Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
God damn. People are still complaining about this? I don't really give a damn about the rule since it's only enforced on SMS. It becomes a problem if the rule spreads to Smackdown or Raw.
Exactly! People just feel the need to bitch about everything. WWE has clearly stated this is for little KIDS. Thats the target audience. If you don't like it, don't watch it. RAW and Smackdown won't be affected by this because WWE knows adults watch RAW and Smackdown. They don't give a flying fuck if adults watch Saturday Morning Slam. Its not for adults!

·
Registered
988 Posts
I liked it, not anything to serious or anything, not anything to complain about, just a fun little Saturday Morning wrestling show.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Oh yes thats it it was Livewire, just found the old intro on youtube.
Too bad SMS can't be like this.
I agree, a phone in show wouldn't be a bad ideal, every week they could have a different wrestler answer some questions from the fans, shows recaps of Raw and Smackdown and do some little things that kids would like, could be a good little hit for them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
So that's how a Velocity audience would look with green lighting...

I thought the show was OK all things considered. I didn't think Mathews and Santino had any chemistry on commentary while the Kofi vs Slater match had a ton of arm drags. Watching wrestlers avoid neck moves for this show will be hilarious. Also, the amount of blurring was odd especially the ring apron on the commentary side.

Side note, Power Rangers Lost Galaxy is still awesome.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,047 Posts
I agree, a phone in show wouldn't be a bad ideal, every week they could have a different wrestler answer some questions from the fans, shows recaps of Raw and Smackdown and do some little things that kids would like, could be a good little hit for them.
Yeah, that would be alot better what SMS is. It would be a cool way to recap both shows and do a few different things, show interviews, backstage stuff etc.

·
Premium Member
17,090 Posts
So if this show fails, does anyone have any hope that maybe WWE will reconsider marketing towards kids?

·
Registered
833 Posts
livewire with cole in late 90s was great, for those who watched wcw or were switching back and fourth this was a chance to catch stuff we missed

even in 99 when wcw went to crap and i watched all raw/smackdown i would still watch livewire because wrestling was great

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Livewire wasn't on a KIDS' network block; it wouldn't work on the CW on a Saturday morning; maybe on USA yeah.

I'd do a review on this but my antenna wouldn't pick up the CW here in Jersey. But even if it did I doubt I would continue to watch.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
It's clearly a kids show and it's CLEARLY on the kids BLOCK. I don't see the need to complain.

·
Registered
833 Posts
ratings will bomb, this crap will not be around for long, there are only a very small amount of children that would attempt to watch this, and with todays short attention span kids no way they would watch a armhold match for 20 min

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I don't plan to watch it. I'm not a kid. If they want to cater to children so aggressively as avoiding neck moves and cutting to shots of the kids in the crowd every minute, that's entirely up to them. I'm not going to let it bother me, I only watch Raw, skip through Smackdown to see what's going on and occasionally enjoy a bit of NXT.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts