Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
WF BTB Hall of Famer
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To mark the new a new revolution that BTB is moving into it only seems fit that two of the legends of BTB lead the way for the new generations to follow.

Seeing as Rise of Glory and Main Event and Adusts WWE have kind of left on a break for a while (RoG will be back eventually). Anyway Main Event and myself shall be doing a new show (obviously), so here the run down.

We will be starting with the RAW after Wrestlemania, of which Main Event will be doing RAW and I will be doing Smackdown!. The rosters are the same and we will give results to Wrestlemania in a while.

The rosters are the same as they are now. I hope you all enjoy the thread and I hope it becomes as popular as others in the Forum (RoG / BTB).

It'll be good to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
720 Posts
COOL!!!! Great announcement, and can't wait!!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I will be reading this from the beginning that way I don't try to read 30 pages in a month!

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
Background Note: Chris Benoit turned heel on Chris Jericho prior to Wrestlemania. Batista turned Face prior to Wrestlemania against Triple H.

WM Results

Raw Results

Shelton Benjamin defeats Muhammad Hassan to retain the Intercontinental Championship

Randy Orton defeats Edge after an RKO

Chris Benoit defeats Chris Jericho in a submission match after knocking Jericho out with a chair then applying the Crippler Crossface

Batista defeats Triple H to win the World Heavyweight Championship after the Batista Bomb

Smackdown Results

Torrie Wilson defeats Miss Jackie in a Bra & Panties Match

Billy Kidman defeats Funaki to win the Cruiserweight Championship after the Shooting Star Press

The Basham Brothers defeat Luther Reigns/Mark Jindrak and Booker-T/Eddie Guerrero after the Basham’s tricked Eddie by switching.

JBL def John Cena to retain the WWE Title after interference from the Cabinet.

Inter-Brand Matches

Kurt Angle defeats Shawn Michaels after interference by Eddie Guerrero

Kane and Undertaker defeat John Heidenreich and Gene Snitsky after two successive tombstones and a double pin on either man

·
Registered
474 Posts
Theres one big point between those results and reality........Thats the way the wwe should plann wrestlemania this year. Instead theyll probably make some great stupid decisons

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Good Wrestlemania results.

Interesting to see Batista as the World Heavyweight Champion while it's good to see Benoit as a heel.

Glad to see Kidman as Cruiserweight Champion and an even better move to have JBL retain.

I have high hopes for this thread and RAW is sure to be great as the buildup for Backlash begins.

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
Raw

The Raw Theme plays throughout the arena and the fireworks go off. The Camera goes around the arena displaying the fans signs.

Jim Ross: Welcome to Monday Night Raw, we are just 24 hours removed from Wrestlemania!!

Jerry Lawler: What an extraordinary night it was last night and I hope we have just as good a night tonight

Jim Ross: A blockbuster match has been announced for Raw already tonight as one of the greatest tag teams in WWE History Reunites for one night only, Christian and Edge will take on Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton

Jerry Lawler: That’s a huge match and I can’t wait to see it

Jim Ross: Let’s take a look at what happened at last nights Wrestlemania

Wrestlemania Video Recap

Billy Kidman defeating Funaki for the CW Title

Shelton Benjamin retaining the Intercontinental Title against Muhammad Hassan

The Basham Brothers defeating Eddie/Booker and Luther/Jindrak to retain the WWE Tag Team Titles

Kane and Undertaker defeating Gene Snitsky and Heidenreich

Torrie Wilson defeating Miss Jackie in a Bra & Panties Match

Randy Orton defeating Edge

Kurt Angle defeating Shawn Michaels

JBL defeating John Cena to retain the WWE Title

Batista defeating Triple H to win the World Heavyweight Title

Jim Ross: Many great matches and perhaps the greatest Wrestlemania of all time, and in the main event Batista defeating Triple H to win the World Title

Jerry Lawler: Batista had been on a mission JR and neither of us were surprised to see him beat Triple H last night but The Game will be back in the hunt have no doubt about it

Jim Ross: And Chris Benoit defeating Chris Jericho in an outstanding though somewhat controversial submission match

Jerry Lawler: Chris Jericho passed out in the pain of the Crippler Crossface, in my book that’s the same as a submission so Chris Benoit won that match

Jim Ross: That was after Benoit knocked Jericho out with a steel chair to the head

Jerry Lawler: Yeah well…..

“No Chance” hits throughout the arena to a huge pop from the crowd as Vince McMahon walks down the ramp with his usual intimidating swagger

Jerry Lawler: Look who it is!!

Jim Ross: The Chairman of World Wrestling Entertainment Mr. McMahon

Jerry Lawler: I wonder what he’s here for

Mr. McMahon grabs a microphone and stands in the centre of the ring.

Mr McMahon: On behalf of everyone in World Wrestling Entertainment, we would like to say Thank You

The Fans Cheer as McMahon nods his head

Mr McMahon: You people are what made Wrestlemania and you people are what the WWE is all about

The Fans start cheering again so McMahon pauses

Mr McMahon: So as a present to all of you people I am personally going to shake up WWE and give a breath of fresh air you could say to the two brands…Raw and Smackdown

The Fans go silent in anticipation

Mr McMahon: You see last year on Raw after Wrestlemania, we had a draft lottery in which superstars moved from Raw to Smackdown and vice versa, completely at random and next week we will once again have a draft lottery

The crowd erupts following the announcement

Mr McMahon: And once again this year, nobody is exempt from the draft, I don’t care if you are the World Heavyweight Champion Dave Batista….

The Fans Cheer and start a Batista chant

Mr McMahon: Or the WWE Champion JBL…..

The cheers turn to boo’s upon hearing the name JBL

Mr McMahon: Or even Eric Bischoff

The Fans Cheer

Jerry Lawler: (laughs) imagine Eric Bischoff traded to Smackdown

Jim Ross: That would be interesting to say the very least

Mr McMahon: Anyone and Everyone is in that lottery, now as for tonight enjoy the rest of the show, thank you

“No Chance” hits again and Mr McMahon leaves the ring and heads to the back.

Jim Ross: What a huge announcement by the Chairman of the WWE, a draft lottery next week on Raw

Jerry Lawler: I can’t wait to see what stars we get over from Smackdown I know I could name a few

“Ain’t No Stoppin Me No” hits throughout the arena to a pop from the crowd as Shelton Benjamin makes his way down to the ring for the following title defence.

Jim Ross: This will be an interesting match, Shelton Benjamin perhaps the best pure athlete ever to wear the strap against this man

“The Simon System Music” plays throughout the arena as Simon Dean comes down the ramp to heat from the crowd, sporting his Simon System.

Jerry Lawler: I heard you’ve been trying some of that Simon System JR

Jim Ross: Unless it involves a pork pie or a burger I’m not interested

Match #1

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Shelton Benjamin © Vs Simon Dean

Quick Five Minute Match, Simon Dean seizing the advantage after throwing powder in the eyes of Shelton Benjamin.

Match Ending: Simon Dean goes up top and tries to come off with a flying clothesline but Shelton manages to avoid it then hit the T-Bone Suplex for the 1-2-3

Winner: and still Intercontinental Champion…Shelton Benjamin

Shelton Benjamin gets up on the turnbuckle and raises the Intercontinental Title high in the air

Jim Ross: An Impressive Victory by Shelton Benjamin over a very competitive Simon Dean we’ll be right back after this short Commercial Break

Commercial Break

We come back to see Eric Bischoff in his office on the phone. There’s a hard knock at the door and Bischoff hangs up his phone as Triple H storms into the room with Ric Flair at his side.

Eric Bischoff: Triple H, what can I do for you?

Triple H: You know Bischoff, I can’t believe you right now, if you knew how pissed off I was…..

Bischoff cuts him off

Eric Bischoff: Make it quick?

Triple H: Why haven’t you sorted out that Dave Batista, last night he stole my World Heavyweight Championship…

Eric Bischoff: No No No, last night he won the World Heavyweight Championship by pinning you 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring, so what’s the problem?

Triple H: I’ll tell you what the problem is, on Raw and in this whole damn business Evolution is the biggest name, without Evolution, Raw would be nothing and right now that World Title means nothing and you know why Bischoff because it’s around the waste of Dave Batista and not where it should be in Evolution, now what are you going to do about that?

Bischoff looks down thinking about what to do next

Eric Bischoff: You have a point although it’s only a little one but I want to see if you can prove it so I think you know what’s going to happen now right?

Triple H: I’ll get ready for the match, tonight I become the 11 time World Heavyweight Champion, I will beat Dave Batista, he is nothing to me, he….

Bischoff cuts him off

Eric Bischoff: Triple H tonight you don’t have a match

Triple H: What do you mean I don’t have a match of course I…

Eric Bischoff: You didn’t let me finish….If Evolution is the top thing on Raw right now then I said I wanted to put that theory to the test so tonight One on One for the World Heavyweight Championship, Dave Batista will defend against none other than the Nature Boy…Ric Flair!!

The Fans can be heard cheering in the background

Eric Bischoff: Now if you excuse me I have some business to attend do

Bischoff leaves the office leaving Triple H with a stunned look on his face and Ric Flair smiling

Jerry Lawler: What a match for tonight’s main event, Batista against Ric Flair for the World Heavyweight Championship

Jim Ross: That’s a great match but I don’t think that was what Triple H was hoping for

“La Resistance Music” hits throughout the arena to heat from the crowd as they make their way to the ring for the following tag team encounter.

Jim Ross: Up now in the second of three huge championship matches tonight, La Resistance will take on the team of William Regal and a returning Eugene!!

“Eugene’s music” plays throughout the arena as both Eugene and Regal run down to the ring.

Match #2

World Tag Team Championships

La Resistance © Vs Eugene and William Regal

Good Tag Team Match with La Resistance isolating Eugene and working over the previously injured knee

Match Ending: Eugene manages to get the tag to William Regal who goes on a role cleaning house with La Resistance but as the Conway distracts the referee, Grenier is able to use the flag pole on Regal then the duo hit the Au Revoir for the 1-2-3.

Winners: and still World Tag Team Champions…La Resistance

Jim Ross: La Resistance barely escape with the World Tag Team Titles, after using the flag pole

Jerry Lawler: That’s why they are the tag team champions being able to execute such an effective double team move following the shot with the Flagpole.

Jim Ross: Now we go backstage to Todd Grisham who is standing by with The Rabid Wolverine Chris Benoit

Interview

Todd Grisham: Chris Benoit, last night at Wrestlemania you beat Chris Jericho in a submission match that was surrounded in controversy

Chris Benoit: There was no controversy Todd, last night Chris Jericho found out exactly what pain was all about and he couldn’t take that pain which is why he passed out

Todd Grisham: Although he passed out he didn’t actually tap out which where the rules of the match Chris

Chris Benoit: I beat Chris Jericho last night to a bloody pulp, the reason he didn’t tap out was because he physically couldn’t

Todd Grisham: There was also a moment in that match Chris where the referee was down and Chris Jericho had the Walls of Jericho locked in and you tapped out

Chris Benoit: I didn’t tap out, what you fail to realise is that I am a technical wrestling machine, I knew perfectly well that the referee was down, so I tapped out knowing full well that Chris Jericho would pay for letting go of his only chance and he did because I am the Rabid Wolverine….I am Chris Benoit, Prove Me Wrong!!

Chris Benoit walks off

Commercial

Jim Ross: Welcome back to Raw Ladies and Gentlemen the man beast Rhyno is in the ring right now awaiting the arrival of this man

“Whatever” plays throughout the arena to huge heat from the crowd as Chris Benoit walks down the ramp for his match against Rhyno. Benoit gets in the ring and begins to stare down Rhyno.

Match #3

Singles Match

Rhyno Vs Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit controls the match using various different suplexes and submissions

Match Ending: Rhyno misses a gore and goes shoulder first into the ring post, Benoit then locks in the Crippler Crossface but as to release it as he sees Chris Jericho sprinting down the ramp. Chris Jericho attacks Chris Benoit as the referee rings the bell for the disqualification

Winner: via DQ Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit exchange right hands with Jericho getting the better of the exchange and knocks Benoit out of the ring. Jericho climbs out of the ring and grabs a steel chair from the ring announcer and uses it to deliver a thunderous shot to the forehead of Chris Benoit. Jericho then throws the chair down and applies the Walls of Jericho. Benoit starts to tap out as referees and officials try to break up the brawl.

Jerry Lawler: What’s that all about JR, an unprovoked attack by Chris Jericho

Jim Ross: Benoit hit Jericho last night with a chair and that’s what you call payback King; you of all people should know what that means

We Cut Backstage to See The Officials Blocking Jericho from going back out. Eric Bischoff approaches Jericho and waves away the officials

Eric Bischoff: Jericho what the hell is going on, why did you just ruin a very good match and one in which I was enjoying?

Chris Jericho: I was taking my anger out on Chris Benoit, he busted me open last night and now he knows that payback’s a bitch

Eric Bischoff: Well I don’t take kindly to people ruining matches here on Raw and if you want to take your anger out on someone tonight then right here in this very arena it will be Chris Jericho competing in a Falls Count Anywhere Match, one on one with Gene Snitsky!!

The Fans Cheer as Jericho begins to nod his head

Commercial

Jim Ross: Welcome back Ladies and Gentlemen moments ago after Chris Jericho attacked Chris Benoit, General Manager Eric Bischoff booked a huge Falls Count Anywhere Match between Chris Jericho and Gene Snitsky

Jerry Lawler: That match isn’t going to be pretty

Jim Ross: Indeed, it will be a slobber knocker, not for the weakened heart I can guarantee you that

“Just Close Your Eyes” hits throughout the arena as Christian makes his way to the ring accompanied by Tyson Tomko

Jim Ross: Now what a tag team encounter we have hear, one of the greatest tag teams of all time Edge and Christian against a Future WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels and perhaps the future of Raw, Randy Orton

Jerry Lawler: Indeed I’ve been looking forward to this one all night

“Alter Bridges” then hits to huge heat from the crowd as Edge makes his way to the ring looking very angrily at the crowd

“Hey Nothing You Can Say” then immediately hits once Edge is in the ring, to a huge pop as Randy Orton comes down the ramp, raising his hands into the air with a waterfall of gold pyro behind him. He makes his way to the bottom on the ramp and waits on Shawn Michaels

“Sexy Boy” plays throughout the arena to a huge pop as Shawn Michaels makes his way down the ramp. He and Orton run to the ring and get the match underway

Match #4

Tag Team Match

Edge & Christian Vs Randy Orton & Shawn Michaels

Evenly paced match, Tomko gets ejected from ringside early on after being caught trying to interfere.

Match Ending: Shawn Michaels tags in Randy Orton who cleans house on both Edge and Christian before the numbers game gets too much for him. Shawn Michaels comes back in then hits the Sweet Chin Music on Christian which knocks him out of the ring. Edge sets Michaels then hits the spear but wastes too much time taunting and turns around only to get an RKO, Orton covers for the 1-2-3.

Winners: via pinfall Randy Orton & Shawn Michaels

Randy Orton and Shawn Michaels celebrate whilst going up the ramp leaving Edge in the ring looking frustrated.

Jim Ross: Randy Orton prevailed tonight, just like at last nights Wrestlemania, we’ll be right back

Commercial

We come back to see Batista walking backstage with the World Heavyweight Title belt in his hand. The fans pop wildly upon seeing him, he comes to an abrupt halt and then begins to smile as the camera shoots round to show Randy Orton. The Two Men go face to face before Orton extends his hand

Randy Orton: Congratulations Man

Batista hesitates but then shakes Orton’s hand but Orton pulls him closer.

