Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- Rumors are going around that WWE is only seeking talents under the age of 30, particularly especially talents that would enter their developmental system. It's not said to be an official edict, but several talents have been told this in recent weeks when trying to get work with the company.

Credit: PWInsider
Youth movement strikes again.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Makes sense, the WWE is showing that they're serious about this whole 'Youth Movement' crusade

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
TNA has dibbs on all the old fogies.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
so no chance of Sting Nash and Goldberg then?

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Hopefully there'd be an exception for a guy like Chris Hero (31)?

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
Isn't that slightly illegal? Age isn't a BFOQ

·
Banned
306 Posts
Yeah I actually prefer this. The old guard of the WWE are on there last legs, and they need people to be there to step up and take over.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Kinda dumb to discriminate based on age. They pushed Batista when he was like 35, and he became a top draw. makes no sense.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Yeah I actually prefer this. The old guard of the WWE are on there last legs, and they need people to be there to step up and take over.
they have been on their last legs since 2003

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
WWE could miss out on another Austin if this applies to talents coming from another org. Not sure if it would though, look at ADR he came over from CMLL and was over 30 I believe. Prolly just applies to people that are complete rookies.

·
Registered
340 Posts
wow, i was expecting 40+ not 30. guess its because they want to mold them into a wwe styled wrestler aka slow paced crap and we all know that takes atleast 4 years to learn :rolleyes: . it wont apply to big name stars though, or those of who are on tv (anderson, kurt angle and the like)

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
wow, i was expecting 40+ not 30. guess its because they want to mold them into a wwe styled wrestler aka slow paced crap. it wont apply to big name stars though, or those of who are on tv (anderson, kurt angle and the like)
So they got younger wrestlers because younger wrestlers would wrestle a slower pace than 40+ year olds?

Im really starting to give on the concept of common sense in the wrestling section.

·
#1 A**hole
1,394 Posts
I think hiring younger stars is a good idea.. They will be around alot longer than the older ones unless the older ones are like Terry Funk and keep going like the energizer bunny.

·
Registered
340 Posts
So they got younger wrestlers because younger wrestlers would wrestle a slower pace than 40+ year olds?

Im really starting to give on the concept of common sense in the wrestling section.

i said they want to mold the wrestlers into the wwe style which just happens to be slow and boring or to the wwe marks 'story telling'. much easier to mold a 20 yer old than a 40 year old and ofcourse you have other advantages hiring young talent. (btw ithe cut off is 30 not 40 which was my main point)

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
I dont know, Alberto and Danielson both adapted ok.

Its always been WWE policy to get them young. Heck, the same applies in any sport. You dont see Real or City going on a buying spree for 30 year old men do you?

The only real exceptions ever made are MVP and Batista.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
Isn't that slightly illegal? Age isn't a BFOQ
lol no it's not illegal. If it were illegal sports teams would have to hire old people.

I'm sure these older wrestlers can apply for non wrestling jobs within the company. So it's not age discrimination.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts