Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
What's funny about it? He pinned the WWE champ on Raw, while all Punk has done lately is commentate and attack Cena with a chair, and Nexus all got destroyed by one man at the last PPV :p. As for Swagger... the fuck has he done since winning the WHC and losing it months ago? :p

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
since its weekly, im not surprise. Lawler pinned the wwe champion, nexus was nowhere to be seen, punk did have a small impact which will lead to something big and swagger.........well yeah.

·
Banned
177 Posts
my opinion on this is that wwe.com all does who run that site are all morons they dont even know what to do to keep people from goin to that site all the list they do are all mess up

wrestlingforum.com >>>> wweuniverse.com >>> wwe.com

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I'm surprised anyone takes the WWE power ranks seriously anymore. That being said, if Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair were ranked in TNA rankings and pinned the champion, this forum would be up in arms. But because Lawler does it (who is older than Flair BTW) there are no complaints. Sometimes I just don't understand the IWC at all.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But because Lawler does it (who is older than Flair BTW) there are no complaints.
Lawler is younger than flair. You really should l2wiki before you make a fool of yourself.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As for Swagger... the fuck has he done since winning the WHC and losing it months ago? :p
Put on consistently good matches;)

I'm confused, are you arguing from a kayfabe viewpoint, or are you genuinely unable to distinguish between a wrestlers ability and a wrestlers ability as portrayed on the show?

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
WWE.com's Power 25 is entirely KAYFABE~! so I was arguing from a kayfabe point of view that Lawler being so high isn't crazy at all. Besides, non keyfabe Lawler can work way better than Nexus.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I'm surprised anyone takes the WWE power ranks seriously anymore. That being said, if Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair were ranked in TNA rankings and pinned the champion, this forum would be up in arms. But because Lawler does it (who is older than Flair BTW) there are no complaints. Sometimes I just don't understand the IWC at all.
Did you honestly miss the complaining about that? There was a fairly big shitstorm of anger.

There's also the fact that Lawler is obviously just part of a larger issue, following on from the Piper's Pit promo on Raw, which is basically painting The Miz as an 'unworthy champion' who somehow keeps retaining the belt. It's a pretty simple heel tactic. Heaven forbid, if Hogan pinned Hardy on an episode of Impact, it'd be a whole different story. For one thing, Hogan can barely move. It'd also come across as, and almost certainly be, a complete ego boost for him, and one that wouldn't benefit the company, and wouldn't help put Hardy over as a bigger heel at all.

In regards to the bolded bit- did anyone EVER take the power rankings seriously? Wrestling's a fucking work, and that includes the WWE's official website. Surprised people don't cotton onto that fact.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Didn't they do a 10 most shocking list a while back, and number 7 was Big Show & Kane winning the Tag Titles?

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Why are people questioning this? The P25 list is always kayfabe. And, in kayfabe, Lawler was about to become WWE Champion before Michael Cole stepped in.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
lol Power 25 is a kayfabe list and it makes complete fucking sense.

Jerry Lawler - pinned the goddamn WWE champion.

Punk - hits a guy with a chair a couple times
Nexus - wtf? they've been getting shit on for months and they didn't even show up on monday
Swagger - WHAT HAS SWAGGER DONE? he loses a lot.

gotta be honest, kind of a stupid thread here. it makes complete sense.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts