Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just a little thought. Is it just me or do the theme songs for WWE Pay-Per-Views nowadays seem seriously lacklustre in comparison to what we had a few years ago? I know that a theme song is not that important when compared to the actual quality of the PPV itself, but for me, the theme song (when accompanied with the animated card) always got me pumped up and really excited for the PPV. I mean ten years ago we had this theme for Wrestlemania...

Wrestlemania 17 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRZLW-ao5vA

And not 2 years ago we had this fantastic tune for the 2009 Royal Rumble...

Royal Rumble 2009 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnjRSwCFyaE

Is it just me or do some of you agree with me that PPV themes nowadays just do not compare to these classics from the past?

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
They definatley used to be better, maybe just because music in general used to be better.
This. Plus the original themes were custom made for the PPV. Put in a promo package over it and you felt like you were going to watch something special.

Today, the songs do NOT fit the PPV. There is a difference between being a good song (which I think most of today's songs suck) and it fitting the PPV.

All the bands WWE uses are "3 Door Hoobaback" bands, where they all sound the same.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
To be honest most of the WWE's themes have always been this generic shitty rock with no substance. I can't remember the last time I liked one of their PPV themes. I guess the one for MITB was okay as it was different from what they usually use.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
PPV themes are hit or miss. For instance, I really like 'Runaway' and 'Hero' is also a good tune. But then sometimes we get the soft rock/pop garbage that doesn't fit into the wrestling culture at all.

EDIT-I'm surprised to see anybody give Limp Bizkit a little love. 'My Way' was always a pretty cool track. I hated that Kevin Rudolf song though.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I will never forget SummerSlam 1998 because of the epic build-up with AC/DC's "Highway to Hell". Even though it would cost more, I think they should use more recognizable classic rock songs, rather than the garbage we typically get.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
The Money in the Bank one is a favorite of mine. I've been a fan of I Fight Dragons for a while.

·
"The Sex Tornado"
2,260 Posts
"Runaway" by Hail the Villain is a pretty badass anthem for a PPV IMO.

However, I will agree that generally most of WWE's PPV theme songs are not that good.

·
Registered
133 Posts
9/10 songs they use i enjoy. It takes until the PPV before i enjoy theme, but they are OK. the worst was that awful Elimination Chamber song from this year. My god was that bad!

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Most of the themes this year were actually good. Worst ones were HIAC,Bragging Rights themes, every other one was good.

The thing that makes some themes not seem as good as they are is that WWE sometimes uses the slow part of the song during the cards so it seems like the theme isn't that great

·
Registered
864 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts