Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
my socks are wet
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so my local FYE has the complete set of 2005 WWE PPV DVD's for 49.99.

Being only 11 years old at the time and remembering little of it, how was that year of Wrestling? Worth 50 bucks?

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
It was awesome. Very consistent for PPV quality. Some are must own like Vengeance, SummerSlam and Survivor Series. Generally enjoyable matches throughout them all. The worst of them is probably New Year's Revolution and that one still has the greatest elimination chamber on it, which is all you need to make the PPV worth.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
It was awesome. Very consistent for PPV quality. Some are must own like Vengeance, SummerSlam and Survivor Series. Generally enjoyable matches throughout them all. The worst of them is probably New Year's Revolution and that one still has the greatest elimination chamber on it, which is all you need to make the PPV worth.
You kinda forgot The Great American Bash :p

·
Registered
624 Posts
One Night Stand from that year is a must-see.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
I always feel 2005 was the tipping point before things started to decline drastically.

I just cant get into anything about that year.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
It would definitely be worth the money, there are some quality ppv matches from 2005.

·
my socks are wet
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shit for $50 it seems like a steal really.
I was thinking the same thing. with 12 PPV's it's just about 4 bucks a PPV.

But then I was thinking, what if all this shit is just so terrible and they are packaging them together just to get rid of it. Hmm. I like quality but from what you guys are saying, it seems like it would be worth it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Great Year.Great feuds-Batista vs. HHH, Randy Orton vs. Taker. Angle vs. HBK, Eddie vs. Rey Mysterio, Matt Hardy vs. Edge, Smackdown vs. Raw. Great PPVS-Royal Rumble,Wrestlemania,Vengeance,ECW One Night Stand,Summerslam, Survivor Series

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
2005 was Eddie's last year and I think one of his best too.

It also had The GBA which was probably the worst PPV of the decade and Shawn overselling at SummerSlam for a good 40 minutes.
In short, I'd get it :p

no but srsly it was a great year and worth 50 dollars. that's less than you pay for a single PPV so if you think of it that way. Of course you can be like me and never buy them either though lul

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm very fond on '05 as it's the year I really got obsessed with wrestling (I to was 11 at the time). I remember taping ONS and watching one half before school and the other half after and I enjoyed it immensely. The one PPV I would miss is No Way Out (the barbed wire cage match is pretty horrid) but if you do have to watch it just watch the Cena/Angle match. Other great PPVs from '05 include Armageddon, Unforgiven, Vengeance and WM21. At $50, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I was also 11 at the time but so remember a lot of it the royal rumble was great no way out was average Wrestlemania was awesome Backlash was great, judgement day was decent, ecw one night stand was phenomenal, the great American bash was pretty decent, Summerslam was awesome, Unforgiven was mediocre, no mercy was great, survivor series was great and Armageddon was poor.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts