Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1484 Posts

·
Registered
22,576 Posts
Gable vs. Sheamus is probably going to end up on the pre show with the way these things go.

The Men's Rumble has me very intrigued with all the pieces they have going into it. The Women's match less so for some reason. Maybe because there is no one having a run like Becky right now going into the show.

And I'm hoping Bray vs. Bryan and Becky vs. Asuka deliver. Pacing this show will be very important. When you have 2 Rumble matches on one show, it becomes a very hard show to pace. Any match that comes after that 1st Rumble match will have a dead crowd. If it were me, I would think about having some kind of intermission after the 1st Rumble of the night so fans could get a chance to catch their breaths.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Roman’s mission statement was “if I’m in the Royal Rumble match, then I’m winning the Royal Rumble match”.

That gives meaning to his match with Corbin.

WWE also hinted at Roman vs Bryan in the main event of Wrestlemania, including a visual face-to-face staredown between the two, and WWE rarely hints at a match they won’t deliver.

Because of that, I could see Daniel Bryan winning the Universal Championship by defeating The Fiend (with the stipulation protecting him), who doesn’t need the title at Mania.

The Brock Lesnar “spoiler” emphasis has been deliberately over-emphasised now, so I see it as a red herring. Brock thrown out by Roman, a Daniel Bryan championship win, and the falls count anywhere match could all serve a purpose in making a Roman win more fun to watch.

Lots of possibilities this year, but IMO ultimately they need to push Roman and try to tell his cancer story without the crowd booing him.

The only question is: can they do it?

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Why in gods name are Reigns and Corbin at it again???? I don't watch week to week but it seems like they've been feuding for a year or over now...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Why in gods name are Reigns and Corbin at it again???? I don't watch week to week but it seems like they've been feuding for a year or over now...
I don't really mind that match. In fact, it could be quite fun to watch. The one that bothers me is Gable vs Sheamus. So useless and boring. Hopefully they will put it on the pre-show

I still want an explanation as to why Brock Lesnar, the reigning WWE Champion, is in the Royal Rumble.
Dude, it's the WWE. Don't bother finding a logical explanation to their decisions. And anyway, I feel like it was a good move overall. Think about it : we were all ready to have another boring, suplex/F5 focused match and we all know Lesnar would have retained. Putting him in the Rumble match means avoiding such match and at the same time make the Rumble more interesting. I also liked the idea of making him enter at 1.

·
Registered
345 Posts
It will most likely be in the Pre-show. There is literally no time space left on the main card :
Women RR match (promo+entrances+match+celebration) 1 hour and 5-10 mins
Men RR match (promo+entrances+match+celebration) 1 hour and 5-10 mins
UT match (promo+entrances+match+celebration) about 20-30 mins
Raw Womens title match (about 20-25 mins)
SD Womens title match (about 20 mins)
Corbin vs Reigns (It's a falls count anywhere and there will be a lot interferences so I'm expeting it to be at least 20 mins long)
And then you also have Gable vs Sheamus

·
Registered
22,576 Posts
I Imagine the card will look something like this:

Pre Show:

1. Gable vs. Sheamus
2. Andrade vs. Carillo
3. New Day vs. Miz & Morrison

Main Show:

1. Bayley vs. Lacey
2. Asuka vs. Becky
3. Roman vs. Corbin
4. Bray vs. Bryan
5. Men's Rumble
6. Women's Rumble

That is not an actual order btw, just the matches I think will happen on the pre show and the main card. You would think Kofi, Big E, Miz, and Morrison get added to the Rumble. But, there are only 8 spots left in that match and no NXT guys have been announced yet. So you add in at least a couple NXT guys, plus Cain Velasquez, plus another surprise or 2, there just might not be enough room for those guys, which is why I think they end up in a tag title match.

They had 7 main card matches last year. So maybe the SD Tag Title match gets added to the main card. I just feel bad for any match that's after the 1st Rumble match of the night, because the crowd will be dead for it.

Lastly, I wonder if they will have the talent come out of the dugout like they did last year. That was cool.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I'm ALWAYS excited for the Rumble.

The undercard looks hideous tho. Who the hell thinks its smart to have Gable vs. Sheamus, Roman vs. Corbin on the event? Why did they use Rey vs. Andrade ladder match on Raw and put Humberto vs. Andrade on the PPV?

I am looking forward to what they do with Fiend vs. Bryan and how the Rumbles will play out. Unfortunately, there's almost NO buzz on the woman's rumble, it'll still be fun tho.
The men's rumble is really intriguing to me right now... I hated Brock being inserted into the rumble as a champ, BUT with him being #1 that's going to actually be a LOT of fun. The field is oversatured by guys who have been champion before, but aren't hyped enough to main event 'mania so thats a problem... I don't expect a lot of surprises this year.

I really DON'T want a Roman win... I seriously hate that man (wrestling hate, not personal hate, he seems like an awesome dude in real life). He's almost instant - turn off the television material for me. HOWEVER, if Bryan wins against the fiend, then at the very least, it will be more palpable. A Bryan vs. Reigns feud could actually bring out the best in Reigns. What I DON'T want is a Reigns overcoming the Fiend feud. That's bogus ass John Cena level own everything mode. If someone overcomes the Fiend, I'd prefer it to be Bryan now.

I'm TOTALLY in on an Aleister Black or Drew Mc win of the Rumble. Those are two guys that I could get behind as they build to WM. I'm not sure Black is ready, but they've been building the hell out of him and he could be an instant star in a Lesnar feud if they really go with it. Drew deserves a run and he's been amazing since turning to a tweener and embracing some comedy.

Most of the others in the field have no real chance, but I'll be looking more into it after Friday and making some more clear predictions. As of now, it's really hard NOT to predict Reigns as the victor... unfortunately.

·
Registered
345 Posts
There is no time space to have all the matches announced on the main card. This is how I think it should go :

Pre-Show :
Gable vs Sheamus (I think they should add a stipulation to this match in order to make it more interesting. Winner enters the Rumble maybe?).
A tag team championship match
It would be cool to have a segment with the street profits and R-truth. They're pretty good at being funny.

Main card :
Just like last year, let's have the women's matches in the first part of the card. Full respect to them but it's a fact that the women's rumble doesn't feel anywhere near as big as the men's rumble. In fact they put the women's rumble as the main event in 2018 only because it was the very first one.
1) Raw women's title
2) King Corbin vs Reigns
3) SD women's title
4) Women's RR match
5) US title match
6) Universal title match
7) Men's Royal Rumble match

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
How I would book it:

KICKOFF SHOW:

- Sheamus vs Shorty G - 5 to 7 minutes.

- USA Championship match:
Andrade (c) vs Carrillo - 10 to 12 minutes.

MAIN CARD:

-
Roman Reigns vs Baron Corbin - 12 to 15 minutes.

- Smackdown Women's championship match:
Bayley (c) vs Lacey Evans - 10 to 12 minutes.

- Women's Royal Rumble match - 1 hour

R-Truth segment to ease the mood and start over.

- Universal Championship match:
Bray "The Fiend" Wyatt (c) vs Daniel Bryan - 8 to 10 minutes.

- RAW Women's championship match:
Becky Lynch (c) vs Asuka - 15 minutes.

- Men's Royal Rumble match - 1 hour

Only if Ronda Rousey returns I would place the Women's rumble last, specially if there is no a big surprise on the Men's rumble.

------------------------------------------------------

I would not book any match other than the rumbles longer than 15 minutes, crowds mostly care for the rumble matches, last year they booked Bryan vs Styles for 25 minutes and by the 10th minute mark the crowd was already dead and wanted the match to end.

·
Registered
345 Posts
How I would book it:

KICKOFF SHOW:

- Sheamus vs Shorty G - 5 to 7 minutes.

- USA Championship match:
Andrade (c) vs Carrillo - 10 to 12 minutes.

MAIN CARD:

-
Roman Reigns vs Baron Corbin - 12 to 15 minutes.

- Smackdown Women's championship match:
Bayley (c) vs Lacey Evans - 10 to 12 minutes.

- Women's Royal Rumble match - 1 hour

R-Truth segment to ease the mood and start over.

- Universal Championship match:
Bray "The Fiend" Wyatt (c) vs Daniel Bryan - 8 to 10 minutes.

- RAW Women's championship match:
Becky Lynch (c) vs Asuka - 15 minutes.

- Men's Royal Rumble match - 1 hour

Only if Ronda Rousey returns I would place the Women's rumble last, specially if there is no a big surprise on the Men's rumble.

------------------------------------------------------

I would not book any match other than the rumbles longer than 15 minutes, crowds mostly care for the rumble matches, last year they booked Bryan vs Styles for 25 minutes and by the 10th minute mark the crowd was already dead and wanted the match to end.
You need to take into account the promo, the entrances and the celebration.
I also don't think it's a good idea to have a women title match after the women's rumble because it would mean excluding Asuka from the Rumble match

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dude, it's the WWE. Don't bother finding a logical explanation to their decisions. And anyway, I feel like it was a good move overall. Think about it : we were all ready to have another boring, suplex/F5 focused match and we all know Lesnar would have retained. Putting him in the Rumble match means avoiding such match and at the same time make the Rumble more interesting. I also liked the idea of making him enter at 1.
Another comment about Brock Lesnar that makes sense but when you remember he is the champion the comment doesn't make sense at all

1 - 20 of 1484 Posts