Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
10,829 Posts
Wow, I can not believe people are calling WWE petty as if it were them in that room spewing such hatred. Hogan hasn't even shown genuine repentance either...

There is no good that can come from a Hogan appearance, none at all.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Whilst I loved Hogan as a kid and respect how important he was to WWE, I'd rather not see him back. He did what he did and that's on him, he made the bed and he can lie in it.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
I would so laugh my ass off if we got We Want Hogan chants.

·
No Mercy
1,471 Posts
His place in wrestling history has long since been cemented. The reality is that a fair argument can be made that the company wouldn’t have ever reached the heights it did without him, not once, but twice. At least a decent size part of the fandom will always see him as the GOAT and he has more than a strong enough case to justify that claim. I’d really love to see him make an appearance. I’m well aware of his shortcomings and don’t condone many of the things he’s done over the years outside of the ring, but that doesn’t change what he accomplished as the character Hulk Hogan.

The company brings back who they want to bring back and at the end of the day its their decision. Even as a huge Warrior fan I have to admit that his comments were worse than Hogan’s. Yet they are pretending that stuff never happened. Paige is back and what happen to her was exactly what happened to Hogan as far as private conversations footage being exposed.

At the end of the day, I feel that he’s done his time and that making one of the most important figures in wrestling history a part of this event should be a foregone conclusion.
You're a good guy, brother. :proud

Wow, I can not believe people are calling WWE petty as if it were them in that room spewing such hatred. Hogan hasn't even shown genuine repentance either...

I've responded to you about this twice before, but once again - if you even bother to look it up, Hulk has done his best to change. If you've looked at his twitter the last two years, he's posed with black people, stated that he's been 'getting advice and lessons' over the whole thing, and such. What else can he do? The best he could do is change himself as a person, which he has done, and learn that what he did/possibly used to believe in is wrong, which he's done. Seems that someone is still mad he made a fool of Great Khali in '07...

No good from an appearance either? Wouldn't put him in the same category as a person as Warrior, who made no attempt to change his beliefs, but good certainly came from his return/making up with WWE. Why not with Hulk?

·
Banned
9,176 Posts

Yes there is: your deliciously salty tears.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I cannot for the life of me believe people would care (negatively) if Hogan showed up on RAW.

Aside from a token note at the bottom of the page explaining the situation in a tabloid, I can't imagine anyone cares or even knows why Hogan was stricken in the first place.

It's just Hogan making a WWE appearance to 99.1% of the people. If WWE didn't release these statements like anyone cares, it'd be another 0.9%.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,820 Posts
The company brings back who they want to bring back and at the end of the day its their decision. Even as a huge Warrior fan I have to admit that his comments were worse than Hogan’s. Yet they are pretending that stuff never happened.
Not only did they pretend they never happened, they went out of their way to mold him as a saint and goodwill ambassador. Then they shoehorned his pearl clutching gold digging wife in as the spokesman for the martyr like figure they created out of him and created the Warrior Award.

The entire Warrior thing was one of WWE's biggest hypocritical and horse blinder moments.. It's seriously disgusting the lengths they went through to erase his past history

·
Registered
486 Posts
I doubt majority of the audience care about him returning. He made racial slurs. Fuck that guy. WWE petty? Please, get out of here with that.
Yea, it's not like he's the biggest wrestler in history or anything like that.

If they announced Hogan was returning it would probably be their highest rated show of the year.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Never been a fan of the guy. Sorry, I understand why people liked/loved him. Just don't get it.

Look at it from the WWE's point of view. What message does it send out, especially with what's going on in the States in regard to race relations, if they essentially say, "he's done his time" and put him on Live National TV? Moral objections aside, the negative publicity Hogan's return will undoubtedly get will outweigh anything positive for the WWE in my opinion and that's what they are the most concerned about.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
I doubt majority of the audience care about him returning. He made racial slurs. Fuck that guy. WWE petty? Please, get out of here with that.
You are greatly underestimating the level of attachment that many children of the 80’s have to the the character Hulk Hogan. I’m fully aware it’s a mixed bag and that some have no interest in forgiving him, but rest assured that there are plenty that would mark the fuck out if his theme song hit.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Never been a fan of the guy. Sorry, I understand why people liked/loved him. Just don't get it.

Look at it from the WWE's point of view. What message does it send out, especially with what's going on in the States in regard to race relations, if they essentially say, "he's done his time" and put him on Live National TV? Moral objections aside, the negative publicity Hogan's return will undoubtedly get will outweigh anything positive for the WWE in my opinion and that's what they are the most concerned about.
What message does it send by banning him from the company forever?

The answer to both questions is the same. There is no message.

It's nothing but politically correct bullshit.

·
Registered
732 Posts
What message does it send by banning him from the company forever?

The answer to both questions is the same. There is no message.

It's nothing but politically correct bullshit.
I guess the message would be, racism isn't OK? No matter how much of a star you are? Lets face it; If this were some career mid carder no one would be batting an eyelid at the fact WWE had blacklisted them.

I appreciate there is a lot of political correctness around but I'm not sure being banned for a racist rant constitutes that. I'm all for giving people second chances, especially after they apologise and express remorse (and he did), I just think it's difficult situation for the WWE.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
And people on these forums think that Vince McMahon is not an utter piece of shit.
That's Vince McMahon for you. He didn't even bother to send an invitation to Vince Russo.

- Vic
I think we as people are forgetting what a heinous thing Hogan did. We live in the era of PC, where declaration of being a racist is a very big deal.

We live in an era where A list celebrities (people with a much higher Q rating than Hogan) are being removed from movies, fired, or downright ostracized just because of some of their personal choices.

I am expecting an argument stating that what they did was more physical, while what Hogan did was more verbal, but the fact of the matter here is that in this era, comments hurt more and can realistically change the way how a company runs.

Hogan had sex with his best friend's wife while he was married to someone else. Not only that, he admitted on tape that he's a racist, and he used his own daughter as a subject matter. Some wrestlers who like him are coming to his aid, but then there are others who say otherwise, and most people will tend to believe that instead.

An argument could be made that he was taped without his knowledge, but here are the real facts. If Hogan acted respectably or watched his P's and minded his Qs, there wouldn't be a bloody sex tape or a racist recording of him to begin with, and none of us would be having this conversation.

Hogan dug his own grave, and now he has to lie in it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I guess the message would be, racism isn't OK? No matter how much of a star you are? Lets face it; If this were some career mid carder no one would be batting an eyelid at the fact WWE had blacklisted them.

I appreciate there is a lot of political correctness around but I'm not sure being banned for a racist rant constitutes that. I'm all for giving people second chances, especially after they apologise and express remorse (and he did), I just think it's difficult situation for the WWE.
So by WWE not having Hogan around, it shows that they are against racism? The same company that gave us Cryme Time? The same company that gave title runs to Jack Swagger and Dean Ambrose but hasn't crowned a black world champion in almost 10 years?

Hogan said those things assuming it was in private. Are you telling me that you've never said anything in private that you would be ashamed to admit if it ever leaked out to the public?

Actions speak louder than words. Everyone has said things. In an industry full of salty shoot interviews and jealous rivals there hadn't been a single racist accusation made against Hogan, not even from the black wrestlers he was routinely in the company of. In fact black wrestlers that actually know him for real have come to his defense.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Not only did they pretend they never happened, they went out of their way to mold him as a saint and goodwill ambassador. Then they shoehorned his pearl clutching gold digging wife in as the spokesman for the martyr like figure they created out of him and created the Warrior Award.

The entire Warrior thing was one of WWE's biggest hypocritical and horse blinder moments.. It's seriously disgusting the lengths they went through to erase his past history
It blows the whole PR argument completely out of the water. There’s no way to get around it. I’m aware that two wrongs don’t make a right, but I don’t think that consistency concerning policy is too much to ask. As you said, Warrior has the whole Warrior award thing going and and even André, who we know has made racist remarks has a battle royal named after him and is the second face you see every time a WWE show opens up. Call a spade a spade. There’s obviously more being held against Hogan than just the comments. We may never know what, but the direct contradictions right there in front of the audience every week aren’t going unnoticed.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.