Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...we-main-roster-talents-being-frustrated-over/

Source: F4WOnline

According to Bryan Alvarez of F4Wonline.com, there is said to be discontent on WWE's main roster right now over how NXT talents are given the chance to go out and put on great matches while most main roster talents are restricted to short nothing matches on TV, especially if they are Divas.

Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter added to the story on his message board:

"So story is accurate but it's inherent. It was the same thing in the OVW days, well not exactly the same, but similar. I get DMs from people on the main roster always after those specials. It's a common frustration. The top NXT performers are frustrated they aren't on the main roster making money. Then they will get more frustrated when they realize their dream. WWE guys are frustrated they aren't having the matches guys in NXT are when they know if they can perform before 400 fans in longer matches they can tear the house down."

F4W is pretty reliable. This report doesn't surprise me in the slightest. It was worse during TLC because overall, Revolution was a better show, and TLC was the worst PPV that WWE produced all year. It couldn't have happened at a worse time. This time, they've got a month to get their shit together before Wrestlemania. Just imagine the embarrassment if this special aired in March :uhoh.

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
The same exact shit was reported after the last NXT special.

Reactions: Leonardo Spanky

·
How you doing?
4,958 Posts
They should be frustrated! And they should give this frustration a mouthpiece and make sure Vince hears it, they should let him know instead of letting this kind of info leak out.

·
Registered
11,212 Posts
I think this might be partially speculation but I would suspect that there's a lot of truth, especially when it comes to Divas.

·
The Blue Meanie
15,837 Posts
I believe this report. The talent on the main roster don't have the same booking, diverse move sets and commitment to storytelling that NXT enjoys. Even the best in the world can only do but so much with the little they're given to work with.

·
Registered
397 Posts
whats so great about nxt
There are no bathroom break matches in NXT. There aren't any moronic potty humor/freak humor segments that make you fast forward or change the channel in NXT. The announcing is pretty decent in NXT.

I wouldn't call NXT great, it's good but not great, the question is more what's wrong with RAW.

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
I kinda disagree with this especially when it comes to tag teams outside of New Day. Some of there matches just feel as if they drag on more than anything. And nobody wants to see the Bellas wrestling for +10 minutes.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There are no bathroom break matches in NXT. There aren't any moronic potty humor/freak humor segments that make you fast forward or change the channel in NXT. The announcing is pretty decent in NXT.

I wouldn't call NXT great, it's good but not great, the question is more what's wrong with RAW.

This is correct. Even if NXT isn't your cup of tea, it's clearly 10x more appealing than the current product.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
I'd say there's no smoke without fire concerning this report. Much of the talent on the main roster could develop themselves more if they weren't under the current booking constraints. Very few are allowed to develop their own gimmicks or have input to its direction, while promos are scripted to an inch of their lives rather than the booker(s) telling the the wrestlers certain points to cut in their promos. The creativity is heavily stifled and those who have made a lot of their careers in the indys must find it suffocating. I'd love to see John Cena take his character a turn somewhere but as long as his merchandise is a hot seller, that doesn't look like it'll happen in the short term, which is a shame because I think if Cena was able to deliver more of an edge to his promos rather than having to use words like "poopy", it would be must see TV.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
whats so great about nxt
Honestly, I would of thought the same before I started watching it.

The matches generally have meaning. Not Usos vs Dust brothers for the 7000th time for no reason. Not ziggler vs wyatt for no reason.

The announcing is generally much more sporty as its feel. Like the old days where they would say "he needs to slow the match down" and stuff like that. Not the mindless rubbish that happens on WWE.

Honestly its just a show which respects its audience. Simple as that people. I lose some of my brain cells everytime I watch RAW.

Sometimes I enjoy parts of RAW such as the bryan vs Reigns thing is kind of OK atm. But generally it is just total garbage. Only reason I can cope with it is simple - its because I record it and watch it on fast forward except the good parts. So I wind usos vs dust brothers matches and stuff like that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The PG product on the main roster is just as lame for us as it is the talent. I really think that many guys there can't let their true personalities shine through due to restrictions which makes them come across as cartoony. Nxt is catered to a different market as hhh said so naturally there more things they can do.

·
The NEW
13,467 Posts
Can't blame them. Main roster has some damn good talents, and I'd even say that overall it's better than the NXT roster.

But their writing just isn't as good. And they don't get to showcase themselves as much as NXT guys, which is sad.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts