Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE.com posted an article earlier this weekend that is now describing Monday's match between Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler as a non-title match.

"WWE Champion Drew McIntyre agreed to face Dolph Ziggler in a non-title rematch, but this time, he gets to choose the stipulation," WWE.com writes.

As noted, this match was originally scheduled to see Drew McIntyre defend his WWE Championship against Ziggler in a match where Drew chooses the stipulation right before the match begins. For whatever reason, WWE has apparently changed direction and won't have the WWE title on the line.

WWE's "The Horror Show at Extreme Rules" pay-per-view last Sunday saw McIntyre retain his title over Ziggler. Ziggler got to pick the stipulation for that match, but didn't reveal it until right before the match began. Ziggler went with an Extreme Rules stipulation, but only for him.

Stay tuned for updates on RAW, which was taped last week at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando.
Source: WWE RAW Match Between Drew McIntyre And Dolph Ziggler Is Now Non-Title - Wrestling Inc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,524 Posts
Hopefully it means Zigglers going over then. They just dont want Dolph as Champion but this way he can win without dethroning their dull clone.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
My guess is that McIntyre will make it no-DQ so he can fuck Ziggler up like he wanted to at Extreme Rules but Orton will come out and fuck him up.

Question is why is Ziggler showing up for this match at all if it's non-title? McIntyre just killed him when the deck was heavily stacked for Ziggler. Why is he willing to have a match that is a level-playing field at best, and may well be heavily stacked against him? At least with the title on the line it makes sense for him to want the match, maybe he gets lucky or something, but what's in it for him now?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Jesus Christ. Am I the only one that thinks if a singles champion is in anything other than a tag match it should always be for the title?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Without Ziggler Mcintyre would be stuck in NXT jobbing to Adam Cole. The least he can do is put Ziggler over. Again.

·
Southern Pride
3,502 Posts
I'll be surprised if Ziggler gets an actual win out of it, but they may do it (with the help from Orton) just to actually give Ziggler something for when he loses to his next opponent. That finish would make sense and it wouldn't hurt McIntyre if Orton gets involved.

My guess is that McIntyre will make it no-DQ so he can fuck Ziggler up like he wanted to at Extreme Rules but Orton will come out and fuck him up.

Question is why is Ziggler showing up for this match at all if it's non-title? McIntyre just killed him when the deck was heavily stacked for Ziggler. Why is he willing to have a match that is a level-playing field at best, and may well be heavily stacked against him? At least with the title on the line it makes sense for him to want the match, maybe he gets lucky or something, but what's in it for him now?
Desperation to prove that he is as great as he claims to be. I got that vibe on RAW last week. That he just wants to beat McIntyre because he believes that he made McIntyre successful.

Reactions: Mahmenn

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
But what's the point of Ziggler going over? Such a waste it will be
The point is they can bring him into another title match (which he will lose) whenever they need it. They´ll just say a former WWE champion with a win over Drew, and he´s ready to go.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Well this is pretty stupid. But I guess it would've been just as stupid to have the title on the line again. Meh.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,517 Posts
First the said it would be a title match on TV this past Raw and now they are advertising it as a non title match. Man, this is why people are turning out on this company

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,524 Posts
But what's the point of Ziggler going over? Such a waste it will be
Because Drew is terrible, simple as that.

Having your champ lose on free tv is dumb as fuck. Even worst if he loses while picking his stipulation.
Pushing so many charisma vacuums into the Main Event is dumb as fuck but WWE love to do that.

·
Premium Member
12,029 Posts
McIntyre will try to hit a Claymore, run into an RKO OUTTA NOWHERE~! and Ziggler will steal the pin.

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
Yeah, it sucks that it's not a title match anymore but it probably just means that Dolph will somehow win due to possible interference, everyone is hoping Orton gets involved to set up Drew/Orton at SummerSlam and i'd have no problem with that. I'm expecting another solid Drew/Dolph match though, they won't disappoint. A win would be good for Dolph too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts