Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In mark henry's voice, just saying... don't know why they changed it, but the product currently seems bland and dumb with that kind of idea.

Bring back Unforgiven, Bad Blood, Armageddon, No Way Out, Backlash, No Mercy, and Judgement Day.

Names like Capitol Punishment, Hell in a Cell, Over the Limit, Payback, and Bragging Rights.. they all sound so stupid.

Also, re install the fist back on the Smackdown titantron that it once existed.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,171 Posts
How would any of this improve the product?

Also please explain why Payback is stupid but Backlash isn't.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How would any of this improve the product?

Also please explain why Payback is stupid but Backlash isn't.
Because Payback is a new PPV that is replacing Backlash and every other PPV names that have long existed for HISTORY. No wrestling fan saw a reason to change PPV names. No matter what demographics watch WWE, the PPV names should have no affect at all on them.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Honestly and truthfully, I think Smackdown needs to go, and should have done a long time ago, it's way gone stale now and I think it needs to be scrapped and possibly replaced with something real new and fresh.

Most people find it a chore to watch now, even hardcore wrestling fans are struggling with this now on a whole.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts
Unforgiven, Badd Blood and No Mercy are stupid PPV names. They don't even mean anything. They're just evil/sadistic sounding. At least names like No Way Out, Capitol Punishment and Bragging Rights are reflections of the theme of the PPV (theme does not always mean gimmick match I.e. Capitol Punishment).

·
Registered
84 Posts
don't care about the old ppv names but it would be awesome if they brought back the fist

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Because Payback is a new PPV that is replacing Backlash and every other PPV names that have long existed for HISTORY. No wrestling fan saw a reason to change PPV names. No matter what demographics watch WWE, the PPV names should have no affect at all on them.
a tad hypocritical non?

i mean pre 1999, none of those names existed

·
Breaking kayfabe to get over.
1,377 Posts
The only PPV I would be interested in be brought back is King of the Ring. As for the fist, maybe not bring that back, but I do feel that Raw and Smackdown! should have different sets/entrance ways/etc. The only way you can tell the difference between the two right now is the red and blue lighting.

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
Speaking of overall themes, I miss the one off In Your House titles they had.

Beware of Dog (British Bulldog/HBK)
A Cold Day In Hell (Austin/Undertaker)
Mind Games (HBK/Mankind)
St. Valentine's Day Massacre (Self explanatory)
Canadian Stampede (Calgary, Alberta)
Buried Alive (Undertaker/Mankind)

In many circumstances they took what should have been a one-off PPV title (Elimination Chamber, Hell in a Cell, Extreme Rules, TLC, etc.) and diluted their overall apeal. They should bring back the creative titles derived from the main event, location, or holiday (Halloween Havoc, Massacre on 34th Steet).

·
Premium Member
15,014 Posts
And this betters the product how?

You say bring back Unforgiven, Bad Blood, Armageddon, No Way Out, Backlash, No Mercy, and Judgement Day because the new names sound stupid. Well, some fans probably wanted Ground Zero, Cold Day In Hell, Mind Games, Seasons Beatings, so on and so forth because the PPV's that replaced them sound stupid, to them.

Again, what does any of that do to better the product?

·
Premium Member
15,014 Posts
I don't know man. I think Bad Blood should've been the pay per view at first than Great American Bash because it sounds what wrestling would be more about. GAB sounds like something taken from an American parody stadium.
Yeah because when you hear the term "bad blood", you immediately think of wrestling.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
another mark living in the past. Get over it.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
a tad hypocritical non?

i mean pre 1999, none of those names existed

It was still long enough to become ingrained in what we expect from the product. The Attitude Era PPV names stuck around for about 10 years, that's quite a bit of time. If in the mid 90s they decided to change the name of Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Survivor Series, and Royal Rumble, do you think that they would get away with that? Wrestlemania and Summerslam are the biggest PPVs and they have the dumbest names ever, but they still wouldn't dare change them.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I like WCW PPV names and the Nitro set. I'll never see those again though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts