Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
I think they should get rid of all the events that pigeon-hole the booking around a specific gimmick match and just let these matches happen organically. Definitely not in favour of bringing back the worst gimmick match PPV. I would definitely ax Hell in a Cell and TLC too.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
In general, gimmick PPVs tend to suck.

It should be:

Royal Rumble
No Way Out
WrestleMania
Backlash
Vengeance
MITB
SummerSlam
Unforgiven
King of the Ring
Survivor Series
Armageddon

Reactions: The Sharpshooter

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fast Lane is basically Over the limit.. Its not really that interesting Was F4tal Four Way not a good PPV? Titles, all titles changed that night, It was honestly unpredictable for me, it brought more I guess suspense to the matches, considering how it was 4 four to every title, and the crowd loved it.

·
Banned
8,135 Posts
In general, gimmick PPVs tend to suck.

It should be:

Royal Rumble
No Way Out
WrestleMania
Backlash
Vengeance
MITB
SummerSlam
Unforgiven
King of the Ring
Survivor Series
Armageddon
Royal Rumble - January
No Way Out - February
Wrestlemania - March
Backlash - April
Judgement Day - May
Money in the Bank - June
Vengeance - July
SummerSlam - August
Fully Loaded - September
No Mercy - October
Survivor Series - November
Armageddon - December

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Royal Rumble - January
No Way Out - February
Wrestlemania - March
Backlash - April
Judgement Day - May
Money in the Bank - June
Vengeance - July
SummerSlam - August
Fully Loaded - September
No Mercy - October
Survivor Series - November
Armageddon - December
I could get behind this lineup too. Makes me miss the good old days with all those serious PPV names. Vengeance, Backlash, No Mercy, No Way Out, Judgment Day, Armageddon, Unforgiven...now that's how you get people hyped up and eager to tune in!

No one wants to watch something called fucking Fast Lane, Fatal 4-Way, TLC, Hell in a Cell (especially when PG has all but ruined the match type), Over the Limit...even Payback and Battleground are both cheap watered-down imitations of much better older PPV names.

·
Banned
8,135 Posts
I could get behind this lineup too. Makes me miss the good old days with all those serious PPV names. Vengeance, Backlash, No Mercy, No Way Out, Judgment Day, Armageddon, Unforgiven...now that's how you get people hyped up and eager to tune in!

No one wants to watch something called fucking Fast Lane, Fatal 4-Way, TLC, Hell in a Cell (especially when PG has all but ruined the match type), Over the Limit...even Payback and Battleground are both cheap watered-down imitations of much better older PPV names.
:lol

Completely agree my good man. It's fucking ridiculous how they named match types as pay per views in the first place. Sure it's a good marketing trick but no, it's just fucking stupid. I bet there was someone lazy or couple of lazy people working in the office and suddenly decided to change the PPV names to match types to get more buys since they couldn't do their initial job of promoting PPVs the traditional way.

If you're going to have match types on certain PPVs then name those fucking PPVs in connection with the match types. No Way Out for Elimination Chamber sounded good even for Survivor Series that match types suits it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
They should go back to having 10 PPVs for the year at most;

Royal Rumble - Late January
No Way Out - Late February
Wrestlemania - First weekend in April
Backlash - Mid May
King of the Ring - Late June
Summerslam - Mid August
Unforgiven - Mid September
No Mercy - Late October
Survivor Series - Late November
Armageddon - Late December

There is no reason for them to have a PPV geared around a particular type of match, even Money in the Bank. It restricts control of a fued and forces the dilution of certain types of matches (I'm looking at you, Hell in a Cell) by putting the likes of Mark Henry, Ryback, Paul Heyman, Vince and Shane McMahon, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase and arguably Rollins and Ambrose in the structure when their storyline nor their status at that time warrented it. (Bossman too, but less said about that HiaC the better).

Hell in a Cell is a brilliant example, actually, because it's a match that should END careers and shave years off those who survive it. It should be the pinnacle, the finalisation of a fued and leave both competitors in a much, much better position on the map. Having a HiaC match should be after a fued has commanded the audience's attention. Look at Foley/HHH at No Way Out 2000. That is what HiaC should be all about, not having a #1 Contender match inside it (Cena/Orton last year).

Go back to the serious sounding PPV names where you're not forcing the type of match regardless of where the fued is at, who the competitors are etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts