Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You notice how crazy the crowds have been going for the Rhodes boys?? For once it seems like the crowd are uniting behind a babyface and buying into the storyline.
This is because for once, the WWE have got it right when it comes to their faces. They have booked the Rhodes boys as having looked like being down and out with no hope, but as good heroes do, they came back and sorted out the villains.
The WWE needs to use this example for booking future heroes. The way they booked Sheamus, Orton and Cena was wrong and it led to people resenting them. They booked those guys as absolute unstoppable juggernauts who always came out on top and were never troubled by the bad guys. Remember Sheamus's feud with ADR in 2012 and Orton's feud with Christian in 2011?? Talk about one sided!
And don't get me started on Cena!
How can they expect fans to fully invest in the good guys if there are no obstacles for the heroes to overcome?
The Rhodes v Shield/Corporation angle has been brilliant and hopefully we can see some more engaging storylines like this in future WWE programming.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I agree. Thing is, even thou they were being booked in a way it was hard to get behind, they were still over as fuck. For some reason Orton was getting monster pops as a face and working the crowds to perfection. At EC 2013, Orton was mad over. TBH, I would exclude Orton from Sheamus and Cena when it came to booking, because after that one sided feud with Christian, he met Henry, and for a top guy like Orton, Henry made him look like a bitch.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
they know to change the booking. I think they had a long term plan, but people became impatient and it backfired
I believe the initial idea was to do the heel turn on SD, but they started to lose a little faith in Sheamus being the next top face because he wasn't pushing much like DB is right now. Plus their was the crap Orton was going through as well in 2012.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Truly hated heels bring about truly loved faces. The Rhodes boys got a major rub from the McMahon's and they have the talent to make it stick. It's great to see them running with it like this and if they book it right, Cody Rhodes is going to be a star. He's already been elevated so much in just 1 month alone. But it's the follow through where WWE suck. They're great at getting somebody there, they aren't so good at keeping there. I'd love to see this all end at Wrestlemania with Cody defeating Goldust who ends up turning on him for some reason or other. By Wrestlemania 31 Cody Rhodes should be challenging for a main title.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Yeah, agreed. One thing I like about Cody is the fact they haven't slapped a world title on him even thou he was a certified midcarder, like some others. I truly think WWE wants Cody's first major title win at some point, to be the WWE title, and it seems it would be fitting seeing his wrestling family line.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You notice how crazy the crowds have been going for the Rhodes boys?? For once it seems like the crowd are uniting behind a babyface and buying into the storyline.
This is because for once, the WWE have got it right when it comes to their faces. They have booked the Rhodes boys as having looked like being down and out with no hope, but as good heroes do, they came back and sorted out the villains.
The WWE needs to use this example for booking future heroes. The way they booked Sheamus, Orton and Cena was wrong and it led to people resenting them. They booked those guys as absolute unstoppable juggernauts who always came out on top and were never troubled by the bad guys. Remember Sheamus's feud with ADR in 2012 and Orton's feud with Christian in 2011?? Talk about one sided!
And don't get me started on Cena!
How can they expect fans to fully invest in the good guys if there are no obstacles for the heroes to overcome?
The Rhodes v Shield/Corporation angle has been brilliant and hopefully we can see some more engaging storylines like this in future WWE programming.
They didn't overcome the odds, they needed the Big Show, it's the same thing they've been doing for the past however many years. I will give the main event one thing though, it really reminded me of an attitude era match, and I give much of that credit to Dustin.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Goldust has been on fire in this run he's having. So solid in the ring and could probably work with anyone on the roster. As for Cody, he is the future of WWE after WM 30.

·
Banned
3,871 Posts
Rhodes boys? You guys think its cool to talk like Ambrose?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Goldust and Cody have been a highlight of the show in recent weeks, the way the storyline has been built up is excellent and it allowed for a big pay off. This will be great for Cody to help propel him into a good position on the card and being around his brother can only be a good thing, one of the best workers of the 90s and certainly one of the most interesting characters, it's great to see them as tag champs, the only thing that could've maybe been done better was having them win at HIAC rather than Raw, still an amazing moment for tv though.

·
Registered
979 Posts
They have been booked fantastically.

The determined face who wants to kick ass will always go down better with the crowd than the smiley 'rise above' face

1 - 14 of 14 Posts