Wrestling Forum banner

WWE send out Press Release promoting Rock/Cena/Miz "face off" on Monday

2962 Views 30 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  nickglovermusic
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ace-off-live-on-wwe-raw-monday-march-28/86781

via press release:

THE ROCK®, JOHN CENA® AND THE MIZ® TO FACE OFF LIVE ON RAW® NEXT MONDAY ON USA AT 9/8c

Final Raw Prior to WrestleMania® XXVII

STAMFORD, Conn., March 23, 2011 – After their war of words, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson will finally confront WWE Superstar John Cena® and WWE Champion The Miz®, live in person, March 28th on Monday Night Raw at 9/8c on USA Network. The verbal sparring was ignited when The Rock triumphantly returned to WWE last month. The fireworks will emanate live from the Allstate Arena in Chicago, IL.

The Rock will be The World’s Most Electrifying Host in Entertainment at WrestleMania XXVII on Sunday, April 3rd at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, live on pay-per-view. The Rock is expected to lay the SmackDown® on all the pomp and festivities that make WrestleMania the world’s greatest, annual pop culture extravaganza.

For all the latest updates, ‘Like’ The Rock at www.facebook.com/DwayneJohnson or follow him at www.twitter.com/TheRock.

WrestleMania XXVII will be broadcast in more than 100 countries around the world. Check with your local cable operator or satellite provider to order the pay-per-view on Sunday, April 3rd. For more information on WrestleMania and WrestleMania events, please visit www.wrestlemania.com.
That should be interesting, however I have a feeling it'll end up with Rock and Miz coming to blows, with Rock and Cena face-to-face to end the show.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Banned
4,476 Posts

At least it's different from all the other posts. :p

· Banned
4,476 Posts
I would assume guys like Cena, Orton, Punk, etc. sold their names to WWE. Guys like Danielson and Killings, however, did not.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
If you go to Raw next week..do the right thing for your country and your soul..scream that legendary name "ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY"..do what everyone out here on the westcoast would LOVE to do if we were there.

· Registered
3,309 Posts
I would assume guys like Cena, Orton, Punk, etc. sold their names to WWE. Guys like Danielson and Killings, however, did not.
Is that legal? Isn't that why Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy were allowed to use their real names?

nexus one needs to relaxxx. he sucks the rock all day

· Follower of Lockeism
13,499 Posts
I am rather looking forwrd to this one. I'm pretty sick of all the damn 'responses' we've been getting so it'll be cool to see this 'war of words' come to a head the RAW before Wrestlemania at least. I expect Rock/Cena to somehow take Miz out of the equation and end their confrontation was a stare down or something. Rock to be named as 'special ring enforcer' or soemthing to that nature, at Wrestlemania to make things a little more interesting.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Is that legal? Isn't that why Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy were allowed to use their real names?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they sold the rights to their names to WWE.

· Banned
2,231 Posts
What I would like to see is if Cena disrespects The Rock, BIG TIME, then come Wrestlemania, Cena about to win, ref knocked out, Rock comes in, rock bottom, peoples elbow, miz retains :)

Oh and Cena is probably going to get booed out of the arena on raw before wrestlemania, at wrestlemania, and the raw after wrestlemania

· Registered
358 Posts
What I would like to see is if Cena disrespects The Rock, BIG TIME, then come Wrestlemania, Cena about to win, ref knocked out, Rock comes in, rock bottom, peoples elbow, miz retains :)

Oh and Cena is probably going to get booed out of the arena on raw before wrestlemania, at wrestlemania, and the raw after wrestlemania
If this happens then it'd need to be a double turn with Cena turning heel and Miz turning face. Crowds won't boo The Rock.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
Past Present And Future
That's precisely the subtext of this entire angle.

I am rather looking forwrd to this one. I'm pretty sick of all the damn 'responses' we've been getting so it'll be cool to see this 'war of words' come to a head the RAW before Wrestlemania at least. I expect Rock/Cena to somehow take Miz out of the equation and end their confrontation was a stare down or something. Rock to be named as 'special ring enforcer' or soemthing to that nature, at Wrestlemania to make things a little more interesting.
Rock and Cena taking Miz out would be a horrible move, particularly if Miz is to lose at Wrestlemania. Confirms that going into Wrestlemania the WWE Champion truly is the afterthought after all.

If anything, they should have it appear that Rock has almost sided with Miz by default because Cena's war of words with Rock dates back for a long, long time now. Would add a layer of intrigue to Wrestlemania, seeing as it's fairly obvious that the Granddaddy of Them All will end with Rock raising Cena's hand over a fallen Miz.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,499 Posts
Rock and Cena taking Miz out would be a horrible move, particularly if Miz is to lose at Wrestlemania. Confirms that going into Wrestlemania the WWE Champion truly is the afterthought after all.
Is that not basically confirmed anyways? The whole feud has been 'Cena responds to Rock', 'Rock repsonds to Cena', 'Cena responds to The Rock...again', 'Rock responds to Cena...again' with a few Miz attacks thrown in between for added effect. The whole hype for next week is due to Cena and Rock finally being in the ring at the same time, Miz IS an afterthought. People WANT to see Rock vs. Cena, not Miz/Rock/Cena. Miz is an afterthought in this build.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.