Wrestling Forum banner

WWE should put Lacey Evans on Commentary

1389 Views 25 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  deadcool
I think anyone would agree that Lacey is a very so-so wrestler. However she is really into her character, quick witted and I think would be really good as a heel commentator. Maybe put her on the mic sometimes? Just a thought.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· The Empire will Reign again
18,474 Posts
Lacey is a better wrestler than you all give her credit for, she looked bad against Becky because she was getting squashed constantly and selling isn't her strength. She needs to work from on top so she can sell her character and work the crowd. She's no technician but her execution is very solid, she gets a little lost between spots but that happens with green wrestlers.

The fact that she's been put on the WOAT list with people like Tamina and Lana but Nikki Cross is considered a good worker truly boggles my mind.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
I would HATE hearing Lacey Evans on commentary, but I'll tell you this. Compared to her being a womens champion, fucking go for it. If that's the compromise, 100% yes. If she's gonna be the female Corey Graves and not ruining the show as a pushed wrestler, I can deal with that.

· Registered
397 Posts
I like Lacey as a wrestler, she has a great body and she is athletic. Not a big fan of her gimmick, when she uses the tissue to wipe her sweat off her face I think is annoying but she is not as bad as people think. Give her time I'd say...

· Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
8,831 Posts
Disagree. Lacey is very athletic and wants to be a wrestler. Only way for her to improve is to actually wrestle. Putting her on commentary stops all of that.

Plus I wouldn't wish on anyone to have Vince in their ear for 2-3 hours straight.

Lacey is far better in the ring than what she has been given credit for, but I know that when minds are set they are not going to change.

· The House of Black Always Wins.
21,031 Posts
Lacey is a better wrestler than you all give her credit for, she looked bad against Becky because she was getting squashed constantly and selling isn't her strength. She needs to work from on top so she can sell her character and work the crowd. She's no technician but her execution is very solid, she gets a little lost between spots but that happens with green wrestlers.

The fact that she's been put on the WOAT list with people like Tamina and Lana but Nikki Cross is considered a good worker truly boggles my mind.
She's looked her best against Becky lol, everyone else has made her look like dogshit. Especially Charlotte. And anyone that considers Nikki Cross to be a good worker has lost heir mind.

· Registered
3,009 Posts

To me, Lacey as a worker is on the level of Sonya Deville on her best nights. The two's match they had on NXT proved that. She's over the names you've mentioned.

She isn't any higher than that though, and isn't consistent in displaying that level most of the time, that's why she looks lower. "Main roster factor" plays in. It would be a stretch to think she could be the level of worker as like Bayley or Ruby for instance. It is why I would see her get any farther than the spot she's currently in, though she'll manage to get highlights past her usual carding once in a while due to the character she's playing.

· THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,960 Posts
Lacey is still very green but gets a way worse rep than she deserves for her ring work. She still needs to develop but she's pretty athletic and is becoming more capable.

Putting her on commentary would be a disservice to her, she has star potential.

Reactions: M.V.W.

· The Empire will Reign again
18,474 Posts
To me, Lacey as a worker is on the level of Sonya Deville on her best nights. The two's match they had on NXT proved that. She's over the names you've mentioned.

She isn't any higher than that though, and isn't consistent in displaying that level most of the time, that's why she looks lower. "Main roster factor" plays in. It would be a stretch to think she could be the level of worker as like Bayley or Ruby for instance. It is why I would see her get any farther than the spot she's currently in, though she'll manage to get highlights past her usual carding once in a while due to the character she's playing.
I can agree with that. I wasn't suggesting that she's top tier or that she ever will be but almost everybody else on WF put her on the dog shit tier which I find ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.