Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Who's next for Roman, though? I think we know who's....next.

·
The House of Black Always Wins.
18,068 Posts
Soo I’m guessing…

Lesnar vs Lashley
Edge/Beth vs Miz/Maryse
Becky vs Doudrop
Random tag title match
Womens Rumble feat. Charlotte
Mens Rumble feat. Reigns

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Hmmm. Though my gut says they'll use the last match on Goldberg's current contract in Saudi, or at Mania, I'm wondering if there's a possibility if he works Roman at the Rumble instead. It'd be a quick match, to keep the, uh, Premium Live Event from being too long, given the two Rumble matches.

·
Registered
28,142 Posts
Brock vs. Lashley is obviously the big draw for this show at the moment. Edge & Beth vs. Miz & Maryse is....fine, but everything with Edge & Miz just feels like a placeholder until something bigger lines up for Edge.

As for the Rumbles themselves, when it comes to the Mens, I honestly don't know what they're gonna do because they haven't really built up anyone on that side as an obvious winner. Maybe Big E to get his belt back at Mania. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Brock won after losing to Lashley earlier in the night thanks to help from Roman.

For the women, feels pretty obvious that it's either Sasha or Bianca. Really I'm just interested to see how many NXT Women, Returns, and legends fill this out. I'll guess that at least Asuka & Lacey return here.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
6,199 Posts
For Wrestlemania, I think they will go Brock vs Roman in a champion vs champion match. Therefore I'm predicting shenanigans regarding the winner of the Rumble or at least something out of the ordinary. I think it will be Brock or Roman vs the Rumble winner at the February/March PPV. If that's the route, it's probably better to go for an established name who can take the pin.

Or, and hear me out 🤣 🤣 , an NXT veteran (Rollins, KO etc) wins the rumble and faces Bron Breaker for the NXT title...

...Yes, that last idea is probably awful, but I'm trying to think of ways to do Brock vs Roman champion vs champion and have some legitimacy to the Rumble.

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
The order of the matches will give away the winner of the RR (a fact that WWE is very well aware of).

The WM ME is set; Reigns vs Lesnar for what feels like a 1000th time.

Whether the match is title vs title or Lesnar loses the title to Lashley; your WM ME is not changing.

Originally I thought that Reigns will win the Rumble and challenge Lesnar for the title. As I see it now, based on how WWE is booking Reigns to avoid Lesnar in today's Smackdown, I think Lesnar is the one who goes to the Rumble, wins it, and forces Adam Pearce to make the Reigns match at WM.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Just like WWE to finally give us Lesnar vs Lashley, and presumably giving us Reigns vs Rollins with both of them as the best versions of their characters, but to make both matches nothing more than speed-bumps that won't mean anything on the way to yet another boring fucking Reigns vs Lesnar match that we've all seen before.

It's like taking the really gorgeous scenic route... on your drive to fucking Croydon.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
16,646 Posts
Why hasn’t WWE reached out to Layla to be in the rumble? We all know why mccool is in but why not Layla?

·
Registered
10,002 Posts
Just like WWE to finally give us Lesnar vs Lashley, and presumably giving us Reigns vs Rollins with both of them as the best versions of their characters, but to make both matches nothing more than speed-bumps that won't mean anything on the way to yet another boring fucking Reigns vs Lesnar match that we've all seen before.

It's like taking the really gorgeous scenic route... on your drive to fucking Croydon.
These two matches would be better served as the main events of Night 1 and Night 2. The fact that it just leads back to Lesnar vs Reigns is depressing.

·
Bleep, bloop, bloam, goodbye to your home.
7,922 Posts
Why are people wishing for Reigns Goldberg?

I just wanna know why do people think that would be a good match? Can we please put these part timers off from titlepicture?

Looking forward to the Rumble matches, thats about it.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Why are people wishing for Reigns Goldberg?

I just wanna know why do people think that would be a good match? Can we please put these part timers off from titlepicture?

Looking forward to the Rumble matches, thats about it.
Because Reigns VS Goldberg is the biggest match they can do right now in terms of star power

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
For Wrestlemania, I think they will go Brock vs Roman in a champion vs champion match. Therefore I'm predicting shenanigans regarding the winner of the Rumble or at least something out of the ordinary. I think it will be Brock or Roman vs the Rumble winner at the February/March PPV. If that's the route, it's probably better to go for an established name who can take the pin.

Or, and hear me out 🤣 🤣 , an NXT veteran (Rollins, KO etc) wins the rumble and faces Bron Breaker for the NXT title...

...Yes, that last idea is probably awful, but I'm trying to think of ways to do Brock vs Roman champion vs champion and have some legitimacy to the Rumble.
Reading this I INSTANTLY thought of AJ and Grayson Waller feuding and that being a gateway to AJ winning the NXT Title

1 - 20 of 36 Posts