Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the character kind of was done to death after the feud with Cena but from where the show stands at the moment a recognisable heel needs to reastablished especially if Jericho is leaving again soon and Sheamus needs putting over big time and the only person really avalible to do that at this time is Orton who is over and a draw with the casuals crowds but draws shit on TV but he is a draw atleast unlike 98% of the roster.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I know the character kind of was done to death after the feud with Cena but from where the show stands at the moment a recognisable heel needs to reastablished especially if Jericho is leaving again soon and Sheamus needs putting over big time and the only person really avalible to do that at this time is Orton who is over and a draw with the casuals crowds but draws shit on TV but he is a draw atleast unlike 98% of the roster.
Yea, an Orton heel turn is long overdue. Anyways what the hell is up with your sig? Those like your favorite four guys or something?

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Smackdown is so boring right now, its sad. I agree that someone with as much star power as Orton turning heel could do wonders.

·
Registered
8,720 Posts
Well I prefer to have the new talent and Christian there :I

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
Orton has a heel again could be good, too soon, though, I think. Also, it may be kind of tough to turn Orton heel seeing as he already attacks other faces as he pleases.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
The whole roster needs to be balanced firstly before any face or heel turns as Raw is overloaded with big names faces in John Cena, CM Punk, Triple H, The Rock when around, The Undertaker when around and The Big Show whilst only having Chris Jericho and Brock Lesnar as big name heels and they are barely around. Over on SmackDown there is only Randy Orton and Sheamus as faces but Wade Barrett, Alberto Del Rio, Bryan Danielson, Cody Rhodes, Christian and Mark Henry as heels so it is all very lop sided right now.

I do agree in theory though that Randy Orton would benefit from turning heel as he is so much better suited to that role than as a face as being a face makes his character awkward and very watered down. I said when i first came on this forum back in early 2006 that Randy Orton was the man who would be the uber heel in the mould of Triple H in the long term and all he needed to do was become a bit more sadistic in order to be that which as we saw from mid 2008 through to late 2009 he did become.

It seems as if SmackDown is basically just a breeding ground these days for younger and less established stars in order to build them up or introduce them to the fans and then to go to Raw regardless of whether they are over or ready. So if that is the plan then i would move Randy Orton back to Raw as soon as Brock Lesnar has finished his year stint as then push Randy Orton in the exact same way and with the exact same character that he had from mid 2008 through to late 2009 as WWE does need a believable uber heel and whilst his mic work isn't great he is over, believable, has star power, is a very good in ring worker and can play sadistic.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Not gonna happen. Orton is one of the faces for this company, they won't be turning him heel, just like they won't do it with Cena.

·
Registered
123 Posts
IT would be good for him but to be honest we need some main event faces for orton to turn heel. On Smackdown we just have Sheamus I guess, what else?

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
I hope Orton does turn heel. Let this feud build up and the end at Summerslam. Also, let Sheamus vs. a heel Orton close the show at Summerslam. It would be a great start to getting Smackdown and the World Heavyweight Championship back on track if you ask me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts