Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... and partner her with Albert Del Rio. Who knew that a formerly masked wrestler and a plain Jane could bring some personality when asked?

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
The only thing that should be partnered with Alberto Del Rio is the World Heavyweight Championship, not some random diva.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I'm sorry but who is Sarah Stock? Is she Sarita from TNA?

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Del Rio is arguably one of the most over heels in the company right now. Near enough everyone loves him.
He's seemingly good in the ring, draws his heat from the crowd, works the mic, ticks every box basically.

The guy doesn't need a manager of any kind.

·
It All Ends.
1,028 Posts
I'd love to see Sarah Stock in WWE, but not in this capacity.

Alberto doesn't need anyone. Except Ricardo, but that goes without saying.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
The only thing that should be partnered with Alberto Del Rio is the World Heavyweight Championship, not some random diva.

She's not a Diva. She's a wrestler. A much better wrestler than either World Champions in the WWE.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
What purpose would it serve to pair him with her? It's not like he needs her, or anyone else for that matter, to get over.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Yes, she is, and I don't see the benefit of partnering her with Del Rio. Only if they make her his servant or something.
Ah, thanks.

Del Rio doesn't need a valet at the moment, unless he will win KOTR and he needs a 'queen' then it might work, but to be honest he's better off on his own right now. Ted DiBiase and Maryse already play a similar gimmick anyway, there's no need to add more.

·
Premium Member
44,203 Posts
I don't know. Knowing how to wrestle seems to hinder a female talent upon their arrival to the WWE. Gail Kim? They haven't done a thing with her. Natalya? Up until recently she was a valet, while the hot blondes that couldn't wrestle were wrestlers. Wrap your head around that one. Serena? Same deal. She only wrestled one match despite having more experience prior to joining the WWE than say Michelle or Maryse did. Jillian? She has a wrestle background, but she gets saddled with the lamest of lame one note gimmicks for most of her run. Victoria? She was a jobber her last few years there despite looking the most like a legit athlete.

There are a couple of exceptions like Melina & Beth, and I guess Natalya finally broke through, but it seems like WWE wants to repeat the success they had with Trish Stratus by bringing in a model, training her on the fly, and making a big star out of her. Unfortunately, I think Trish is an exception to the rule rather than an example of the norm. Girls like Michelle McCool, Maryse, Kelly Kelly, Tiffany, Layla, Alicia Fox, & the like are probably not the talents to focus on.

So Sarah Stock in WWE? She's a good talent for sure and if they got her, they should use her in a wrestling capacity. Doesn't mean they ever would though.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
That's not saying much, most of the wrestlers in the WWE are better than Kane and Orton. Hell, I could probably outwrestle them.
Actually it's telling of how pathetic and lackluster the main event scene in the WWE is and how shaky booking is. Del Rio will be successful if they don't hold him back but you never know with McMahon and his daughter...they look for reasons to bury talent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts