Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moving forward, it will be interesting to see how some of Paul Heyman-backed wrestlers fare now that Heyman is not handling the creative on Monday Night Raw.

Dave Meltzer noted in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Seth Rollins’ curb stomp and post-match attack last week on Raw on Aleister Black was written as an injury angle but it’s not a cover a for a real-life storyline. After the match, Black was beaten by Rollins and Murphy when they wrapped his arm around the ring post. They attack continued when they smashed his arm on the announcer’s table.

In other words, unless things change, Black is being taken off TV for a while. WrestlingNews.co was told last year that Vince McMahon wasn’t a huge fan of Aleister Black but he was going to wait things out to see if Heyman could turn him into a top star. Others in the company believe Black has all the tools to be a top guy in the company.

Meltzer noted in the Observer that now with Heyman not running creative, Black is unlikely to be pushed as a top star like Heyman wanted.

There are other names to look out for. Some notable Heyman-backed wrestlers include Shayna Baszler, The Viking Raiders, The Street Profits and Bobby Lashley. Of all of the names mentioned, Lashley seems to be destined for a main event push at some point. For years, Lashley has been pushing for a match with Brock Lesnar.
Source: WWE Raw wrestler written out of storylines, no longer being pushed as a top star | Wrestling News

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Black is...fine. Good look, but he doesn't really work to his gimmick. He's too flippy and indy for a dude that really feels like he should just kick ass. He really does need to be incubated some more. He actually reminds me of Edge in 2002, as weird as that sounds. A tag team with Rey Mysterio or Ricochet (again) could be fun and allow him to eventually find some bass.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
He has a Kenny Omega bootleg move set and no charisma or story telling abilities in the ring. I don't really know how good on the mic he is. Not at all surprised that the bloom is off the rose.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
9,782 Posts
Oh fu*k off. You have to push somebody at some point you have no freaking main eventers and Black was an awesome candidate for one. Drew has no main event opponents. If Orton wins the title, he will also be in a place where he has no main event opponents. Are we really gonna pass up Black vs McIntyre, Black vs Orton, Black vs Mysterio, Black vs KO, Black vs Lesnar etc. Those are all great, fresh programs they could run.

It's not even about pushing the guy who has the most charisma or the guy who draws the most cable viewers anymore. We are past that point. They just need to start pushing people. Anyone. Push Black. Push Almas. Push Garza. Push Lashley more. Take KO seriously for once. Just build up stars FFS. There's no one to root for on the show or get invested in. Black was the hottest prospect they had on RAW and now they're pulling the plug? They literally have no stars. So now what? Re-insert an undeserving Rollins back in the title scene? Lol, whatever. Fuckin braindead company.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Black and Andrade as a heel tag team could be where it’s at. Put them with Charlotte and Angel Garza and you’ve got yourself the makings of a great heel stable.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,518 Posts
I knew as soon as Paul got canned from creative that Black was doomed from there. Vince McMahon doesn't like creating new stars and Black sadly will be one of those dudes that never got a fair shot at being a main eventer even though is a solid good wrestler that has it all. Fuck Vince.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
If you can't play the generic face or generic heel role that everyone on the main roster plays, then Vince has no use for you. Triple H seems to find ways to play to guys strengths. Vince just wants to create his own characters and shove random bodies into those roles without even taking the time to get to know what they are all about.

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
They just pulled the rug right out from under Black, didn't they. He went from being pushed like they wanted to make him a top star to being in a tag team with Humberto Carrillo to now being off of television completely.

·
Registered
24,397 Posts
Black's run so far has been an, well, interesting one to say the least.

Because if you look at his win/loss record, he's damn near undefeated after being on the main roster for a a year and a half. His only losses have come to AJ Styles in a Gauntlet match after he already beat Gallows and Anderson. And the other loss came this Monday to Seth after plenty of help with Buddy. So he's had a great deal of protection.

But on the other hand, he's never really had is own story beside the Buddy feud in late 2019 / early 2020. In 2019, he was stuck in a closet for months before beating Cesaro. Then he beats some jobbers or did nothing until December where he worked with Buddy, where he beat him every time. Then he had the AJ story in February where he was basically just used as the guy to face AJ before Taker. And in the last few months he's basically been Rey's sidekick.

So, I don't know where he goes from here. I'm not convinced he's dead in the water but at the same time he won't be doing anything of great value in the near future either.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Good. He was not connecting with the general audience. Let him take 3-4weeks off, change up his attire, let Booker T, Mark Henry, JBL work with him on character development, tone down the flips and kicks. He should be able to come back and work a program with Seth.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
is it because he looks out of shape ? I would have liked to see him get pushed more but the way they book him is terrible and his character I don't think should be cutting promos regularly.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I think they should have ran with him in a cult-like stable instead of Rollins. He has that creepy look and he could be the leader but be a man of few words and could even have a mouthpiece like a Drake Maverick. Giving Drake something to do and I feel like he could do well there in a spot like that. Although pairing him with Zelina may not be bad either. He would need someone bigger as an enforcer/muscle spot.

·
Angry at refs
3,222 Posts
Black is...fine. Good look, but he doesn't really work to his gimmick. He's too flippy and indy for a dude that really feels like he should just kick ass. He really does need to be incubated some more. He actually reminds me of Edge in 2002, as weird as that sounds. A tag team with Rey Mysterio or Ricochet (again) could be fun and allow him to eventually find some bass.
Except 2002 Edge had charisma.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
His character doesn't work in main roster,too many talents and most of them need tv time appearance since WWE unable to held live event, plus the size is matter, his height won't problem since he have standard height for wrestler, no need muscle buff like Cena, just workout his trapezius muscle and a little bit chest part, he would look huge.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts