Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been fiddling with an equation that rates the wrestlers, purely based on match results (Opposed to the lousy WWE Power 25 ranking). The factors in the equation may not be entirely balanced, as the importance of the factors are subjectively defined (by me, and a few friends) and should therefore not be taken too serious :p The purpose of the equation is to show who is currently the best, and therefore rates recent match results higher, than older ones.

Matches that are rated:
Monday Night Raw, Friday Night Smackdown, WWE Superstars and every WWE PPV.

The equation is based on the FIFA World Rankings equation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Rankings).

Factors taken into account:
- Match Result (Win, Draw, Loss, etc)
- Match Type (Singles competition, Tag Team, Handicap, etc)
- Match Location (Monday Night Raw, B-PPV, A-PPV, ect)
- Match Importance (Ex: WWE Championship match)
- Strength of Opponent (Opponent current rank)
- Date of Match (The older the match, the lower the value of the match)

--
Standings May 2012:

Nr/Name/Points/Win/Draw/Loss*:
1. CM Punk(c) (16035), 10-3-8
2. Sheamus(c) (14484), 21-0-7
3. Daniel Bryan (9741), 11-5-7
4. Big Showv(9456), 17-0-10
5. Santino(c) (8979), 15-0-11
6. Mark Henry (8693), 11-2-11
7. Dolph Ziggler (6390), 7-0-17
8. Randy Orton (6075), 9-3-2
9. Cody Rhodes(c) (6030), 6-0-16
10. Jack Swagger (5767), 8-1-13
11. Brodus Clay (4958), 15-0-0
12. Alberto Del Rio (4810), 3-0-3
13. Kane (4604), 7-1-4
14. Chris Jericho (4453), 7-0-5
15. Kofi Kingston (4335), 10-0-15
16. John Cena (4541), 6-2-4
17. David Otunga (3991), 8-0-7
18. The Miz (3972), 3-0-16
19. R-Truth (3524), 10-0-14
20. The Great Khali (3076), 9-0-6
21. Drew McIntyre (2756), 3-0-10
22. Ryback (2300), 5-0-0
23. The Rock (1905), 1-0-0
24. Zack Ryder (1844), 4-0-7
25. Epico (1710), 10-0-6

--
*The win/draw/loss is only results from matches in 2012

I'll be happy to show the entire equation, if anyone should be the enterested in how it works, or if anyone of you should be interested in helping me valuing each of the factors :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Nice, looks like you put some hard work into this. I take it you're not adding Undertaker? Now i'm being really picky but shouldn't Y2J have a draw as he didn't technically "lose" at The Elimination Chamber.

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Very interesting - would be nice to see how you got to Ryback x 5 wins against unranked jobbers = above the Rock with 1 x win against 16th ranked Cena - but with match importance being at the most points possible I would imagine.

Good stuff - I love things like this.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Very interesting - would be nice to see how you got to Ryback x 5 wins against unranked jobbers = above the Rock with 1 x win against 16th ranked Cena - but with match importance being at the most points possible I would imagine.

That was the other thing i was going to raise, surely that 1 match trumps pretty much everything. That being said should Rock even be in this when he's only part time?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I set the other 5 in the elimination chamber as losers of thematch, as they did not win :p ..i value no-contest as a draw..

And yeah Ryback is a stupid matter, because the jobbers practically has no value.. But atm i value each wrestler ranked 25+ equal.. :p

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The Rock:
1 x (Singles Victory, Mania Match, No chamionship match, Opponent rank atm 14, Date penalty)

Ryback:
4 x (singles victoy, Smackdown Match, No chamionship match, Opponent rank 25+)
1 x (handicap victory, extreme rules, No chamionship match, Opponents ranks 25+)

- The major factors are the date penalty the rock has (Mania is over a month away), and the fact that Ryback won a Handicap match at the extreme rules

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
That seems to make more sense than whatever bullshit formula the WWE uses.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
How is it possible for McIntyre to even be in this thing let alone be higher than Ryback?

·
Banned
882 Posts
Punk is the man, but we already knew that, didn't we?

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
The WWE condemed it as a loss on his record... He got eliminated by not being able to compete.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
This is extremely interesting but seems to also be extremely wrong. How can Sheamus have one loss less then Punk, Have a little more then twice his victories, and have considerably less points ?

Sounds to me like another Punk cock ridding thread.

·
Banned
882 Posts
If we were riding the cock of your fave wrestler, I doubt you would mention this.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
This is extremely interesting but seems to also be extremely wrong. How can Sheamus have one loss less then Punk, Have a little more then twice his victories, and have considerably less points ?

Sounds to me like another Punk cock ridding thread.
Well, I dont know the ins and outs of the formula, but just off the top of my head I suspect the fact that Punk has been WWE champion non-stop since January 1st, while Sheamus has been World champion for a month and a bit, might have something to do with it.

Really there would be something a little wrong if Punk wasn't ranked 1.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts