Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm watching UFC at the moment, and there's sponsors and advertisements everywhere. All over the ring, on the graphics and on the commentary.

The thing is, It's not disrupting the show for me. I'm still watching the fight and the ads are just something going on in the background or if i'm being directly advertised to by the commentators, it's over quickly or it's just plan not obnoxious.

Now, compare that to WWE who's episodes of RAW and Smackdown are sometimes the equivalent of yelling in the viewers face "PLEASE BUY OUR STUFF, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!" and they reek of desperation. Not to mention their really horrible attempts at trying to make themselves look better than the 'competition'. Constantly having 'did you know' where they say they were the most watched show on friday nights or they face millions of facebook followers,or who could forget how they used to market the network "Like Netflix, but better" or when their guests are on, they're not just marketing the product the guests are in, they have to always say they're the best ever (florida georgia line i'm looking at you) it's beyond childish. At times they're like the virgin high school nerd in a teen movie trying to get his dick sucked by anybody.

Would you agree that WWE really need to examine how they advertise to people and not treat their audience like morons or come off as a company which is just thirsty.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I don't like being bombarded with advertisements. It's a real thing, the idea that the less advertising you consume, the healthier your viewing experience is.

So no thanks. Part of why I don't watch UFC, in fact.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Your watching a 3 hr show and you dont want WWE to advertise? Gosh forbid they advertise the network that allows you to watch PPVs 6x cheaper than it used to before OH THE HORROR STOP IT WWE!!!!!

·
on the right track
3,702 Posts
Your watching a 3 hr show and you dont want WWE to advertise? Gosh forbid they advertise the network that allows you to watch PPVs 6x cheaper than it used to before OH THE HORROR STOP IT WWE!!!!!
Okay this was funny. :lol

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
i thought this thread was going to go in a different direction. I was thinking more on the lines of, they need to get in contact with more sponsors to push their superstars.

Daniel Bryan should be on EVERY MOUNTAIN DEW commercial.
Fandango should have been on Kelly and Michael to rip the dancing wit stars contestants
Randy Orton should be at celebrity all-star games

I know it's not entirely up to them, and the sponsors need to be on board, but the first one, Daniel Bryan + diet Mountain Dew......it writes itself.

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You really need to learn how to read. I'm not complaining about the fact that they're advertising, i'm complaining that the way they're doing it is so amateur and comes off as so desperate that it's obnoxious and grating. Good advertising is when it blends in with the show, or you don't really register it. Bad advertising is when you can tell that you're being advertised to and it's obvious and see through. I feel that about 60% of the time i'm watching WWE.

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i thought this thread was going to go in a different direction. I was thinking more on the lines of, they need to get in contact with more sponsors to push their superstars.

Fandango should have been on Kelly and Michael to rip the dancing wit stars contestants

I know it's not entirely up to them, and the sponsors need to be on board, but the first one, Daniel Bryan + diet Mountain Dew......it writes itself.
This is also true, they really need to associate themselves with quality products. Have some sort of quality control, it does feel like they'll tie themselves to anyone who has the faintest sense of 'celebrity'.

I remember hearing times when wwe were angry that cm punk booked himself on Talking dead or when popular sponsors came to him to advertise, wwe were like 'nah' or wanted to persuade the company that wanted to sponsor punk to have a different superstar like sheamus or big show or rey mysterio. I mean, wtf?! You have companies coming to you for a specific superstar and you're saying 'nah you dont want this guy, you want this guy instead'.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I don't like being bombarded with advertisements. It's a real thing, the idea that the less advertising you consume, the healthier your viewing experience is.

:HA:chlol:yay2
You killed me

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'm an advertising student... How WWE conduct themselves from an advertising stand point is horrendous. They compromise their own product to sell someone else's product, network, or hashtag trends. In a 3 hour show, we only have about an hour worth on genuine WWE content, which itself is an advert for the next PPV.

It's all about getting that green now

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm an advertising student... How WWE conduct themselves from an advertising stand point is horrendous. They compromise their own product to sell someone else's product, network, or hashtag trends. In a 3 hour show, we only have about an hour worth on genuine WWE content, which itself is an advert for the next PPV.

THIS.

It's embarrassing and amateur.

Just have some self respect and know when to advertise to people and when to focus on your show.

60,006 Posts

I'm with mansofa on this.

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts

I thought this thread was going to be about something similar. I remember as kid walking into the grocery store and Austin, Rock, Taker, Mankind & Chyna to an extent were on TV Guide magazines constantly. Mankind was on Chef Boy R Dee products. You just don't see that now or is it because I'm older and get my groceries delivered? LOL

·
Registered
1,593 Posts

didnt x pac have a sponsorship deal with an energy drink lol

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Advertising is all about making money. If they want to advertise more, there's a couple quick fixes:

Less recaps during RAW and Smackdown, replace with straight-up ads or show advertisement skits featuring the wrestlers during the show.

Have superstars other than Bork Lesnar wear sponsored attire.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

No fight going on?

Looks like an opportunity

to plug Boost Mobile Joe!

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
This is a topic that shouldn't be discussed at all. You and majority of fans know nothing about marketing, especially compared to WWE. They're doing a fine job..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts