Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the goal of giving more interest to female wrestling. You know, they should do it not because of the so called ''feminazis'' and their PC culture.
They should do it because they're the biggest wrestling company in the world since 2001, and since pro wrestling is much feminine by default.

I remember when the WWE version of ECW started in 2006, I said to my friends...''The hell with ECW! WWE should have a third wrestling show consisting of pure female wrestling, damnit!''
Then in January 2010 my cable company, no longer aired the foreign channels were I used to watch WWE shows at that time... So I hadn't interest to keep viewing the PPVs streamed anywhere since I couldn't watch the TV shows.
But since October 2014 I can watch the TV shows again, then I knew this forum (I watch WWE shows since 1994 but never had the idea of discuss wrestling online until 2014, believe it or not) and since the WWE roster was unified, in my earlier posts I asked why WWE can't have a TV show of female wrestling, like it happens in Japan.

But then last year in the new WWE Draft, I finally understood it... Why WWE won't have a weekly show exclusive of female wrestling.
That's because in both traveling wrestling rosters Raw and Smackdown, the people expect a female wrestling match between important matches, to have a laugh or the so called piss break...
That's why now we got two rosters of 6 or 7 women competing for the red and blue women championships...

I can understand it. The traveling wrestling rosters of both shows need some female wrestling...
But also with that classic method, is difficult to increase the interest there.

But now we have an undefeated champion in NXT, and a women's tournament supposed to increase the suscriptions in the WWE network.
I would have Asuka vacating the NXT title after winning in the next Takeover, then going to Raw or Smackdown with the pride of arriving undefeated, saying to the roster of that brand that she is above the champion of that brand because she was undefeated...
At the same time I'll have the new wrestler winner of the Mae Young Classic, going to the opposite brand of Asuka. Let's say if Asuka goes to Smackdown, then the winner of the Mae Young Classic should go to Raw... And she will be disrespecting the champion of that brand, like Asuka will be doing it with the champion of the other brand.:laugh:

Then Vince McMahon will decide one way to resolve the problems caused by Asuka and the winner of the Mae Young Classic in Raw and Smackdown, and it will be having Asuka facing the champion of her brand, and the winner of the Mae Young Classic facing the champion of the other brand in a new female wrestling show that will air monthly on WWE Network.
And the main event will be the unification of the titles of Raw and Smackdown into a single women's championship that will be defeated monthly in that show.

Then both Raw and Smackdown will keep their rosters of 6 or 7 women with all their feuds and the undisputed women's championship being defended monthly in that WWE Network show.

I don't know, IMO that way maybe female wrestling in WWE could finally become more exciting or ''competitive''.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,258 Posts
I'll stick to one Bra and Panties segment a week and a 3-minute match on Raw during which I can take a piss, thank you very much.

Reactions: JafarMustDie

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
I like female wrestling, I really do, but such a thing has never been proven to be a major draw in wrestling. Its a sideshow, and has always been a sideshow. Here is no way WWE would be willing to risk that much resources for something so unproven. At least the cruiserweights have shown to work in the past.

Reactions: MickDX

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
I like female wrestling, I really do, but such a thing has never been proven to be a major draw in wrestling. Its a sideshow, and has always been a sideshow. Here is no way WWE would be willing to risk that much resources for something so unproven. At least the cruiserweights have shown to work in the past.
All women promotions used to regularly draw crowds of 40k+ people back in the 90s in Japan. Wrestlers like Manami Toyota were huge superstars.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I don't like Women's Wrestling coz it lacks Star power.

This Tourney won't be as successful as CWC. People are about to see a Botchfest.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
I love women's wrestling but honestly they need to dial back a bit, forcing everything isn't making it get over as well..

I can see all Steph's tweets about the tourny already fpalm

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
All women promotions used to regularly draw crowds of 40k+ people back in the 90s in Japan. Wrestlers like Manami Toyota were huge superstars.
Not in America it never was. And even in Japan, I'm not sure Stardom comes close to that and they are the biggest female wrestling promotion right now. And lastly, they had Manami Toyota arguably the best wrestler of all time male or female. I doubt WWE will ever get a female wrestler both marketable and talented enough to accomplish the same feat.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Either let Nikki Cross beat her or let her stay undefeated.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
She better lose that title to Ember Moon before she moves up. IF she moves up. She's worse on the mic than Nakamura. Im a huge fan of Womens wrestling, but some of the WWE women are just awful in ring. The tournament should be a huge deal though.. Think it will be bigger than the CWC

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Precisely because both Nikki Cross and Ember Moon are capable to do great things in WWE, they should do something bigger with Asuka's ''streak''.
Rather than have her losing it at any episode of NXT they should portray her as the figure to defeat by the winner of the upcoming women's tournament, for example.

She waiting for the winning girl, like a badass fighting game boss it would be much more interesting for the three women divisions of WWE...

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
The two nations are starkly different cultures at times though.

For example, Sumo has been huge in Japan for a long time, and is ingrained in the public consciousness. In America it is usually something closer to an activity a few fat guys do part-time in a barn on weekends.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,444 Posts
I would really rather see Asuka just lose in Brooklyn. They've been building her up for nearly two years and not having any payoff would be lame. She owes it to the NXT women's division to put at least one person over.

The women having their own show, meh. Might work but could also flop. 205 live certainly hasn't worked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts