Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
I'm not a huge Aleister Black fan but i'd happily accept into the main event, because we need to give new guys a chance at it. We need an actual main event division, a group of guys that they can rotate in the main event feuds.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,445 Posts
That's a Shame but they aren't using him properly right now he has the tools to work a fleshed out Heel character just look at his work last year where some thought he was on the verge of turning Heel after moving to Smackdown, You build him up undefeated during most of his run then create a faction that emphasizes his dominance making him a prominent fixture as a Leader in similar vein to Seth with his own disciples.

It's not hard to utilize him and it shouldn't be a size issue.

·
#WWELogic
3,854 Posts
What a SHOCKER.......

#WWELogic & #OldManVince managed to screw up anther NXT talent, they FUCKED this up........

I'm NOT saying he's the next Taker, they'll never be but he could have been SOOOO damn close to Ministry Taker but NOPE it's the NXT demotion to the main roster well at least will always have the NXT run.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,385 Posts
WrestlingNews.co was told last year that Vince McMahon wasn’t a huge fan of Aleister Black but he was going to wait things out to see if Heyman could turn him into a top star.
The biggest thing Vince can do, is investing TV time into a wrestler. So I highly doubt Vince disliked Aleister from beginning and put one year of TV time into him. That is .... sorry ... ridiculous. Also Vince won`t wait until Heyman is gone, it is his fkn company and Heyman is just working for him.
Maybe Black needs a OP or therapy or something, or wanted to stay away for reasons we don`t know.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I knew as soon as Paul got canned from creative that Black was doomed from there. Vince McMahon doesn't like creating new stars and Black sadly will be one of those dudes that never got a fair shot at being a main eventer even though is a solid good wrestler that has it all. Fuck Vince.
I’m very happy I hope Black gets released. He is an absolute geek and why this forum has such a thing for this boring geek is beyond me

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Sounds like he's going to be yet another victim of WWE booking.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Good wrestler but that is it really, he really needs something unique about his character for him to truly stand out (loads of tattoos doesnt count) but that could be said for a lot of wrestlers these days on the main roster, seems like vince has really lost that midas touch to create those standout great character like he had done for so long.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Seems like the Finn Balor career path is going to become the new normal...that'll help NXT beat AEW if guys go to the main roster, gain a following then go back to NXT

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Theres no.mystique kn a 5'10 guy, but he can be a technical god like a kurt angle o chris benoit, no mystique just skills.. Buddy Murphy has that..

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
As it was first reported by Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio and in last week’s newsletter, Aleister Black has been written off WWE TV and it’s not known at this time when he will be back.

There have been reports online suggesting that McMahon has given up on Black but those reports are not correct.

talkSPORT’s Alex McCarthy is reporting that McMahon is a “huge fan” of Tom Budgen, the man who portrays the Aleister Black character.

A WWE source told McCarthy that “Vince is a huge fan of the performer – and of Tommy. Size. Agility. Skill. But he is worried the character is a gimmick and will limit him.”

It is not a secret that Black was one of the guys that was being pushed by Paul Heyman. The source said that Black “drank the Heyman kool aid” and he was disappointed when Heyman was removed from his position as the head of creative.

It looks like the decision to remove Black from TV has more to do with giving him a new coat of paint and, as McCarthy noted, any notion that McMahon is giving up on him is “absolute nonsense.”
Source: Backstage news on why Vince McMahon pulled Aleister Black off WWE TV | Wrestling News

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Great news. Aleisters a great talent and could be used much better. Him and Rollins should have an interesting program together.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Good. Not a difference maker in my opinion. Was booked well, had a unique gimmick and a knockout finisher. Than they put him with Rey Mysterio and made him speak too much. I saw a YouTube video with him and his wife. It made me cringe and put me off him instantly. He should stay away from that.

·
Registered
186 Posts
He's doomed. Vince liking the guy doesn't change anything - he simply doesn't get the act and will water down everything that made him unique. Then he'll give up on him when he doesn't get over.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Black has the most wins on tv in 2020 on the entire roster. By quite some way as well.

Who thought beating jobbers every week would make you so uninteresting?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Great, this is what was needed. Even this past Monday with him in his street clothes made a huge difference. He needs a new look. Just like Buddy Murphy got a tweaked look and it works for him.

·
HEADBANGA
22,419 Posts
I wonder what plans Vince has for him.... Black getting mixed up with Rollins/Rey certainly brought him further down the card.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts