Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the wrong area, then I apologize, but this is about both RAW and SmackDown superstars, so here goes-Ok, it is 2011, and why are we just now seeing both Raw and SmackDown Superstars who were supposed to get mega-pushes back in 2009 and 2010,like Drew McIntyre, John Morrison, The Miz, Kofi Kingston, ADR, Wade Barrett, Natalya, and Dolph Ziggler, just to name a few get those pushes, and other people who were getting a push back in 2009, Drew McIntryre, Ted DiBiase Jr, and Kofi Kingston namely, get that push slowed down to almost non-existant, yet Sheamus and Jack Swagger get a nice little push? Really, Sheamus and Jack Swagger, Really? I know WWE Creative isn't that bright and VKM doesn't know what he's doing at times, but WWE has golden opportunities to make people like Drew McIntyre, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Christian, Goldust, Ted DiBiase Jr and ADR all WWE Championship/WHC Championship Material, those are they guys they need to be putting those belts on. They're finally getting it right with Miz, Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler, and Natalya, but they should have done this a long time ago, and told people like Cena, Orton, Batista, HHH, Big Show, and Edge to just wait a minute, let them build up some stars for them to compete with on championship levels, and they also needed to tell Sheamus and Jack Swagger to wait their turn in line. Next issue is Kane-can somebody please explain it to me how it is that last year, they finally decide to give him a title run, when he's been with the company forever, and they have had multiple chances to put the belt on him. Hopefully they will put it back on him soon-another title run before he retires would be nice. Now I know the people love Cena/Orton/Triple H, Cena is today's face version of Hulk Hogan, Triple H can be considered the late 90's and early 2000's face and heel version of Hulk Hogan, and Randy Orton is today's wildcard Hulk Hogan, I get it. But that isn't the answer all the time. Come on now, WWE, I know you all can do a little better of pushing all the right people to main event level people like Goldust, Edge, HHH, and Show can pass the torch.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
Why would you want Morrison pushed? And why are you saying ADR is being pushed when he is, I can't even remember the last TV match he lost.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Goldust's time has gone, fella. And Swagger and Sheamus shouldn't wait for no one, they are already talented.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
You can't have all those guys in the main event at the same time, hence why their push gets slowed down. Besides, some of guys you just mentioned are either too old (according to WWE) or not world championship materials...yet. Some say that Sheamus and Jack Swagger got handed the world title way too soon, but in Sheamus' case it actually served its purpose, WWE is committed to create a new star sooner, WWE wanted to condition their audience to see Sheamus as their main event guy, and it worked, Sheamus was given the ball and he ran with it. Jack Swagger is actually getting depushed now to the level below IC title which makes his WHC win seemed kinda pointless, so yeah my assumption is in WWE's eyes he's a failure main event experiment despite the fact that he successfully got himself over during his WHC reign. I don't get it.

I don't get your complain that WWE doesn't try to build up new stars, some of the veterans and top stars actually helped the younger talents a lot, Edge is currently helping Ziggler to get his main eventer status, Rey helped Del Rio and he's now one of the upper echelon stars on Smackdown , Triple H helped Sheamus to keep him afloat after Sheamus lost his WWE title, and then Sheamus helped Morrison and Morrison's popularity increased along the way, and there's John Cena who helped Wade Barrett during Nexus saga, Barrett was one of the most over heel in the company at one point, etc. And also, WWE are just waiting for the right time to pull the trigger on some guys like John Morrison or Alberto Del Rio, it's just a matter of time they will get their turn to carry the ball.

Kane doesn't need another world title run, his latest WHC reign was his last hurrah before he finally retires.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
meant 2011 lol but how has he ruined it for himself for the 1st time?
Let's see..he came in the E in 2003 has a nobody jobber. Nobody cared. They brought him in 2004 as Bischoff's nephew. Nobody cared. They made him apart of Melina's debut and pushed that for a year....Melina outshined him and Mercury. They put him in the IC title race in 2006 and had him beat a superior Shelton Benjamin but nobody cared. They teamed him with Federline and Federline was more over than he was. They inexplicably pushed him after Benoit killed himself and he stayed unover while CM Punk stayed with a superstar reaction until he won the belt. Not to mention he was roids and got himself suspended.

This bumbling idiot has had like 7 chances and he fails every single time.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Let's see..he came in the E in 2003 has a nobody jobber. Nobody cared. They brought him in 2004 as Bischoff's nephew. Nobody cared. They made him apart of Melina's debut and pushed that for a year....Melina outshined him and Mercury. They put him in the IC title race in 2006 and had him beat a superior Shelton Benjamin but nobody cared. They teamed him with Federline and Federline was more over than he was. They inexplicably pushed him after Benoit killed himself and he stayed unover while CM Punk stayed with a superstar reaction until he won the belt. Not to mention he was roids and got himself suspended.

1) People are supposed to care for nobody jobbers?

2) He wasn't his nephew, he was his assistant. You're confusing him with Eugene.

3) Those were hardly pushes. This push he has gotten is the real deal.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts

Wrong, go watch Morrison on youtube as ECW champion. He got crazy heat, was more over, and more talented than Punk was. So, yeah wrong on that one. He was also very over again on SMackdown and then Rey chose to lose the IC belt to him and trapped him in the midcard. So he didn't mess up anything.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
To add my own unique $.02, midcard heels in WWE suffer from always trying to have serious interactions with the faces. Competitive matchups involving midcard heels don't tend to mean all that much since we don't care all about them that much. I would like for a good bunch of the heels to be used more for humor (though NOT **** like the Hornswoggle or guest host 'comedy" segments) like Swagger becoming the self proclaimed king of Oklahoma or anytime Ryder or Heath Slater is on TV since I'm already not taking them seriously, but I can still be entertained by their antics (or seeing them get owned) all the same. Also let top tier faces dominate midcard heels more often.

The current WWE main event heels (aside from I guess Del Rio) face the OPPOSITE problem the midcard heels do in being made to look too inept or foolish and being constantly undermined. If the WWE wants to protect the top faces, then at least have these heels face off against the midcard faces more often.

The situation with the midcard faces is more simple: WWE isn't really trying to get them over. WWE doesn't do much in putting guys over who they feel don't have enough of a fan response for a serious push. Young midcard faces don't have the luxary of being able to be given a push (or even any serious character insight) due to faces needing to be perceived as credible by the fans before any serious push can be given, but its not like they need to be pushed in order for WWE to try to get them over, just featured on TV. Fans will warm up to these faces while they're paying dues in time assuming recognizable progression in how strongly those faces are booked over time and WWE does them a great disservice by making them complete afterthoughts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kofi Kingston can easily be the face of the WWE.

Merchandise: Kofi stays above the top merchandise sellers.

Fan Reaction: Kofi is one of the more over stars in the WWE. His autograpgh signings do pretty well also.

Skill Set: Way better than Cena's and Cena is the face of the company.

I think 2011 will belong to Kofi Kingston

·
Registered
826 Posts

As opposed to Orton, Cena, and HHH who aren't on roids, right? Bottom line is WWE only pushes who they want to push thats why Kofi hasn't had a world title run despite being over or Morrison for that matter.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts

Let's see...

He came in 2003 as a nobody jobber...of course nobody cared, he was a nobody jobber. He was part of MNM and the team was over, he got a mid-card push which got him a mid-card title and he has a good feud with Jeff Hardy and then he became John Morrison. I don't care what people say, that push worked, the guy WAS over, his gimmick was good, his feud with CM Punk was great (whilst he also carried the mic work side) and it only stopped due to a drugs issue...by the way this still wasn't a main event push.

He split with Miz and went to Smackdown where he didn't have a feud and won/lost to main evneters randomly without any follow up whilst getting more over as time went by. He then got completely lost and buried on RAW up until this current push. This CURRENT push right now, is the real deal, this is his big push and so far...he HAS succeeded. The fans care, his ring work is fantastic, he had a good feud with Sheamus, he's improved on the mic. His actual main event push (this one) has worked. You can't reach the main evnet without a main evnet push. Morrison hadn't had all these big chances people keep talking about, he's had tag pushes, mid-card pushes yes, but never main event...he's getting his main event shot right now and is doing a good job with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts