Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else going to this house show?,

I managed to get a really good ticket when they went on sale months back and traveled up from Torquay today to spend the day in Nottingham before.

1st show since Rebellion 2002 I have been too and cant wait!.

Looking forward to seeing who is coming over and more important to get an eye full of Maryse!. Who else on here is going to the Nottingham show tomorrow?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was there this evening (7th)! Decent show, main event was The Miz v John Cena (Miz tapped out of STF), which followed Randy Orton v Wade Barret for the WWE Championship refereed by Cenan which seemed kind of pointless as thats the main event at SS. Anyway Cena basically let Orton win. Got some decent footage which I will post on youtube in the next couple of days.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
^I don't know where you were this evening..The Miz grabbed the ropes on the STF, and then hit his head off the unpadded turnbuckle, then Cena hit the FU for the win.

William Regal vs Daniel Bryan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Miz and Wade Barrett on the mic getting heat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The hotness of Maryse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
627 Posts
I read Orton "cheated"Wade to win and also no RKO?I bet they just changed the finish to the match since its been the same finish each show of the tour so far.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I read Orton "cheated"Wade to win and also no RKO?I bet they just changed the finish to the match since its been the same finish each show of the tour so far.
I really hated the ending. Wade bumped the ref. Hit Orton with the belt. Wade ordered Cena down to be the ref. Cena came down, and Wade told him to hit Orton with a chair. After a long while, he refused. Orton did a couple of reversals, and then hit him with what seemed to be a running shoulder block, for the win. The only bit I hated was that the same shoulder block type move had been used through the whole match and Barrett got straight up from it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah disappointed by no RKO, thought that would have finished it...the shoulder charge looked lame as did the hit with the belt...video later today..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I found myself pretty bored throughout. The matches were pretty dire with the exception of Morrison/Sheamus. Maryse looked unbelievable, but she always makes a quick exit :sad: I'm more excited for a TV taping, though the time restraints are ridiculous.

·
Banned
234 Posts
I went, it was good fun. Kids going ballistic for John Cena who got by far the biggest pop of the night ahead of Orton and then Santino.

Miz cut an epic promo and Alex Riley did well on the mic too.

Morrison / Sheamus was match of the night with Jomo once again proving that he is an incredible in ring performer.

Orton / Barrett was pretty dull but picked up once Orton made his comeback

Bryan / Regal was really technically sound but you could hear a penny drop in places. Shame that mainstream audiences don't like actual, properly developed wrestling anymore.

Main event with John Cena / Miz was very enjoyable and went a good length of time.

Hearing the sound of the bumps you really appreciate just how tough the sport is and you forget just how huge these guys are when you seem them up close.

Overall because they were just allowed to wrestle this was miles better than recent editions of Raw.

Funniest moment was when a kid in front of me turned to his mother and went "Never give up mom" during the John Cena match. Kid deserved a slap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts