Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With reports that WWE are wanting to turn Lee into a monster heel (supposedly with Adam Cole, lol), I think it would be a good idea to bring him back as a heel and align him with Lashley/MVP.

The benefit of this is that it gives him a mouthpiece and keeps him fresh along with Lashley. But in the long term, you have the potential for a massive babyface run. Similarly to the HHH/Batista story, you could have Lee start to save him in matches, and then Lashley start to use him and push him around, until Lee wins the rumble, finally snaps, and goes after the world title at Mania/Summerslam. With that you have him go over and create a new star.

Realistically, WWE will most likely return him and pair him with Drake Maverick and release him by the rumble, but it’s nice to imagine what could be.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Yeah I think it would be a good idea. It was fucking stupid to even break them up in the first place, half of the reason Booby even got over in the first place was because of his faction. He isn't good enough on his own, he is the type to need people around him to cover up his lack of mic skills and charisma. So yeah, may as well rebuild the Hurt Business and add Keith Lee, cause that motherfucker can't talk for shit, and needs a mouthpiece like MVP.

·
The Babyface of WF
"What I've always wanted...A better world"
18,636 Posts
Not really sure about this specific idea but a push for Lee in general would be good, He's good enough to not need a mouthpiece it's his style and manner of speaking that might not suit people's tastes but he's fine.

I'll start with just using him more then probably create ways for him to expand.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I like the idea of Keith Lee as a Heel but as his own man, not with a group like the Hurt Business. He is a decent promo so with the right character, he could display some decent attitude and the be a monster big man in the ring.

·
Registered
Caesar Of Uranus
2,814 Posts
I like Keith Lee in The Hurt Business with MVP as his mouthpiece. I would also allow Cedric to work his way back in THB and be the guy who eats the pins for the group.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
13,813 Posts
I think Keith Lee with MVP as his tag partner to start and then progressing to MVP in his corner for the Midcard title works good. Use MVP truly like Flair in Evolution especially since he’s working matches again.

I won’t lie though I half way wish Kofi and Xavier joined MVP and Lashley though with their great chemistry. Be like the new age outlaws with dx

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Lee as the Batista to Lashley & MVP’s Triple H & Flair respectively could be fun. Unfortunately they don’t do long term story telling anymore.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I mean ...

Why give a "mouthpiece" manager to a guy that can talk as well as Lee does? I know he hasn't had any great promos on themain roster yet, but that's because he hasn't had a chance. His work in NXT shows how good he is.

I'm fine with aligning him with MVP and Lashley as a heel, and I loved everything about The Hurt Business, and still have absolutely no understanding of why WWE trashed it as a faction. So yeah, absolutely bring it back and add Lee. But just because it has potential to be one of the great stables, like Evolution and The Shield before it ... not because he "needs" a mouthpiece.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
When the crowds are back I.was quite surprised on how hot mvp and lashley are, makes me think that hurt business will be over as long as mvp will do his no holds barred talking

·
Southern Pride
5,565 Posts
I do think that it's an interesting idea. Keith Lee can talk on his own of course but him having MVP by his side while he is heel would help him. It would help get the crowd to not cheer for Keith. Plus now that Lashley is no longer WWE Champion, Lashley could recruit Keith Lee to get revenge on RK-Bro once Lashley has no more rematches for the WWE Championship. Lee going against his pal Riddle.

I like Keith as a babyface now but if he were to turn heel him joining the Hurt Business wouldn't be a bad idea.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
When the crowds are back I.was quite surprised on how hot mvp and lashley are, makes me think that hurt business will be over as long as mvp will do his no holds barred talking
MVP will always get the crowd reactions because he is excellent with a mic. He always has been.

It's a testament to how good he is, that he was brought back for a one-off appearance like, 18 months ago, and is now in all of the biggest segments on RAW every week. Another reason why it was a TERRIBLE decision to kill off the Hurt Business so soon. I really feel for Cedric and Shelton. They were really getting over as part of the stable ... but since the break up, they're nowhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts