Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrestling in the 90's was the best. They had good story lines, title changes. But now we only see 95% of all title changes at the pay-per-views. And the 5% of the title changes that happen off pay-per-views are mid-card titles. Title changes, you want them to be unexpected, not predictable. The WWE title I remember would change hands on RAW, but now only at the pay-per-views. I say a MAJOR thumbs down to this one.

How about this, on SMACKDOWN! we hold 6 qualifying matches for the US Title. And the winners of the matches would face each other in the main event. A 6-man Cage match. The winner would be crowned the new US Heavyweight champion. But there would be a lottery held that night for the #1 contender, he would face the champ at the next pay-per-view

On RAW, after Kevin Nash takes the title (I'm tired of seeing HHH with it) We'll set up HHH as the #1 contender. But the only was HHH can agree to the #1 contenders match, he must win Battle Royal on RAW the next night. After he wins it, he would face Kevin Nash in a special stipulations match. If HHH loses, he cannot hold ANY title for 6 months.

·
BTB Hall of Famer
11,532 Posts
Erm the United States title idea is good. The first part of the Raw is okay, but Triple H will

a) never let that happen
b) is not going to be out of the title picture for that long

Plus it would suck, because then we would want Triple H to hold the title, this is the problem, WWE has to get a measure between business and fans. 'Back in the day' when people like Bruno Sannartino (I believe it was him) held the WWE title for 8 years no one would have complained, so lets think out self lucky.

A-Dust

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
Yeah i agree with A-Dust when Triple H was injured everybody moaned that the company needed him. Well they do he isn't gonna be out of the title picture for 1 month never mind 6.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Sorry, but I have two words on this issue, that have been said over and over again...

FUCK HHH!!!

The thing is, the WWE doesn't need HHH, HHH needs the WWE. If he was to be fired, that's it. Who would be able to finance him for a long period, and make him happy by giving him their main strap, and also getting him to relinquish it to other wrestlers? No-one. Only in the WWE will things go his way, so he should learn to share the spotlight. A couple of months out of the title picture isn't going to destroy his career now is it?

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
thats a bit harsh man. who should he give the belt to ?

Nash is the only one available cos if u check everybody else is occupied in a feud. I mean all the main title contenders. Booker/Michaels/RVD/Kane/Jericho/Goldberg etc.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i see where this is going. I really don't have nothing against HHH. He busts his behind in the company. But for a company to rely on one person to get them their ratings is not good bisness.

the WWE needs fresh story lines. What about RVD being the world heavy weight champ? I think that outta be good

·
BTB Hall of Famer
11,532 Posts
unikross said in post #6 :
ok i see where this is going. I really don't have nothing against HHH. He busts his behind in the company. But for a company to rely on one person to get them their ratings is not good bisness.
No offence but thats what the WWE has just come from. For like 5 or 6 years the WWE have relied on Stone Cold, before that it was Shawn Michaels and before that is was Hulk Hogan. The WWE always rely on one person, but as to what you said about RVD, that would be good, if his character changed.

A-Dust

·
Registered
339 Posts
The only reason HHH is still champ, is cause he's banging Steph, and sucking Vince.

HHH's reign is stale...Booker T so should've won it at WX19.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bob Backlund held the title for 6 years before losing it to The Iron Sheik.
HHH has held it quite a few times but, he's also lost it WHEN THE TIME WAS RIGHT. Right now RAW is pushing an old style 4 Horsemen storyline with Evolution. When it best serves the program, HHH will drop the belt to WHOMEVER they want him to. Because HHH is professional. He puts into the Business as much as he gets out of it. He's not some egotistical primadona cry-baby half-asster like Goldberg.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts