Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't even fathom this is true...but Vince McMahon is definitely crazy enough.

Wrestling Observer said:
WWE’s marketing deparment was told a few weeks ago that Vince McMahon does not want any usage of things related to the image of Shawn Michaels. Those close to Michaels say he is mentally done with wrestling and, in his mind right now, he will never come back in ANY form. Not sure what happened, but Michaels was quite vocal many weeks back about his displeasure with his former student, Daniel Bryan, being released by the company.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
that better be false, if so they have to cut more than half of their most shown, most known clips, that guy is all over everything related to the wwe, he was like an instant classic moment waiting to happen.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
It hasn't been proven to be false, any more than it was initially known to be true. But anyway, dirtsheets have withdrawn the claim.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I read about this today, so what was the reason for Vince giving Shawn the Savage treatment? Just because he stood up for Danielson?

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Considering Vince McMahon had Savage as persona non grata, and for many years has ignored his first HUGE superstar in Bruno Sammartino, it wouldn't surprise me he would blow off HBK. I just don't see it happening, although one day we could see Michaels return in some capacity.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Other than the "D-X" reference Shawn wasn't mentioned at all. And they were in San Antonio.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I can't believe that this story is still believed by so many. HBK was featured like 3 times during the intro video tonight. NOT TRUE.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I can't believe that this story is still believed by so many. HBK was featured like 3 times during the intro video tonight. NOT TRUE.
I never pay attention to the intro vid but if you're right then it basically kills the rumour. To play devil's advocate though, it kind of makes sense not to talk about him too much. After all, he's retired from WWE so there's no reason to bring his name up constantly since that only reminds people of how much better he was in comparison to the guys who're left. It also makes sense if he's coming back in a non-wrestling role (I'm not saying he is, this is purely hypothetical) since it would be a bigger surprise.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I completely agree about not talking about him if he's not part of the active roster. Even if a lot of people did think that HBK was great, he's not with the company anymore so he doesn't need to be talked about. The intro video is understandable though since that features wrestlers from every generation and he did play a big part in the company's history.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts