Wrestling Forum banner

WWE Serious About Getting Rid Of Problematic Talents

5K views 59 replies 39 participants last post by  Riddle101 
#1 ·

#22 ·
I haven't been paying attention to this, I know the kid was a minor, but was he the legal age of consent in the state? Because that makes a big difference. If the kid he went after was below the age of consent, he's pretty fucked. If he wasn't I could see him going to AEW or Impact after things calm down a bit.

#12 ·
This is a pretty easy thing for them to do, this isn't an era where talent draws money, it's not like 15-20 years ago where releasing Austin, Rock, Cena, Batista, Undertaker, Foley, etc or even midcarders like the Hardy Boyz would mean that they lose out on potential $$$. All of these guys are pretty replaceable, it's basically next man up. They can let pretty much anyone go on the roster, including most guys on top, and it wouldn't hurt them whatsoever. The only ones that could hurt them would be Taker, Edge, Orton, or Reigns, and that's mostly because if they went to AEW, it could give them name recognition and credibility.

#10 ·
That makes no sense to me, if he was getting fired wouldn't he want to keep his social media so he could update his hundreds of thousands of followers on his next career moves?

There are people still with WWE accounts that got fired several years ago just because they don't want to lose that blue check mark and their followers.

#11 ·
That makes no sense to me, if he was getting fired wouldn't he want to keep his social media so he could update his hundreds of thousands of followers on his next career moves?

There are people still with WWE accounts that got fired several years ago just because they don't want to lose that blue check mark and their followers.
True. But alot of these folks who have been accused have deleted their Twitter accounts over the past week or so. Guess we'll see what happens.

#27 ·
I really really don’t want Dream fired.

Whats weird about these allegations, not only is it apparently legal, he was also 19 himself. So even if age of consent was older, due to the proximity of ages at the time, this kind of thing is common and I don’t think 19 yr old get prosecuted for having sex with 16/17yr olds as long as it wasn’t forced.

so I assume if the company fires him, there is a bigger allegation that will justify it. Whatever it is, hopefully they can just suspend him and demote him for a while. He’s still so young to just get rid of.

#60 ·
Problematic by what standards exactly? People with bad attitudes behind the scenes? People who are opinionated and are viewed as difficult by management? People who have a shady background like the sexual assault allegations? There's all sorts of ways you could look at it really. The term problematic is kind've vague.

#13 ·
Dream is gonna be gone and scary thing is, he might have done something else, even worse

Reactions: jpickens
#38 ·
I hope Vince finally releases Jeffree Star....oh wait.

I never got the hype around Velveteen Dream, i just never got him. There was always something off about him, something i just didn't like and i wasn't sure why. If he get's released i'll not miss him at all.

Reactions: jpickens
#59 ·
It's sad that a lot of people are being released but if the problems they committed victimized other people then I do think they deserve the boot.

Reactions: The Wood
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.