Randy Orton: But I’ll be coming for that belt soon, just you wait and see

Batista smiles

Batista: Looking Forward to it Randy, looking forward to it

We Cut Back to Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler

Jerry Lawler: That was a strange encounter, what do you make of that JR?

Jim Ross: I see it as an encounter between two superstars formerly team mates who want the World Heavyweight Title and are willing to put the hard graft in to earn it like Batista already has and Orton has done on one previous occasion

Jerry Lawler: And Triple H on ten and Ric Flair on sixteen

Jim Ross: Well your right about that

“Break the Walls Down” hits throughout the arena to a huge pop as Chris Jericho makes his way to the ring looking very fired up.

Jim Ross: I’m not so sure about this mans chances in the following matchup against Snitsky

Jerry Lawler: I would agree with you on that one JR

“It wasn’t my fault” plays throughout the arena to heat from the crowd as Gene Snitsky makes his way down the ramp, the camera zooms up on his face and shows a black eye as a result of the match at Wrestlemania

Jerry Lawler: Someone tell the Camera man not to go that close to Snitsky’s face, we want to keep our viewers

Jim Ross: Gene Snitsky loves to brawl, he loves causing pain, he’s not mentally stable as we’ve seen in previous weeks

Match #5

Falls Count Anywhere Match

Chris Jericho Vs Gene Snitsky

Snitsky controls the match with both men brawling around ringside using various different weapons.

Match Ending: After brawling up to the top of the ramp, Jericho goes through the curtain and comes back out with a two by four and delivers two hard shots to the head of Snitsky, the second of which snaps the two by four. Jericho then locks in the Walls of Jericho but gets levelled from behind with a steel chair by Chris Benoit

Winner: No Contest

Chris Benoit who has his head stitched up from early on in the night delivers repeated shots with the steel chair on the shoulder then applies the Crippler Crossface. Chris Jericho then begins to tap out as several referees try to pull Benoit off.

Jerry Lawler: There’s your payback for you JR

Jim Ross: I’m sure we haven’t seen the last of Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho

Jerry Lawler: Your right about that

We Cut Backstage to See Ric Flair putting on his gold robe and Triple H pacing back and forth.

Ric Flair: Don’t worry champ, I’ll win the World Title then the belt will be back in Evolution

Triple H: Obviously Ric, I can’t help feeling just a little disappointed

Ric nods his head

Triple H: I mean I’m the Game man, I’m the best the industry has to offer, and I was ready here tonight to beat Batista and reclaim the World Heavyweight Championship

Ric Flair: Don’t worry man I’ll do it, You gotta believe me champ, I’m the Nature Boy, and after I win the World Title we’ll have an awesome party then worry about everything else later man, Evolution Style, Woooooo

Ric Flair walks off leaving Triple H with a puzzled look on his face.

Commercial

“Unleashed” plays throughout the arena to a huge pop

Jerry Lawler: Well JR here’s the moment you’ve been waiting for all night

Jim Ross: I’ve been waiting to see Batista come out here all night, the World Heavyweight Champion, the man who beat Triple H in one hell of a match last night at Wrestlemania

Lillian Garcia: The Following Contest is scheduled for One Fall and is for the World Heavyweight Championship, introducing first from Washington D.C, weighing in at 317 pounds, he is the NEW World Heavyweight Champion…Batista!!!!!!!!!

The Crowd Pop’s wildly and begin a Batista chant.

“Ric Flair’s music” hits throughout the arena to a series of “Wooo’s” as Ric Flair makes his way down the ramp with Triple H.

Main Event

World Heavyweight Championship

Batista © Vs Ric Flair (w/Triple H)

Flair works on Batista’s right leg for several parts of the match but Batista battles through it and several attacks from Triple H undetected by the referee.

Match Ending: Flair runs off the ropes then runs at Batista but Batista manages to pick him up and deliver a huge spinebuster. Triple H gets in the ring with a steel chair and tries to hit Batista with it but Batista ducks and hits a spinebuster on Triple H. Batista then walks over and picks up Flair and kicks him in the midsection. Batista then hits the Batista Bomb for the 1-2-3!!!

Winner: and STILL World Heavyweight Champion…Batista!!!!!

Jim Ross: Batista has single handily destroyed both members of Evolution see you next week

The Show goes off the air with Batista on the turnbuckle holding up the World Heavyweight Championship

End of Show

Quick Results
Shelton Benjamin def Simon Dean
La Resistance def Eugene & William Regal
Chris Benoit def Rhyno via DQ
Randy Orton & Shawn Michaels def Edge & Christian
Chris Jericho and Gene Snitsky battle to a no contest in a Falls Count Anywhere Match
Batista def Ric Flair

------------------------------------------

Up a little earlier than I said but I finished it so might as well post it.

Feedback plz?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Wow, cool debut show with great fueds being built up, especially Benoit and Jericho. Hopefully Rhyno gets a decent push, along with Christian. Nice backstage segments, although i would have liked Jericho to uise some of his trademark phrases like "junior", or "shut the hell up". Overall, interresting show and a great way to kick off.

9/10

·
Premium Member
4,641 Posts
Nice Raw, some stuff I liked, others didn't.

I liked the interactions between J.R and King, seemed very authentic. Wasn't expecting to see Vinnie Mac on the show but he delivered a huge bombshell. Liked the way you portrayed him, so props there.

Wasn't really feeling the Bischoff/HHH interview. Maybe just me, but it didn't have that...oooze in it.

Great to see you carrying on the Jericho/Benoit feud, love that feud and it was one of the first ones I watched when I first got into WWE.

Interesting encounter between Batista and Randy Orton....that's gonna be one for the future.

Nice to see Flair have one more shot at the Title, but didn't win :(

Anyway it was a great show, not 10/10 calibre just yet, but you're getting there. 9/10 for me

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Great debut show to kick off the thread.

Commentary was superb throughout the show, maybe some added length could help in a few places

Huge announcement of a draft lottrey next week by the Chairman of the Board himself Vince McMahon

Glad to see you going with a Benoit Jericho fued and I especially liked how you portrayed Benoit in his interview

I alao liked Flair getting the title shot over HHH and I liked how your portrayed Batista throughout the show

9/10

·
Registered
720 Posts
Great Raw Main Event, I possibly see an all Evolution fatal four way for the World Title at Backlash, which would be cool. Can't wait for Backlash between Jericho and Beniot, what a rivalry you got going there!Some friction between Edge and Christian possibly, maybe even splitting up which is bad because they a re so great as a team but good because Edge deserves the World Title!

·
Chopped Liver
5,553 Posts
Nice way to continue on from Wrestlemania.

Hard to see where some of the feuds or superstars will be going with the lottery next week, but after that I guess we'll have a clearer picture.

Hopefully Benoit & Jericho stay on the same show, because it is one of my all time favourite rivalries. And IMO its the hottest feud on the show at this point in time.

No Kane or Hassan, despite both being involved in matches @ WM, but I guess that goes to show that the roster is actually pretty strong....perhaps both of them could be on their way to SD with the lottery coming next week...

I was kinda torn with the Bischoff / HHH segment. As mentioned it was missing a certain spark, but it still got Bischoff over strongly in his role of take no shit GM. Hopefully you build on this.

The Batista - Orton staredown looks promising for the future, with maybe an uneasy alliance between the two in the coming weeks against Evolution??

Looking forward to next weeks show, with a lot of big issues set to be covered. 8.5/10 for this week, but I'm positive that it will be closer to 10 next week.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Nice WM results but I was sort of disappointed to see Batista win the WHC but its your show. Now on to RAW:

I liked your commentary and it seemed very accurate with J.R. going with the faces and King with most of the heels. Some of their arguements over Benoit and Y2J were classic. I see Jericho vs. Benoit at Backlash possibly with a stip such as a cage.

Also, I think that it will be interesting to see how Batista rolls as champ and I see him facing Orton at Backlash.

I'm not sure how you will use the I.C. and Tag Team divisions but I will be looking forward to it.

Can't wait for SD!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts