Wrestling Forum banner

WWE should do The Fabulous Moolah (or Mae Young) Memorial Tournament for the Divas

679 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Kejhill
Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal = Wrestlemania paydays for most of the roster

Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic tournament = they botched first edition with the bad booking, but at least we had something to talk about and tag team division is one of the hottest things in NXT right now.

If they don't want to give women a proper Royal Rumble for WM match, make a tournament. That way you can build someone who is not in a title picture currently. Becky Lynch or Naomi for example. The winner gets a trophy and a title shot in the future. What do you think of this shit idea?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
437 Posts
Re: WWE should do The Fabulous Moolah Memorial Tournament for the Divas

I think that everytime WWE makes some trophy or tournament is a drama.

The King Of The Ring only leads to depushing or terrible "King X" gimmicks, the Andre The Giant Memorial ended with Big Show useless win and Cesaro still crying every night about how that tournament only lead him in being overshadowed by a manager and someone who wasn't even on screen while Cesaro was nearly the top face of Company.

About the Dusty Rhodes tournament, well, the day after no one spoke about that anymore in NXT.

I prefer having a single match or a triple threat with the top 2-3 divas with a solid story behind them then watching an useless battle royal. :klopp

· Registered
3,073 Posts
Re: WWE should do The Fabulous Moolah Memorial Tournament for the Divas

I prefer having a single match or a triple threat with the top 2-3 divas with a solid story behind them then watching an useless battle royal. :klopp
Beat me to it. The King of The Ring tournament used to be a big deal. Now, it's just a crutch to prop up lazy booking and poor storytelling.

· The Last Dragon
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is not a "bash Moolah" thread guys. BTW that's why there's Mae Young name in thread title too. :draper2

Reactions: TheDevilsPimp
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.