Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/article/wwe-nine-network-broadcast-agreement-announcement

Source: WWE.com

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA and STAMFORD, Conn. – WWE and Nine Network today announced it has reached a new agreement to broadcast weekly one-hour versions of WWE’s flagship programs, Raw and SmackDown, in Australia on Nine Network channel 9Go! Starting this week, 9Go! will televise a one-hour edition of Raw on Thursdays at 11 p.m., and a one-hour edition of SmackDown on Fridays immediately following the conclusion of 9Go!’s Friday Night Movie.

“We are thrilled to add another best-in-class TV partner to our roster in Australia to deliver content to our fans,” said Michelle Wilson, WWE Chief Revenue & Marketing Officer. “Our partnership with Nine Network enables us to expand our reach in Australia and complements our live programming in the region.”

In addition to this new agreement with Nine Network, WWE recently announced it will extend its parrtnership with Foxtel to broadcast WWE programming live in Australia. Foxtel's FOX8 televises Raw live on Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., and SmackDown LIVE on Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 12 noon.

·
The Mister Abigail Experience
🦶🦶👏 🦶🦶👏 🦶🦶👏 🦶🦶👏
6,382 Posts
....So not even the whole show? Several days later? What is the fucking point of that?

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope this doesn't change the way Australian's are able to access the WWE Network natively, like it did in Canada with the 'Rogers' agreement.

·
The Mister Abigail Experience
🦶🦶👏 🦶🦶👏 🦶🦶👏 🦶🦶👏
6,382 Posts
I hope this doesn't change the way Australian's are able to access the WWE Network natively, like it did in Canada with the 'Rogers' agreement.
It'd be a shame if someone committed some c̶r̶i̶m̶a̶z̶ crimes to get it.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
....So not even the whole show? Several days later? What is the fucking point of that?
Pay TV is extremely expensive in Australia and previously WWE was only accesible on Pay TV.

This new deal allows them to continue with their previous deal and gives further access to their product to a wider range of viewers through free tv.

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
I like the idea of Raw condensed to one hour. Realistically with the time difference I'll be using my usual sites to watch either live or an hour or two after the shows have been on, but it's nice to have an option there.

Pay TV is literally the worst in Australia. I'm using a Foxtel Now free trial at the moment, mostly to watch GoT and Raw is there as well, but even that seemingly bastardised version of Foxtel is pretty costly, I believe (it's not even my own account for the free trial, sharing with a mate, so dunno too much about it haha).

·
Registered
75 Posts
I live in Australia and I pay $26/ Month pretty much to be able to watch all of Raw and Smackdown which 90% of the time I fast forward through most of it because i'm too busy...I also subscribe to the network which i'm watching less and less of lately... writing both those sentences made me realise how stupid I am...fml

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,397 Posts
Time to push Emma.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
This'll go the way of WWE Afterburn and other wrestling programs in Aus aka die.
Exactly this, can't see it lasting long either tbh, since most fans just stream it or watch the full show on Foxtel anyway (which is ridiculously overpriced here in Australia, btw). Not to mention Go! is in SD and is one of the Nine Network's 'garbage' channels full of old shows and reruns.

So yeah, really nothing to see here.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
That's some primetime stuff right there.

Not.

·
Superintendent of the Sacred Coffeechamber
2,671 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts