Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the show in Birmingham yesterday night, so thought I'd report back on the goings on!

I missed R-Truths entrance whilst getting a Sheamus shirt...not a big loss.

R-Truth Defeated Alex Riley

- Really short opener which the crowd was a little quite for the action. Once the crowd realised who Riley was (His music is kind of generic) he got some great heat though. R-Truth won with his terrible finisher...nobody knew it was going to be the finish either.

Santino/Kozlov defeated The Uso's

- Santino got a big pop, and surprisingly The Uso's got some pretty good heat too. The match was basic, but the crowd was into it and cheered on the hot tag. Santino won with a double cobra on both of the Uso's to win with a big pop from the crowd. Santino's really fun to watch live.

Ezekiel Jackson defeated Zach Ryder

- Pretty much a squash match. Zeke didn't get much of a reaction, but again surprisingly Ryder got some good heat. Zeke got a cheer when he won though.

Daniel Bryan defeated William Regal for the US Title

- Both guys got kind of quite reactions on their entrances, Bryan got the bigger pop but once the match got started Regal got the better reception. There were duelling chants a lot of the match but Regal was getting the bigger face reaction I think. Bryan seemed to me like he was playing a slight heel role. The match was pretty good, a little slow but some good technical wrestling. Bryan won with the Labelle Lock which actually got him some pretty big heat. Regal raised his hand at the end though.

Randy Orton defeated Wade Barrett for the WWE Championship

- I thought it was a little early for the title match and it should have gone last but still. Wade Barrett came out to MASSIVE heat from the crowd, he cut a promo mentioning that he was from the 'greatest city in the universe, Manchester' which got even more heat. Orton then came out, to what I would say was the pop of the night, it was huge. The crowd were hot for this match, lots of 'RKO' and 'Orton' chants going around. We had a referee bump, Barrett demanded Cena come out to referee, he did to another massive pop. However when Barrett was arguing with Cena, Orton hit the RKO for the three count. Pretty good match though.

Randy Orton took his time greeting the fans, including a man in a wheelchair which I thought was really good of him.

INTERMISSION

Eve and The Bellas defeated Maryse/Alicia/Tamina

- They pretty much killed the crowd to be honest. Nobody cares at all which was expected. The highlight was a nice northern lights suplex from Alicia. The faces won...I don't remember how.

Sheamus defeated John Morrison

- Sheamus came out to some good heat, but got a fair share of cheers thrown in there too, big pop for Morrison on his entrance. The match was a little slow at first, and the crowd (killed by the DIVAS) had some trouble getting into it at first. They liked both Sheamus and Morrison ut the match picked up big time and they got behind Morrison well. It was match of the night and the last seven or eight minutes were fantastic. Morrison hit his ankle on the ring post and did an awesome sell job the entire way through the match. Sheamus ended up winning with the Brogue kick. After the match, Morrison stood up and got an ovation as he headed to the back (still selling) and greeting the fans.

John Cena defeated The Miz

- Suprising main evnet I thought. Miz came out to some good heat and Riley got on the mic cutting a promo on how he does everything for the Miz including folding his underwear...interesting. Miz bragged a lot, and did his catchphrase. That made me realise that people do in fact say 'awful' and not 'awesome' to reapeat it. The match was pretty good, as most Miz/Cena matches are. Crowd loved Cena and gave Miz some great heat through the match. In the end, Cena won with the FU to a massive pop. Good end although I would have preferred the title match to end the show.

Overall this was a quality house show. The crowd were hot for the majority of the card (a lot better than the Newcastle show I went to in April) and a lot of the matches were pretty good (Morrison/Sheamus, Barrett/Orton, Cena/Miz and Bryan/Regal in particular)

Also, not sure if it's because the purple shirts aren't as noticeable but there didn't seem to be as many around as last time. I'm sure I saw more with Orton shirts on, a lot of Nexus shirts and a fair few Miz shirts around too.

BIGGEST POPS

1. Randy Orton
2. John Cena
3. John Morrison/Santino

BIGGEST HEAT

1. Wade Barrett (by far)
2. Sheamus during his match
3. Bryan after winning his match.

Reactions: P.Smith

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I'm really suprised that Barrett is getting so much heat, maybe its that they never play on his being British like they do Regal

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm really suprised that Barrett is getting so much heat, maybe its that they never play on his being British like they do Regal
It's not like he got any kind of cheer no his entrance either though. He notied he was from Manchester. He got massive heat throughout his entrance and the entire match from where I was sitting, only a few guys near me chanting for him.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
How is it surprising that Barrett is getting heat?? He's going to other area's celebrating he's from Manchester. Everyone hates Manchester (unless your from it.)

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,977 Posts
this Sheamus/Morrison program could be good for the both of them, im surprise that it was match of the night, wasn't it the same situation yesterday?

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
How is it surprising that Barrett is getting heat?? He's going to other area's celebrating he's from Manchester. Everyone hates Manchester (unless your from it.)
well yeah - but he's a real chance of becoming a British Champion

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Alex Riley getting a single match? Interesting. I wonder if he will finally get a Raw contract soon. I thought Ezekiel Jackson was injured again based on the report of previous house show i forgot where, that seems not to be case here.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
Yeh great show, the crowd was definitely at it's loudest when Barrett first came out (ridiculously loud boos) and a massive pop for Randy Orton (kids sing his theme song uswell apparently. I would say that Sheamus/Morrison was MOTN with Bryan/Regal a close second, tremendous selling by Morrison of his ankle injury in the last 5 mins.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
I went too, I had the best seat in the house imo. Thought the match of the night was Sheamus/Morrison.

Here's a vid of Barrett & Orton's Entrance plus Barretts promo: Sorry about the quality I only had my iphone

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,081 Posts
Sounds like a real blast of a show. Thanks for the report, NJ88, hope it was as fun as it sounded.

Diva matches do kill crowds, though.

I'm not in any way, shape or form surprised that Sheamus/Morrison continues being the MOTN at almost all house shows right now. It was plain as day they had instant chemistry in their Falls Count Anywhere Raw match a couple months back. It makes perfect sense that their respective styles would complement one another terrifically. I'm excited about this feud.

Also hope they make Regal/Bryan a real TV/PPV feud for the next couple of months or so. Please, please, please, WWE, don't just tease this and not deliver.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was kinda catchy...but a bit generic lol. Hope he gets something different soon, you had great seats, I'm hoping to get some good ones for when they come back in April.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Yeah I was lucky, I bought a ticket off ebay 3 days before, and it came through the post yesterday!

Im glad they are coming in April because they didn't this year. Plus it gives us the chance to see the likes of Punk, Jericho & HHH once they are back. (if its raw)

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How much did you pay for it?

Yeh, will try go see RAW in April. Was disapointed Punk got injured so close to it. Will be awesome to have a show with Orton, Barrett, Cena, Trips, Jericho, Miz, Sheamus, Punk and Morrison in it, would be loaded. So glad I went for a RAW one, the Smackdown ones don't exactly look great...I live in Cumbria so have to travel around to go to these things, was my first time in Birmingham! lol So I'll go whereever RAW goes in April! :p

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
R-Truth Defeated Alex Riley

- Really short opener which the crowd was a little quite for the action. Once the crowd realised who Riley was (His music is kind of generic) he got some great heat though. R-Truth won with his terrible finisher...nobody knew it was going to be the finish either.
Hopefully, we get to see Alex Riley in singles or tag team action on Raw soon.

R-Truth's finisher is really depressing. It does not only make him look bad but his opponents as well, since they have to lie down for the 3-count for such a move.

Ezekiel Jackson defeated Zach Ryder

- Pretty much a squash match. Zeke didn't get much of a reaction, but again surprisingly Ryder got some good heat. Zeke got a cheer when he won though.
It really saddens me to see and read that such a talented and charismatic guy like Zack Ryder gets jobbed out on an almost daily basis. Here's to hope there'll be light at the end of the tunnel for him at some point. I can't believe that the WWE doesn't see potential in this guy.

Daniel Bryan defeated William Regal for the US Title
I'd approve of an actual feud between these too. Story- and matchwise this could be interesting.

Sheamus defeated John Morrison
Sheamus vs. JoMo defenitely belongs on the Survivor Series card.

- Suprising main evnet I thought. Miz came out to some good heat and Riley got on the mic cutting a promo on how he does everything for the Miz including folding his underwear...interesting.
These kind of bits need to make it on Raw as well. xD

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
How much did you pay for it?

Yeh, will try go see RAW in April. Was disapointed Punk got injured so close to it. Will be awesome to have a show with Orton, Barrett, Cena, Trips, Jericho, Miz, Sheamus, Punk and Morrison in it, would be loaded. So glad I went for a RAW one, the Smackdown ones don't exactly look great...I live in Cumbria so have to travel around to go to these things, was my first time in Birmingham! lol So I'll go whereever RAW goes in April! :p
Payed £80 on ebay, the ticket value was £45. It was worth it due to how close I was. R-Truth, Santino, Eve, Bellas, Cena all tagged my hand. Well Cena didn't but I sort of reached out for his arm, when he was standing next to us lol.

By April the Smackdown shows should be better with returning stars such as Christian & Undertaker.

Quote:

- Suprising main evnet I thought. Miz came out to some good heat and Riley got on the mic cutting a promo on how he does everything for the Miz including folding his underwear...interesting.

These kind of bits need to make it on Raw as well. xD
He also said if you want to go on a date with The Miz, you have to go with Alex Riley first, and you have to pay for everything lol

·
Registered
887 Posts
I was meant to go to this but my mate bailed so I had to sell the tickets on ebay! Looks a good show, Barrett got great heat it seems!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts