Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 147 Posts

·
FOTC
10,333 Posts
The best thing for Asuka and Kairi is for them to start working on SD. The ideal scenario would be this: Asuka and Kairi defend the tag titles at Elimination Chamber versus Sasha and Bayley. Sasha makes a mistake which leads to Bayley tapping out to Asuka. This leads to a falling out between Sasha and Bayley. It's a way to set up their WM match for the title. The Kabuki Warriors go on to defend the tag titles in a multi-way match at NXT Tampa.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Her time will come and I still think he will headline a wrestlemania and will be a grandslam champion in no time

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I'm not sure @reamstyles ,the talent which more fresher will keep coming and as you know,the women have expiration date unless they have good "backup" , either they end up like Trish or Lita level or stuck longer like Tamina(fans forget that he or she is still exists)

·
Asuka
96,466 Posts
She'll do a tag match against Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross on the Kickoff or be in the Battle Royal this year. It's not the end of the world. Everyone gets a turn in modern WWE. She'll get hers again.
"Again".....

And real stars are never, ever on the kickoff.

And if you want to a reason to smile in the meantime, Asuka is in the position she's in right now because the company knows how good she is.
Yes, she's in the position of a Kickoff show/battle royal worker for the second straight year because "the company knows how good she is".

Geez. I wish they thought she was a pile of fucking dog shit so she could get a real push.

Fans like you just never learn.

·
Fearless University Graduate
14,977 Posts
Asuka is just female Miz, continually trotted out in high profile programs but buried in every single one of them. Despite that she still outworks everyone around her, which is aprt of why she gets buried so much. The McMahons hate people who put in effort.

It's also clearly not going to work in getting her over the way some people think she would.

Like I've said on another thread you have to at the very least be able to work a mic to a decent level to be a star. She clearly can not due to her lack of English.
Its 2020 not 2000 mate. Most Wrestling fans hate Wrestlers that can actually cut a promo, I mean look at how over Rollins is despite the fact he has the promo skills of a turd that just wont flush away.

Asuka isn't a great promo in English but her screaming Japanese is a better promo than 99% of these failed gymnasts that are killing Pro Wrestling today.

·
Registered
23 Posts
“WWE screwed Asuka”

Fucking hell. Behave. It’s no wonder the company has such contempt for their fans.

Asuka was in a title program with one of the biggest stars in the company and took her to her limit. It was a good story and now Becky is moving on to bigger things for Mania season, as she should. Asuka is a tag champion and will continue her work with Kairi. This isn’t anything like when she was getting embarrassed by Elsworth a couple of years back. It’s clear WWE values Asuka massively, but people just can’t over the fact that she isn’t being pushed exactly like she’s was in NXT. She was never gonna get that booking on the main roster and that’s fine.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
How, in two thousand and fucking twenty, haven't people learnt yet.

WWE don't give a fuck, and people still defend their asinine decision making. Their "we don't give a fuck about what the fans want" attitude they've had since buying WCW in 2001 is why wrestling is dead.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Asuka is just female Miz, continually trotted out in high profile programs but buried in every single one of them. Despite that she still outworks everyone around her, which is aprt of why she gets buried so much. The McMahons hate people who put in effort.

Its 2020 not 2000 mate. Most Wrestling fans hate Wrestlers that can actually cut a promo, I mean look at how over Rollins is despite the fact he has the promo skills of a turd that just wont flush away.

Asuka isn't a great promo in English but her screaming Japanese is a better promo than 99% of these failed gymnasts that are killing Pro Wrestling today.
Exactly it's 2020 and you know what makes you stand out now...talking.
Just about everyone can do flips these days and is a good wrestler, but the ones that stand out are the talkers.

As much as I'm not a fan of Rollins he can get heat on the mic as a heel easily.

·
Asuka
96,466 Posts
“WWE screwed Asuka”

Fucking hell. Behave. It’s no wonder the company has such contempt for their fans.

Asuka was in a title program with one of the biggest stars in the company and took her to her limit. It was a good story and now Becky is moving on to bigger things for Mania season, as she should. Asuka is a tag champion and will continue her work with Kairi. This isn’t anything like when she was getting embarrassed by Elsworth a couple of years back.
Nobody cares about "taking her to the limit". Who the fuck thinks that means anything? She didn't WIN. Winners and losers are all that count. If you lose, you're a fucking geek.

Being a tag champion is no higher an achievement than losing to Ellsworth. Tag titles aren't real titles.

It’s clear WWE values Asuka massively, but people just can’t over the fact that she isn’t being pushed exactly like she’s was in NXT. She was never gonna get that booking on the main roster and that’s fine.
Apparently it's not clear because NOBODY believes that load of shit. Clear means nobody is arguing it.

"WWE values Brock Lesnar massively"

That is a CLEAR statement. It's inarguable, nobody disputes it. Asuka has had 3 years on the main roster with zero runs with the A title. That is not being valued "massively". It's not even being valued moderately. Asuka is valued less than Sasha Banks is.

NXT booking? To hell with NXT booking, she can't even get a single Raw womens title win. They value her "massively"? She never gets booked on the big PPV's, she never wins any important matches, and she never holds any titles that count.

·
14,977 Posts
Exactly it's 2020 and you know what makes you stand out now...talking.
Just about everyone can do flips these days and is a good wrestler, but the ones that stand out are the talkers.

As much as I'm not a fan of Rollins he can get heat on the mic as a heel easily.
I agree with that first point, even Daniel Bryan was at his most popular in recent years when he was doing quality promo and character work as a heel last year. Still, most fans have a contempt for those talents, even when they turn around and mark out for a guy like DB excelling at it. But look at the landscape thesedays, 99% failed gymnasts with no mic skills or personality yet people mark out for these untalented buffons.

Rollins gets heat because people are trained to react to him. If he wasnt forced down our throats since day one no one would react to that untalented shit stain.

“WWE screwed Asuka”

Asuka was in a title program with one of the biggest stars in the company and took her to her limit. It was a good story and now Becky is moving on to bigger things for Mania season, as she should. Asuka is a tag champion and will continue her work with Kairi. This isn’t anything like when she was getting embarrassed by Elsworth a couple of years back. It’s clear WWE values Asuka massively, but people just can’t over the fact that she isn’t being pushed exactly like she’s was in NXT. She was never gonna get that booking on the main roster and that’s fine.
But thats WWE. Asuka has been an aimless jobber for years, being in a Title program with Becky but losing every match isn't a rub, its jsut a further statement that Asuka is a geek and the McMahons wont push her.

If you're not a World Champion in WWE or one of the other chosen ones they dont give a shit about you. Its why we see Becky Lynch run through everyone and destroy the division. Or see Seth Rollins FAIL as the top Babyface only to be rewarded by being turned into the top Heel. Meanwhile the likes of Asuka, Miz, Rusev, etc are just continually buried and treated like absolute jokes.

If WWE have contempt for their fans now, its because they've had contempt for us for the last 2 decades. The WWE ignores their own fans and chooses who is allowed to be successful. The majority of Main Eventers are people hand picked by the McMahons to succeed while anyone who gets organically over and actually shows any passion for Pro Wrestling is 99% of the time jobbed into oblivion for daring to expose how untalented and lazy the McMahons pets are.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cry cry cry. @Kratosx23 you’re an Asuka fanboy so there’s no reasoning with you. Asuka’s great, one of the best in the world. But being a great worker isn’t the be all end all. Not everyone can win all the time and nor should they. Some people can’t get their head round that. Losing a match to the champ doesn’t make you a fucking geek. I doubt Asuka could give a shit about losing a fake fight over a fake title. She’s happy and probably a WWE lifer. She’s over and gets mic and tv time every week. Cry me a river.

Becky’s the star they’re pushing. She meets @Eva MaRIHyse ridiculous smark criteria for a deserving push by “getting over organically” and “showing passion for pro wrestling “ (lol). And yet you’re still all crying that she’s wining and being pushed. Theres no winning with you lot. People whine about there being no stars and as soon as somebody is pushed like one people whine even more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Also Asuka is forty years old and doesn’t speak great English. Having good matches to get over the stars is a reasonable role for her.

·
Asuka
96,466 Posts
Cry cry cry. @Kratosx23 you’re an Asuka fanboy so there’s no reasoning with you. Asuka’s great, one of the best in the world. But being a great worker isn’t the be all end all.
I know it isn't. I don't give a fuck about her workrate at all, I like her because of her charisma.

Not everyone can win all the time and nor should they. Some people can’t get their head round that.
Yeah, not everyone, just the ones who are white...

Losing a match to the champ doesn’t make you a fucking geek.
She didn't lose one, she lost two. This is also not a situation of losing just one, or two matches to Becky, or even 10. It's a pattern of complete burials that span years. It also guarantees that she'll have no role of any importance at WrestleMania. Again. Shocker.

I doubt Asuka could give a shit about losing a fake fight over a fake title.
You don't have to give a shit about being mistreated to be mistreated. Mistreatment is mistreatment whether it's recognized or not. I don't particularly give one iota of a shit whether or not Asuka believes she's worthy of a bigger push, it makes no difference.

Also, have you ever heard of "backstage politics"? I'm guessing not, since you don't seem very informed. These wrestlers very much DO care about winning and losing fake fights over fake titles. They stab each other in the back over them all the time. Asuka's favourite wrestler, Triple H was the king of it.

She’s happy
You don't know that. Hell, a few months ago on her YouTube channel, she liked a comment that someone made burying the company.

and probably a WWE lifer.
Yeah, because they're the company that will pay her the most. That doesn't mean anything. Also, anybody that uses their head for 2 seconds can see that she isn't going to be on tv much anymore now that she's not feuding with that flop of a champion. She's now a tag wrestler exclusively, and tag wrestling doesn't get a lot of air time, especially with Becky and Charlotte in separate programs.
She’s over and gets mic and tv time every week. Cry me a river.
Overness, mic time and tv time mean nothing. This is about accomplishments.

·
Registered
23 Posts
‘Burial’.

Yep, you’re irrational, emotional fanboy that can’t see the wood for the trees. Grow up.

·
Southern Pride
2,804 Posts
Look, here are the facts about Asuka.

-She was the Smackdown Champion around a year ago.
-Shes had competitive matches with Becky, Charlotte and others and have even beaten them.
-Shes part of the current tag team Champions that WWE has used to build up those belts.
-Shes won big matches, Battle Royal and Royal Rumble included.
-Whatever else that i'm forgetting.

I get the mindset of wanting to see your favorite win the top prize in the company and get a huge push. Everyone wants their favorites to get a super push. However, Asuka has still had it better than most of the Womens Division.

Fans of Alexa Bliss, Carmella, Kairi Sane, Sasha Banks, IIconics, etc. I can understand being in an uproar over their use, but Asuka? Nah. Oh, before anyone says "but those women suck in the ring compared to Asuka", that is your opinion and it's no different from the fans of those women because they feel as if their favorite is the best.

Losing in a competitive match is NOT a burial. Asuka and burial is not a thing, in match and career. She won a triple threat match to become the Smackdown Champion, she got the upper hand of the two top women in the company the majority of the time with the green mist during their feud, among other things. They have tried to at least make it seem like she can hang in with the 4 Horsewomen. Most of the women haven't been used that way.

Becky had to pull off a totally different move out of her ass in order to beat Asuka this past week because everything that she tried vs. Asuka wasn't working. Asuka countered and kicked out of everything else.

I feel like there are only few on this forum that reasonably think things through and that doesn't post on their emotions. It's not a horrible thing to not be the Womens Champion. IMO it actually benefits Asuka because I seriously doubt that there would be this much interest in her still if she was in Beckys spot..because people cheer for what they feel are underdogs.

Stop being so miserably and bitterly obsessed over this. It's not healthy or reasonable.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
If I talking about the screw part,I won't say about the property champion, I'm gonna say how main roster know how to ruin or rain her parade.
  • First Royal Rumble edition was supposedly treat as big deal where the winner will be treated like big deal but it was just the place to introduce Ronda and no one will ever remember Asuka win on that night because the focus on Ronda, they could do it at regular show or next PPV to give her more minutes.
  • First edition of women's TLC, she win but once again, no one will ever see it as big deal, since it's more like bridge for Charlotte and Becky for next plan due the interference from Ronda. Asuka win her first title? Sure,hey but she still need someone's help to win it.
  • The last one happened in last December,I know Kairi was injury in the middle of match but they not let Asuka close the show to celebrate her victory,at least Asuka climb down from the ladder then carry Kairi and raise the title together.
I'm not too care with how or why she need win the prop championship but sometimes WWE need treat their superstar fairly.

Wow,I did notice there's someone who made new account in less 24 hours to trash in.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I agree with that first point, even Daniel Bryan was at his most popular in recent years when he was doing quality promo and character work as a heel last year. Still, most fans have a contempt for those talents, even when they turn around and mark out for a guy like DB excelling at it. But look at the landscape thesedays, 99% failed gymnasts with no mic skills or personality yet people mark out for these untalented buffons.

Rollins gets heat because people are trained to react to him. If he wasnt forced down our throats since day one no one would react to that untalented shit stain.

But thats WWE. Asuka has been an aimless jobber for years, being in a Title program with Becky but losing every match isn't a rub, its jsut a further statement that Asuka is a geek and the McMahons wont push her.

If you're not a World Champion in WWE or one of the other chosen ones they dont give a shit about you. Its why we see Becky Lynch run through everyone and destroy the division. Or see Seth Rollins FAIL as the top Babyface only to be rewarded by being turned into the top Heel. Meanwhile the likes of Asuka, Miz, Rusev, etc are just continually buried and treated like absolute jokes.

If WWE have contempt for their fans now, its because they've had contempt for us for the last 2 decades. The WWE ignores their own fans and chooses who is allowed to be successful. The majority of Main Eventers are people hand picked by the McMahons to succeed while anyone who gets organically over and actually shows any passion for Pro Wrestling is 99% of the time jobbed into oblivion for daring to expose how untalented and lazy the McMahons pets are.
I don’t understand this post. Becky got organically over massively and she’s still massively over with the audience so what has Wwe done wrong. If wwe didn’t care about its fans 1. Becky wouldn’t have main evented last year, 2. Kofi wouldn’t have won the wwe title and 3 Seth wouldn’t have beaten Brock. It’s clear wwe backed the fan favorites. Asuka is great but she’s not as over as Becky and Becky is one of their biggest stars. You can’t expect the company’s biggest stars to lose right before mania.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I don’t understand this post, feels like a fanboy post not a logically one. Was the OP expecting one of wwe’s top stars and the top and most over woman in the company to lose her title right before mania?

·
14,977 Posts
I don’t understand this post. Becky got organically over massively and she’s still massively over with the audience so what has Wwe done wrong. If wwe didn’t care about its fans 1. Becky wouldn’t have main evented last year, 2. Kofi wouldn’t have won the wwe title and 3 Seth wouldn’t have beaten Brock. It’s clear wwe backed the fan favorites. Asuka is great but she’s not as over as Becky and Becky is one of their biggest stars. You can’t expect the company’s biggest stars to lose right before mania.
Lets not pretend Beckys push doesn't have anything to do with the McMahons wanting to look good and progressive. Without Ronda Rousey around Becky wouldn't have been the Main Event as well.

Kofi went on to win the Title yeah, when there was literally no other option for that match and once he lost it he went straight back to the midcard.

Rollins is a chosen one, the fans like him because he's got that Indy cred but he's a McMahon stooge.

Now Becky did get organically over and and has remained over but shes also become everything that's shit about the WWE. She can never look bad, never puts anyone over, she's just another unbearable superhero babyface that kills all credibility of everyone she feuds with.

81 - 100 of 147 Posts