Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WWE's newest acquisition is Heritage Championship Wrestling champion "The Future" Donovan Ruddick.

Ruddick has signed a developmental deal and was at the Bragging Rights PPV this past Sunday as well as the TV tapings this week.

Ruddick has worked with the likes of Tyler Black and Claudio Castagnoli recently, working with HCW and The Lethal Wrestling Alliance.

no clue who he is, but sounds cool. anyone know him ? is this a good thing ?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well, from his Cached MySpace page on Google I've learned that he's 6'7" and 265 pounds. There might be a little "wrestling height" added there, but not much - if you look at his YouTube videos, the guy is huge. He's black, which fits in with WWE's desire for more diversity, and seems like he's wrestled across Missouri and the midwest, which is a pretty decent wrestling area. He grew up there, or at least went to high school in St. Louis.

I imagine WWE will give him a new name (as is customary these days), but particularly because his name could confused him with Razor Ruddock - the boxer.

Not a signing that will make any waves, but doesn't seem like a bad deal either.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Saw a match of his on YT with a fatman face. He worked the crowd, sold, and from what i could tell pretty much carried the match. Wonder how long til we see him.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
From the two or three matches I've seen of his, I'd say he seems to be a fairly solid worker with good selling and generally sound psychology.

Seems to have potential. Doubt he's as big as he's been billed as, however.

·
Unlucky! Better luck next time!
416 Posts
Sounds good. They have no black main eventers at the moment really so if he does become the next "breakout star" this will certainly add diversity to the company.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I thought for a second that the old boxer Donovan 'Razor' Ruddock, was becoming a wrestler. I wonder if this guy actually named himself after a C-list boxer from the 90's, or if that is his real name.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts