVERYWHERE! Now the only 2 I see on a regular basis are Punk by adults or Cena by kids. I was at Six Flags Great Adventure this weekend and I saw plenty of Punk shirts and 2 or 3 kids dressed up in full Cena attire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts