Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The NXT title didn't use to count and Charlotte was referred to as a ten time champion. Tonight, at the start of the show, she was referred to as a 12 time champion for the first time, now counting her two reigns with the NXT title lol Gotta get to reign 17 as quickly as possible!

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
I feel like she's won and lost too many championships (just like everybody else). I've got a feeling they want to get to that moment so Ric can be around to see it, but what does it really mean bar trivia if she's winning belts for a few weeks just to drop them back to whoever she won them too? Let's get some quality reigns and not just a large quantity.

·
Premium Member
10,700 Posts
She's been referenced as a 12 time champion since WM, not just tonight. You haven't been paying attention I guess, but can't really blame you.

In fairness, once NXT became its own brand and got its TV Deal, the NXT women's title should count. However, it is indeed funny it started counting when Charlotte won it to make the #17 agenda more obvious.

·
Registered
288 Posts
She's been referenced as a 12 time champion since WM, not just tonight. You haven't been paying attention I guess, but can't really blame you.

In fairness, once NXT became its own brand and got its TV Deal, the NXT women's title should count. However, it is indeed funny it started counting when Charlotte won it to make the #17 agenda more obvious.
Sorry but nxt championship should absolutely not be a world title.
What would be the entire point for someone who wins the nxt title and then moves to raw then? If they are already world champion in nxt?

The idea for nxt was never to be a 3rd brand by itself but to be a showcase for up coming talents to get the audience familiar with them and prepare them for main roster if they deserve it.

If you count the nxt title as world then you should count the man nxt title as world title too and then we have the problem that jobbers like Bo Dallas are now formal world champs and had lengthy runs that no one really knows or cares about .

NXT title is nxt title. Ric was 17 time World champ and If we go by the nxt title being world title then all of Rics titles including mid card titles should also add to his 17 world titles .

·
Premium Member
10,700 Posts
What would be the entire point for someone who wins the nxt title and then moves to raw then? If they are already world champion in nxt?

The idea for nxt was never to be a 3rd brand by itself but to be a showcase for up coming talents to get the audience familiar with them and prepare them for main roster if they deserve it.

If you count the nxt title as world then you should count the man nxt title as world title too and then we have the problem that jobbers like Bo Dallas are now formal world champs and had lengthy runs that no one really knows or cares about .

NXT title is nxt title. Ric was 17 time World champ and If we go by the nxt title being world title then all of Rics titles including mid card titles should also add to his 17 world titles .
Hmm, I'll look at it more this way.
Since coming to TV, it can be recognized as a world title, so Cole is a 1-time world champ, and Charlotte 11 time champ. The others don't get the same priviledge. Kind of like PWI stopped recognising anyone any Impact world champion after 2015 as a "world champion", but the ones who held before can still count themselves former world champs.

Yeah the idea wasn't to make NXT a 3rd brand, but now we're here. HHH and the wrestlers tell you to treat it like a 3rd brand, if it was getting RAW/SD ratings I'm sure the majority would be saying its like a 3rd brand despite the "development" stigma attached to it.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
So Beth Phoenix supposedly 5 times women champion by then, she won OVW women's title when that organization was still part of WWE territory. Sound pretty bias for me if they want make Charlotte surpass her daddy records with hurry.

So from now, Sasha is 5 times women champion not 4, Bayley 4 times, Asuka 3 times.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Meh. 11, 12 or 200. When it comes to Charlotte and the how many reigns, it doesn´t matter, they´re all worthless. Same could be said for every other multi time champion in this era..

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,299 Posts
Ric won 21 titles he has said on numerous occasions, guys it's Charlotte or cena who's getting the17th but cena has been asked and keeps saying no outta respect for ric. Charlotte will end up like Becky up the duff by Andrade as Mexicans don't like using contraception, my next door neighbor has 12 grandkids , her son said to me this and I thought he was ribbing me, next Sunday came jezuz fckinchrist two big vans . He went see Geordie told you my friend. Bet in the next year it happens. Vince's hairpiece will be grey asf lol

Peace.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Where I come from being a 17 time champ means you lost several times. But only in wrestling does it work in your favor. Doesn't work like that in any "real" sport. In wrestling they should only mention the actual titles held, not how many times won. Yet they don't.

·
Registered
135 Posts

Hmm, I'll look at it more this way.
Since coming to TV, it can be recognized as a world title, so Cole is a 1-time world champ, and Charlotte 11 time champ. The others don't get the same priviledge. Kind of like PWI stopped recognising anyone any Impact world champion after 2015 as a "world champion", but the ones who held before can still count themselves former world champs.

Yeah the idea wasn't to make NXT a 3rd brand, but now we're here. HHH and the wrestlers tell you to treat it like a 3rd brand, if it was getting RAW/SD ratings I'm sure the majority would be saying its like a 3rd brand despite the "development" stigma attached to it.

I'm sorry but there are a few things stopping NXT being a 3rd brand in my eyes.

1. People still get called up. Bianca Belair and Matt Riddle both got called up without any sign of NXT getting someone in return. The Roode/Ziggler and AJ swap kinda shows that NXT doesn't count in the draft rules so it's not a 3rd brand.
2. People need to be going straight to RAW or Smackdown more for it to be a 3rd brand, if they all have to go to NXT first then it's developmental and you can't have a world champion of developmental.
3. I really think if they are to be considered a third brand they need to be touring more regularly and more widely.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts