Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bringing the guy back early because of their shit ratings, they should not have to rely on a 36 or however old he is man having to come back potentially too early and risk hurting himself even more. It's 2013, WWE fucked themselves by building people up and then fucking them over when they got bored with them or feeding them to Cena.

Punk and Bryan are exceptions, suprised they do not pull in the ratings but Cena is so relied upon it is embarrasing on WWE part.

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
WCW relied on a 45 year old Hulk Hogan. As they did with Ric Flair who was in his early 40s in the early 1990s. WWF were still relying on Hulk Hogan in 1993 when he was 40 years of age.

Age in professional wrestling means nothing.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
You would think that they learned their lesson with Hogan when it comes to putting all their eggs in the same basket, but I guess not.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Bringing the guy back early because of their shit ratings, they should not have to rely on a 36 or however old he is man having to come back potentially too early and risk hurting himself even more. It's 2013, WWE fucked themselves by building people up and then fucking them over when they got bored with them or feeding them to Cena.

Punk and Bryan are exceptions, suprised they do not pull in the ratings but Cena is so relied upon it is embarrasing on WWE part.
36 years isn't old for a pro-wrestler.I am not sure how realistic is it for John Cena not to be in the spotlight since he is easily their biggest star.If it were upto me,I would still have Cena as the biggest star but he would have to share the spotlight with guys like Punk and Bryan

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I think guys like Barrett, Sandow and Cesaro should have got major pushes. Now they still have that chance also hope they do so for Bray and Big E both can be major players in the future. WWE realizes that Cena is just a temporary solution but they are too scared to change.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I don't think Cena's age is a problem, but the WWE should have built up other stars so that they wouldn't have had to rush Cena back so soon.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
36 years isn't old for a pro-wrestler.I am not sure how realistic is it for John Cena not to be in the spotlight since he is easily their biggest star.If it were upto me,I would still have Cena as the biggest star but he would have to share the spotlight with guys like Punk and Bryan
It is for a guy who has been wrestling non-stop for over a decade. He's only had a total of 4 months off in that span.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
They can't rely on anyone else, no one on the fulltime roster is half a star cena is.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Who should they rely on? Keep pretending Daniel Bryan is the new face of the company? :lmao if that's the case this company will sink.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
They have been doing that. Anyway, I see Bryan/Punk as a Bret/Shawn type of combo. Extremely niche, entertains those who are already fans, trying to maintain some of the fanbase that Cena brought in, just Bret/Shawn did. But like you said, it is unrealistic to keep him out of the spotlight. That would have been like booking Hogan under Bret/Shawn during the New Generation. I guess it would have worked, who knows.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Who should they rely on? Keep pretending Daniel Bryan is the new face of the company? :lmao if that's the case this company will sink.
yes because they have booked bryan to be the face by giving him a one day title run and then having him get beat down to close nine shows in a row..

bringing cena back isn't going to raise the ratings of a 3 hours show at this time of the year anyway with alot of the show being filler. bryan is already pulling in cena like numbers for his segments

·
Contemplate or Procrastinate?
127 Posts
Quite honestly it's not even relying on Cena in itself that I have an issue with it is the fact they seemingly have the sole reliance on one individual that I have the problem with no matter who it is as it leaves WWE vulnerable to circumstances such as Cena's injury leaving a lack of credible faces although some are being built at the moment they shouldn't have been in the position in the first place as far as I am concerned.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,851 Posts
Well, Cena is the biggest star on the roster and quite frankly, if he wins the WHC title it would be good for the belt. I would like to see both world titles mean something again.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
They're not bringing him back early, they just announced he'd be out longer than he would be so he would look like superman by coming back early.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
yes because they have booked bryan to be the face by giving him a one day title run and then having him get beat down to close nine shows in a row..

bringing cena back isn't going to raise the ratings of a 3 hours show at this time of the year anyway with alot of the show being filler. bryan is already pulling in cena like numbers for his segments

Haha no he's not, Bryan isn't a draw what don't you people get. He PINNED cena clean and still isn't progressing

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
Well, they aren't relying on Bryan right now anyway, so that's a dead issue. The current program is centered around Big Show and his feelings and that guy is 41 years old.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts