Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
The Ghost of WF
Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the realm of the dead.
20,243 Posts
Dream match Lesnar/Lashley and a mostly spoiled Women's RR it's a bit of a 50/50 situation to say it's a good card.

·
The House of Black Always Wins.
18,068 Posts
Lesnar/Lashley looks great.

Rollins vs Reigns I don't care at all for, especially seeing as Rollins may be winning the title which blows.

Becky deserves better than Doudrop.

The mixed tag looks okay I guess.

The women's rumble is filled with 40+ year old retired women and the men's rumble just feels like they're going through the motions. No one is credible enough right now to win it except for AJ.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Great card. The show is in a stadium so it had to be. Reigns vs Rollins and Lashley vs Lesnar should be fantastic. I really hope Big E doesn't win the Rumble.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Reigns vs Rollins is going to be incredible no matter what. Lesnar vs Lashley is going to be a slugfest and I am totally here for it.

Hoping for my dark horse pick of Austin Theory for the Rumble winner.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
It's interesting. Sometimes the long Rumble matches wear the crowd out, and they don't much respond to the singles matches in between. And this year, we've got three title matches where we don't have a clear face/heel dynamic in place. Rollins and Reigns are both heels, as are Becky and Doudrop. In theory, Lesnar may be a face, and Lashley a heel, but it seemed like Lashley had been trending towards babyface recently, and Lesnar acted like a smug, dismissive jerk towards him on Monday, so that's just a hoss fight where the face/heel dynamics (at least thus far) are unclear. Nonetheless, I expect the two men's matches to get a strong response simply because they're big-money matches, and the outcomes are somewhat unpredictable, so the crowd should be engaged. Re: the Becky match, the crowd might just treat Becky as the face in that, despite her portraying the cowardly heel who's underestimating her heel opponent. It might get silence, though, as the outcome is in no way in doubt.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
18,008 Posts
Honestly, I believe that Tommaso Ciampa and Pete Dunne will end up competing in the Men's Rumble match at this point due to recent events.

·
Registered
28,142 Posts
It's interesting. Sometimes the long Rumble matches wear the crowd out, and they don't much respond to the singles matches in between. And this year, we've got three title matches where we don't have a clear face/heel dynamic in place. Rollins and Reigns are both heels, as are Becky and Doudrop. In theory, Lesnar may be a face, and Lashley a heel, but it seemed like Lashley had been trending towards babyface recently, and Lesnar acted like a smug, dismissive jerk towards him on Monday, so that's just a hoss fight where the face/heel dynamics (at least thus far) are unclear. Nonetheless, I expect the two men's matches to get a strong response simply because they're big-money matches, and the outcomes are somewhat unpredictable, so the crowd should be engaged. Re: the Becky match, the crowd might just treat Becky as the face in that, despite her portraying the cowardly heel who's underestimating her heel opponent. It might get silence, though, as the outcome is in no way in doubt.
The match that immediately follows the 1st Rumble match always has a dead crowd no matter what that match is. Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles got no reaction in 2019 following the Women's Rumble.

It's kind of unavoidable. Honestly something I wish they would do to counteract this is have 15 minute intermission after the 1st Rumble match to allow fans to calm down and do whatever they need to do. I know they used to do it for older PPVS. And with Rumble now having 2 Rumble matches, something like this could really work.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Well, given the number of ads they've been running on Peacock -- and by extension, the WWE Network internationally -- lately during PLEs (get used to it folks, no more PPVs), you might get a virtual 15-minute break after the first Rumble match by default.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
14,704 Posts
Well, given the number of ads they've been running on Peacock -- and by extension, the WWE Network internationally -- lately during PLEs (get used to it folks, no more PPVs), you might get a virtual 15-minute break after the first Rumble match by default.
They used the breaks to spray the ring down too I read as well as the announce booth for the change outs

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
They used the breaks to spray the ring down too I read as well as the announce booth for the change outs
Ah, very interesting. I knew they were doing that during the Performance Center tapings, but wasn't sure if it continued on afterwards. At any rate, they'll have to spray the shit out of the ring after the first Rumble match. Heh.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
14,704 Posts
Ah, very interesting. I knew they were doing that during the Performance Center tapings, but wasn't sure if it continued on afterwards. At any rate, they'll have to spray the shit out of the ring after the first Rumble match. Heh.
Oh yeah it’s over with by then lol because either way it’s at least 60 sets of germs and body fluids 😂

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
If Rollins actually wins the belt I hope he gets a ridiculously gaudy custom belt. Maybe leopard print or something haha.

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
If Rollins actually wins the belt I hope he gets a ridiculously gaudy custom belt. Maybe leopard print or something haha.
Fur lined, alligator skin, spinner title plates, blinking LED lights, and built in speaker system that constantly plays "burn it down" on a repeating loop.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts