Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only ppv i buy is Wrestlemania once a year because that's always a great show, but i mean ppvs like Bragging Rights, Breaking Point, and Over The Limit are usually not very good, not just them ppv's in particular there just examples but most wwe ppvs are pretty bad and are not worth 45$.

WWE ppv's used to be 35$ but for whatever reason it was raised by 10$ and now i just don't order them i used to on occasion buy survivor series but there just too expenisve now and the shows aren't worth paying 45$ too watch. IMO they need to lower the price down to 30$ at least.

I've heard wwe ppv buy rates are down and i can understand why not many people wanna pay 45$ just too watch a below average show for 3 hours, you pay 45$ and your not even getting your money's worth half the time. With Wrestlemania you usually get a great show but even Wrestlemania is way over priced 65$?! Wrestlemania should be 45$ and the standard ppv should be 35$.

Pretty soon all wwe ppv's will be 50$ and Wrestlemania will be 75$ i can see it now. Give me you're thoughts an opinions on wwe's ppv prices.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
$45 is insane for a PPV, luckily I'm from across the pond, we get every other PPV free on Sky Sports, the big 4 and 2 others are on Box Office for £15, which I am normally reluctant to pay unless it's the Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
dam dude, i can't even believe bought some ppvs when i was younger when i can just get download the ppv from the internet and watch it through my xbox 360, then again, there wasn't an xbox 360 back in the day so not sure how i can watch it on my tv. watching on the computer is lame but streaming it to my xbox 360 via tversity is like watching the encore

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
It is absolutely insane. I'm not even sure if I would pay $45 for a great card, nevermind the halfassed stuff we usually get. When I do buy PPVs though, I usually do it with a couple of friends so at least I don't have to pay as much.

It's not just that they're so much, but having 2 a month makes it even more ridiculous.

·
Not Bruce Wayne
2,114 Posts
That why I use a live stream. quality isn't the best. But I'm not gonna pay 45/50 dollars for HD

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Never realised before I looked it up there, The UK gets about 5 ppvs a year with their sports subscription so pretty much free (no extra charge) but we also get the big 4 and a few more for £15 on sky box office ppv. £15 in us dollars is 25$ We get WWE ppvs 20$ cheaper than the US do lol :)

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
No shit

The quality of the shit they try to sell on PPV is not worth $10, let alone 45/50 dollars

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
wrestling as a whole needs to lower its price in todays enviroment

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
I download them and i skip through a lot of it because its kinda boring. I sure as hell wouldn't pay $45.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When in doubt, stream! Lol, I've never actually purchased a PPV though, so I feel a little bad. I want to at least purchase a PPV once. Maybe the next Wrestlemania? IDK, I'm probably gonna stream that too. :sad:

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,816 Posts
Wait, people still but PPVs? I stream all them. Like hell I will pay that much money for it, especially in the poor state it's in right now.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
PPVs are a rip off when compared to other forms of entertainment. A movie that's 2 hours maybe cost what $15 if you don't buy their expensive food. A video game is $50-$60 and that can give weeks of fun.

No way is a wwe ppv worth $45; not when you get almost the same thing for free every monday and tuesday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts