Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
IRAN #1
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It almost felt like they were writing her off TV with that loss, they probably were..

They should've went with the triple threat at Mania. Nobody wants to see a wannabe Stone Cold against the vampire Shayna Bazler.

·
Asuka
96,473 Posts
What, are you fucking surprised? They have more interest in screwing Asuka than they have in their Saudi Arabian blood money. Vince will never pass on an opportunity to make her look bad.

Her days as an even semi competitive main eventer, if you can ever say she was one, which she wasn't, are over. That's what this was about. They had to have Becky beat her just to hammer home to the audience "do not take this woman seriously". That's all the match was about, it was the entire point. It wasn't about Becky, it was about fans losing faith in Asuka.....as if they haven't lost enough with her being treated like the Heath Slater of the womens division for the last 3 years.

·
Banned
47 Posts
As a gay wrestling fan I’ve always liked her. Her colours I feel symbolise the LBGTQ+ movement. Vince would be wise to utilise this and bring in more LBGTQ+ fans and storylines.
ive always thought the following superstars could come out as gay/bi/trans
Drew
Brock
Shorty G
Asuka
Mandy Rose
Alexa
Otis
Michael Cole

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is she really that good though? She's nothing out of the ordinary in the ring, has zero mic skills & doesn't really have a character at all. Being 'over' in NXT where the fans get behind just about every single wrestler that wins a match is not actually over.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Is she really that good though? She's nothing out of the ordinary in the ring, has zero mic skills & doesn't really have a character at all. Being 'over' in NXT where the fans get behind just about every single wrestler that wins a match is not actually over.
Asuka is one of the most technically gifted wrestlers in the company, she was having great matches in NXT and was doing great on Smackdown. Your post reads like a person who didn't watch her until she got put on RAW. As for the match they clearly were just having a do-over because their Rumble match was so basic, they literally could've put anyone in the ring against Becky for the angle that happened last night.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Asuka is one of the most technically gifted wrestlers in the company, she was having great matches in NXT and was doing great on Smackdown. Your post reads like a person who didn't watch her until she got put on RAW. As for the match they clearly were just having a do-over because their Rumble match was so basic, they literally could've put anyone in the ring against Becky for the angle that happened last night.
Mate, I watched her in NXT and wasn't impressed then either. She has legit not shown me anything to suggest she would be a successful WWE superstar, not to mention NXT's current crop of women are so much more advanced as overall performers than what Asuka is.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Mate, I watched her in NXT and wasn't impressed then either. She has legit not shown me anything to suggest she would be a successful WWE superstar, not to mention NXT's current crop of women are so much more advanced as overall performers than what Asuka is.
It means her style, character, mannerisms and how she wrestle is not for you.

·
HEADBANGA
21,720 Posts
She carried the Raw women's division for 4 months feuding with Charlotte and Becky. She was given a huge platform and delivered every week she was on TV. She wasn't screwed, she just played the role she was meant to play.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It means her style, character, mannerisms and how she wrestle is not for you.
It's also clearly not going to work in getting her over the way some people think she would.

Like I've said on another thread you have to at the very least be able to work a mic to a decent level to be a star. She clearly can not due to her lack of English.

·
HEADBANGA
21,720 Posts
It's also clearly not going to work in getting her over the way some people think she would.

Like I've said on another thread you have to at the very least be able to work a mic to a decent level to be a star. She clearly can not due to her lack of English.
Getting her over? She is over! WWE has done a great job of using Auska and she deserves credit in getting herself over through her physical charisma and superior in-ring talent.

·
Southern Pride
2,817 Posts
Having Asuka lose to Becky again last night was completely pointless (please don't say "there was a point, Vince to bury her" because I don't believe in that conspiracy nonsense).

I'm not a huge Asuka fan (mostly because some fans unreasonably over rate her a lot. A LOT.) but I do see her talent. Last night she showed how great she is while on the mat, Becky and her trying to go for submissions over and over. It was very well done.

Shayna should have ran out there before Becky slammed Asuka down on to the mat and pinned her.

I get their thinking, "Asuka is still a tag team Champion, she can take another singles loss" but shes still mostly known for being a strong singles wrestler.

She wont be written off TV. They will probably have the Kabuki Warriors face other tag teams somehow. That division is in a weird situation right now.

·
Premium Member
16,597 Posts
I know it's like clockwork. Whoever loses a title match gets a thtead made about them that they're being wasted. But, how? Becky is more over. That's a wrap. Everyone can't win a title. They needed someone to make Becky look great going into Mania and Asuka was a perfect wrestler considering their rumble match last year.

As a gay wrestling fan I’ve always liked her. Her colours I feel symbolise the LBGTQ+ movement. Vince would be wise to utilise this and bring in more LBGTQ+ fans and storylines.
Drew
Brock
Shorty G
Asuka
Mandy Rose
Alexa
Otis
Michael Cole
I like Asuka, too. Great colors. But, those wrestlers are not gay. Why would they come out as gay?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Drew
Brock
Shorty G
Asuka
Mandy Rose
Alexa
Otis
Michael Cole
Trans Brock would be comedy gold. Having him kicking the shit out of all the women while “identifying” as a woman, with Heyman laughing in the background. The media would probably laud him as a hero haha

This thread is why nobody takes the IWC seriously. Asuka clearly isn’t buried. She lost to the top woman in 2 competitive matches after dominating the feud. Stop acting like she’s Sarah Logan. The second match was a bit unnecessary I suppose, but they wanted to give Becky a credible W before the Shayna thing, I get it.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts

And why the management keep giving her a mic time? And why audiences cheer over her when she and Kairi interrupted Charlotte after the Rumble?

She make everything work in 8 days since Becky defeated her at Rumble, followed by her match against Charlotte and against Nattie. I'm not defending her even I'm her fans but it's not subjective opinion and just like I said, everyone have their own taste and appeal.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Trans Brock would be comedy gold. Having him kicking the shit out of all the women while “identifying” as a woman, with Heyman laughing in the background. The media would probably laud him as a hero haha

This thread is why nobody takes the IWC seriously. Asuka clearly isn’t buried. She lost to the top woman in 2 competitive matches after dominating the feud. Stop acting like she’s Sarah Logan. The second match was a bit unnecessary I suppose, but they wanted to give Becky a credible W before the Shayna thing, I get it.
The second match was completely unnecessary, as was her losing clean as a whistle. I guess she should be grateful at least for not tapping again, n’est-ce pas?

1 - 20 of 148 Posts