Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
\m/
22,620 Posts
Asuka was neither screwed nor buried, she lost to the top person in the company in very competitive matches and was setup quite well during the build. Asuka herself seemed to be having a good time during the match and also looked quite excited during her interaction with Becky in the segment where they setup the rematch. I don't think Asuka herself feels like she was screwed but rather seemed to enjoy quite a bit getting to work with Becky (as did Kairi).

You know who is someone that legit got screwed? Kofi when he lost the title to Lesnar in 8 seconds. That was an incredibly poor way to end his title reign and I say this as someone who was not really into the whole KofiMania thing.

·
Southern Pride
2,797 Posts
If the Raw loss was some 5 minute squash I'd agree it was all unfair on her etc etc etc. But it wasn't, it was an extremely competitive match that was back and forth. Only the Rock Bottom (which I loved and I hope Becky does more) really clinched it for Becky.

I love Asuka and she's my number one, but having a competitive match with the champ and losing clean, especially when you're a heel, is not a burial or anything like that.
You do make a valid point. I was listening to someone on a podcast make the same points recently and that thinking made me change my mind on it. Originally I felt bad for Asuka for losing clean to Becky again but she did go toe to toe with Becky.

We as fans become so obsessed over our favorites that we often lose sight of the accomplishments that they have already made. That goes with Asuka too. This mentality that Asuka has been treated like dirt is silly when shes gotten more opportunities during her career than a large chunk of the Womens Division. We expect too much sometimes.

I'm not saying that Asuka has always been treated well. Having Charlotte take the Smackdown belt from her last year right before Mania was a bad call and i'm a Charlotte fan. Asuka been treated a whole lot better than the majority of the Division though. It's all about having reasonable perspective.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The very definition of buried is Sarah Logan and Sonya Devill. A local jobber could have taken Sarah's place
wtf u talkin bout,they're two of the most protected women in wwe

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
I don't think she's screwed in any way. She's the third, or fourth most featured women in the whole division. That's not too bad for someone who can't speak english.

Go watch Kaientai in the attitude era if you want to sea talented asian wrestlers getting screwed.
Women have mainevented six ppvs above the men in WWE history. Asukas been mainevent of three of those and won them all

·
Asuka
96,462 Posts
Asuka was neither screwed nor buried, she lost to the top person in the company in very competitive matches and was setup quite well during the build. Asuka herself seemed to be having a good time during the match and also looked quite excited during her interaction with Becky in the segment where they setup the rematch. I don't think Asuka herself feels like she was screwed but rather seemed to enjoy quite a bit getting to work with Becky (as did Kairi).

You know who is someone that legit got screwed? Kofi when he lost the title to Lesnar in 8 seconds. That was an incredibly poor way to end his title reign and I say this as someone who was not really into the whole KofiMania thing.
Kofi got a real, genuine run with a top tier belt, with consistent tv time and plenty of wins, and a massive win at WrestleMania. Asuka has never in her fucking life gotten anything resembling a QUARTER of that. Kofis career dwarfs Asukas in relevance.

I'd rather lose to Brock, a guy who's fucking unbeatable and dominates everyone, in 8 seconds than tap out to Becky whos biggest win of all time is a fluke reverse pin, and then a week later job to her by getting beat with a move that isn't even her fucking finisher just to drive the point home how worthless I am. At least Kofi only had to do it once. And I'd certainly rather lose to Brock in 8 seconds than lose the title 2 weeks before WrestleMania and not make the show, for fucks sake.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Who cares? Send her to Main Event with Kairi once they drop the Tag Team Titles.
Why? She's one of the best wrestlers they have on the entire roster. She deserves her spot as one of the top women. If anything, I'd say she's a bit undervalued.

The Becky feud definitely didn't screw her though, her and Kairi went from doing nothing to beating Becky and Charlotte in the main event of a PPV, this feud elevated them, especially Asuka.

·
FOTC
10,327 Posts
One of they key aspects of being the top face is to have your opponents better off even after you beat them. Hulk did that with Bundy, Andre, Mr. Wonderful, and even Savage after WM 5. Cena did that with Edge, Orton, Umaga and Jericho. Heels just don't benefit at all from working with Becky. Everyone that worked with her during her run has been worse off. She's worked with Charlotte, Lacey, Nattie, Sasha and now Asuka.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Kofi got a real, genuine run with a top tier belt, with consistent tv time and plenty of wins, and a massive win at WrestleMania. Asuka has never in her fucking life gotten anything resembling a QUARTER of that. Kofis career dwarfs Asukas in relevance.

I'd rather lose to Brock, a guy who's fucking unbeatable and dominates everyone, in 8 seconds than tap out to Becky whos biggest win of all time is a fluke reverse pin, and then a week later job to her by getting beat with a move that isn't even her fucking finisher just to drive the point home how worthless I am. At least Kofi only had to do it once. And I'd certainly rather lose to Brock in 8 seconds than lose the title 2 weeks before WrestleMania and not make the show, for fucks sake.
Come on be honest, if that happened to Asuka, getting beaten by Charlotte in 10 seconds after being a WM champ you would explode in anger all over this forum. If Asuka had won the title at WM clean as whistle you would've found something wrong with that too.

·
Asuka
96,462 Posts
Why? She's one of the best wrestlers they have on the entire roster. She deserves her spot as one of the top women. If anything, I'd say she's a bit undervalued.
A BIT? :cautious:

The Becky feud definitely didn't screw her though, her and Kairi went from doing nothing to beating Becky and Charlotte in the main event of a PPV, this feud elevated them, especially Asuka.
Give me a fucking break. Her position in the company is no better now than it was the second she waked in the fucking door. She's not in any position to ever win a womens title again. She couldn't even kick out of a move that isn't a finisher. That's elevation to you? We'll see how elevated she is when she's not on the WrestleMania card. Again.

Come on be honest, if that happened to Asuka, getting beaten by Charlotte in 10 seconds after being a WM champ you would explode in anger all over this forum.
And it still would've been better than what she got.

If Asuka had won the title at WM clean as whistle you would've found something wrong with that too.

Wrong.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Come on Kratos, see the sunny side of life mate.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Isn't she a fucking champion and wasn't she booked to be the biggest threat to Becky's belt for their latest stadium show? Yep, they're really screwing with her.

Not everybody is going to be #1 all the time. It's not possible. The plan for Mania is Becky vs. Shayna. That's because Becky has been the star they have been trying to ride, and Shayna is the most interesting match they can do with her. There's no place for Asuka in that program, other than being a carpenter to help make Becky look good in the build.

She'll do a tag match against Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross on the Kickoff or be in the Battle Royal this year. It's not the end of the world. Everyone gets a turn in modern WWE. She'll get hers again. And if you want to a reason to smile in the meantime, Asuka is in the position she's in right now because the company knows how good she is.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts