Wrestling Forum banner

Should WWE do Edge & Christian vs. Orton & Triple H at WrestleMania 37?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The current plan for WrestleMania 37's to have Edge face Orton for the third time in an "I Quit" Match and, as someone who enjoyed their last two matches, I don't want this to happen. Both superstars went all out in a Last Man Standing Match and in "The Greatest Wrestling Match of All Time," so there's not much else they can do one-on-one, and it would be a waste for Edge who's on a limited wrestling schedule. Considering how much WWE wants this feud to continue, it would be best to culminate it with Edge & Christian vs. Orton & Triple H at WrestleMania 37 as it would be a fresh match-up with logic and benefit behind it. At Extreme Rules 2011, Christian won the World Title and celebrated with Edge in the ring but the celebration was cut short by Orton who ended his championship reign a few days later on SmackDown. On an edition of The Cutting Edge in 2013, Triple H called Edge a "failure" and hired The Shield to attack Christian in their hometown of Toronto. The night after he injured Edge at Backlash, Orton injured Christian after a mini Evolution reunion with Flair on Raw. WrestleMania 37 will mark 10 years since Edge had his initial last match at WrestleMania 27 where he retained the World Title with Christian at ringside, so to see E&C team up a decade later on the Grandest Stage of Them All would be fitting, and to see them taking on Evolution would be the icing on the cake.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Much rather these guys put newer talent over guys like edge and triple H if they still have something left and even Orton at this stage of his career. Just not really interested in seeing guys wrestle each other who wrestled each other 15 years ago if they've only gotta few matches left in them. They could use that to help establish the talent who will be there when they've hung there boots up for good

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
I love Christian to bits, but he didn’t look to be in Mania form. And he was never the kind of star that anyone else in there would have been. We don’t really need to see Triple H at another WrestleMania either.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,535 Posts
I love E&C because I always marked for them over the Hardy's and Dudley's during the AE period but that idea doesn't interest tbf I'd still take a rubber finale between Edge and Orton over that, Hunter has zero business being involved in that scenario as it is.

If anything i'd prefer E&C vs AJ/Seth.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,286 Posts
I voted yes. It's not something I would have considered but it could make for a decent storyline if all 4 people were in the right shape to do it.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What a terrible idea
So, you'd rather see Edge vs. Orton in another one on one match? They did all they can do in a Last Man Standing Match and in "The Greatest Wrestling Match of All Time," so there's not much else they can do in a one on one environment. At WrestleMania 36, Edge proved he can still shine when the lights are on bright, and got revenge on the man who tried to end his career and RKO'd his wife. At Backlash, Orton proved he's the superior wrestler, and brought back his Punt Kick finisher as well as his "Legend Killer" persona. WWE wants their rivalry to continue and since that's the case, E&C vs. Evolution would be the best way to culminate it. Christian and Triple H being added to their angle would not only add much needed interest but would prevent Edge's limited wrestling schedule to be wasted on a third singles match with Orton that benefits nobody. We've seen Orton injure Edge and Christian back to back, and we've seen him have a mini Evolution reunion with Flair, so the tag team match at WrestleMania 37 just writes itself.

·
I Am Phenomenal
1,176 Posts
I’d rather not see edge waste his final few matches stuck in a boring ass feud with randy Orton which we saw about 15 years ago. Let him go and work and interesting program. One with Rollins writes itself, you nearly killed me blah blah blah or any of the 50 other fresh new people I’d rather See edge wrestle.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I won’t mind it if the story makes sense. Having a tag match for part timers is better than full matches as they can take a breather when they tag and it’s an easy way to not gas out half way into the match.

But on the other hand I rather not see hhh have another match. His last match at mania vs Batista was a perfect final match as it was fun, had good story and ended by him finally beating his old friend and rival Batista .

One of the best way for hhh to end his ring career

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Sure, like Shawn Michaels where you spend your last couple years of in-ring action wrestling already established people like Chris Jericho, JBL, and the Undertaker where you don't actually put anyone over.

Sign me up, sounds like a great plan

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
Edge vs. Seth Rollins sounds like it could be the best use of him. I’d honestly send Orton to NXT in a heel role. Orton can beat Keith Lee for the NXT Title and then lose it to Tommaso Ciampa. Those can be your WrestleMania weekend matches.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Orton and Flair vs Edge and Hogan insert Vince's smiley here
Honestly, this would’ve worked if Hogan and Flair could still go in the ring but they can’t. Hogan had a Tag Team Title reign with Edge, had his last WWE match against Orton at SummerSlam 2006, and had a recent “Team Hogan vs. Team Flair” feud with Flair. The latter reunited with Orton a few weeks ago and has history with him in the form of Evolution. It would make sense to book a tag team match with them in those aspects but considering how much Hogan and Flair are past their prime, Christian and Triple H would better fit the bill. I’d rather see E&C vs. Evolution in a fresh tag team match than see Edge vs. Orton in another one on one match. WWE could bring up the fact that Triple H called Edge a “failure” and hired The Shield to attack Christian in their own hometown of Toronto on Raw in 2013, as well as the fact that Orton ended Christian’s two day World Title reign on SmackDown in 2011. Edge and Christian were both taken out by the Punt Kick, so surely they’d both want to get their hands on Orton who’d need backup in the form of his mentor Triple H.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Molly Mayhem on your doorstep at 3am
818 Posts
Such a great idea. Anything that doesn't involve the new generation of vanilla midgets and charisma vacuums is surely a great idea.

·
Hardcore Casual
834 Posts
I feel like this is more a Survivor Series bout. Wouldn't be opposed to seeing an Evolution reunion despite hating them during the reign of terror. Then maybe Edge, Christian, Jeff Hardy and the Dudleys?

I don't think it's a fit for WrestleMania though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts