Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
He's not great. He's very easily replacable. Good wrestler, ok on the stick, but nothing special. Even in his days with Eddie nobody gave two shits about him. Even though Eddie tried everything he could to get his nephew over, but it didnt happen.

All he has to him is his last name. And being a good wrestler

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Chavo's put in a decade of work for the WWE come this summer. Hard to believe it's been that long. He really doesn't mind it as he's acknowledged he could probably out-wrestle over half the locker room anyways. He just accepts that things like this, a drawn out humiliation with Hornswoggle and such like that are just part of the business he's in and if he wanted more, he's always been free to go. WWE could care less about how well anyone can actually wrestle when you've seen guys like Khali be a World Champ or blundering Divas like Eve win 2 Divas Championships. They call themselves entertainers and not even "Sports-entertainers" like they used to as recently as 3-4 years ago.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Chavo Guerrero is like Dolph Ziggler. It doesn't matter how good he is in the ring, because at the end of the day, he's still Chavo Guerrero. He's as forgettable as they come.

·
"Ingrato De Chicago"
1,005 Posts
He does not have the "it" factor, shame. Hell of a wrestler though.

·
WEF's #1 Oz Mark
11,119 Posts
He's a really good wrestler, and I think that he should have been the one to receive a huge push after Eddie passed away, not Rey Mysterio, that was a shame.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,616 Posts
I used to think Chavo Guerrero was really underrated and deserved a push as US/I.C champion but now I just think it's better like this. I honestly don't give two shits about him anymore, and if he was to retire tommorow I wouldn't even care.

He's a good talent in the ring, ok on the mic but he's just so boring. There's nothing remotely special about him only that he's part of the Guerrero family.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Yeah Chavo is very talented in the ring but there's nothing else that really stands out about him. He'd be a solid addition to the tag division with a guy like Primo but that's about it. I wish they'd turn him face if he's going to keep doing Eddie's stuff to get pops.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Chavo Guerrero is like Dolph Ziggler. It doesn't matter how good he is in the ring, because at the end of the day, he's still Chavo Guerrero. He's as forgettable as they come.
Phssh that's nonsense, just because he hasn't been utilized since 2008 doesn't mean so. Of course a wrestler is going to look like he's forgettable when they aren't using him. Remember his feud with Eddie in 2004 and all that heel heat he was getting? Chavo has proven to be an excellent heel, his heelish demeanor and ability to make the crowd hate him was great stuff. His fun feud with CM Punk over the title was great. Why do people forget his past days and only want to remember his recent misuses as if he was ALWAYS in this boat? In fact from 2002-2008 he was never misused. Its only until now. How can a guy who's won mutilple championships be called a jobber? Does anyone know what that term actually means?

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Pffft. Nonsense. Ziggler's put on fantastic match at show after show for the last six months, something Chavo has NEVER done, even when he's had the chance in the Cruiserweight division. Ziggler's worlds better than Chavo, and the comparison is actually rather silly.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
Comparing Chavo Guerrero to Dolph Ziggler is like comparing beige paint to a bright blue.

But I agree for the most part with the OP, actually. He's a solid talent and has shown it time and time again. Chavo, though, is in a role he's quite frankly used to. It's hard being the other Guerrero.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Comparing Chavo Guerrero to Dolph Ziggler is like comparing beige paint to a bright blue.
Precisely. Ziggler stands out, even if you don't like him.

But I agree for the most part with the OP, actually. He's a solid talent and has shown it time and time again. Chavo, though, is in a role he's quite frankly used to. It's hard being the other Guerrero.
That, and Chavo's never over enough to be believable at any level much higher than where he is. He looked grossly out of place when he got that short-lived run as a US Title contender when Benoit (I think) was champion.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
His aunt is a better heel than him anyways.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Precisely. Ziggler stands out, even if you don't like him.

That, and Chavo's never over enough to be believable at any level much higher than where he is. He looked grossly out of place when he got that short-lived run as a US Title contender when Benoit (I think) was champion.
Chavo Guerrero never garnered reactions? Where were you in 2008 where he consistently got the "CHAAAVO SUCKS" chants during his fresh reign as ECW Champ. Or the feuds he's had with Mysterio, Tajiri back when the Cruiserweight division was awesome with plethora of talent. Chavo was always one of the top tier CWs seeing how only Mysterio has Guerrero beat with the most CW title reigns. Chavo kept his long feud with Mysterio since the debut of Mysterio in 2002, that accounts for something. I don't understand how you all mesaure Chavo's shortcomings based on how he's been used lately. When you compare him to alot of the midcarders of the past and today he's pretty successful. Chavo when given the chance has proved to be a great heel, he has the demeanor and mannerisms of teh crafty sly heel that he was able to portray many times.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Chavo Guerrero never garnered reactions?
First of all, I never said that he "never garnered reactions." Go back and look at my posts. You just made that part up because...I don't know why, actually. Maybe you just want to argue with yourself.

Where were you in 2008 where he consistently got the "CHAAAVO SUCKS" chants during his fresh reign as ECW Champ.
I was watching. Name one match from Chavo's forgettable reign that was anywhere near as good as Ziggler's matches with Edge, Kaval, or any of the THREE matches against Bryan. You can't, because it didn't happen.

Or the feuds he's had with Mysterio, Tajiri back when the Cruiserweight division was awesome with plethora of talent. Chavo was always one of the top tier CWs seeing how only Mysterio has Guerrero beat with the most CW title reigns.
Great. Chavo held a title that was booked to mean shit, was held by a woman, a midget, and a senior citizen, and is now retired and forgotten. Not to mention that none of Chavo's matches even from that period (his peak in WWE) measure up to the aforementioned Ziggler matches.

Chavo kept his long feud with Mysterio since the debut of Mysterio in 2002, that accounts for something.
No it doesn't mean anything. Mysterio was in the CW division when he was feuding with Chavo. He wasn't anything more. The only reason Mysterio and Chavo ever feuded after Mysterio became a main eventer in 2006 was to write Mysterio out of the script with an injury. Chavo was left in the CW division to rot.

When you compare him to alot of the midcarders of the past and today he's pretty successful. Chavo when given the chance has proved to be a great heel, he has the demeanor and mannerisms of teh crafty sly heel that he was able to portray many times.
I never said he hasn't enjoyed past successes. I said that he deserves to be where he is now, near the bottom of the deck. You still haven't provided any evidence to the contrary.

·
Banned
420 Posts
lol you guys don't care about him because he's never on tv. Chavo is a tremendous talent, and should have been pushed. But his time is up now.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts