Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I use Twitter a fair bit, but there’s no denying it’s a cesspit of fucking morons. I don’t blame Ranallo one bit for stepping away from it, especially considering his history of mental illness. If Graves has a problem with him for whatever reason, he should have settled it man to man like anyone with a shred of professionalism would have.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
So, is Mauro so hyper sensitive or mentally distraught that he can't even take basic criticism anymore? There was nothing inherently bad about Graves' comment, whether you agree with it or not

He's got bipolar disorder and Mauro did send out a tweet that seemed to indicate that he was in his depressive cycle.

·
S.E.E.S.
537 Posts
I read on Twitter that Cory's fans piled on Mauro after he made the tweet, that's when he deleted his account.

Cory is in no position to criticise another commenter, especially Mauro, who's a far superior commentator.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/11/wwe-on-why-mauro-ranallo-missed-survivor-series-ppv-662659/

Corey Graves really is a big piece of fucking shit. Doesn't have the balls or stones to be the man that Mauro is. Fuck Graves.

“Doesn’t have the balls to be the man Mauro is”

He literally just deleted his entire twitter account because one person said something slightly negative about him. Mauro is far from a man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
810 Posts
Graves is being a bully here. It’s inappropriate to criticize a co-worker like that on Twitter. If he had an issue with Mauro’s he irk, he should have said something to him face to face not through Twitter.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

He literally just deleted his entire twitter account because one person said something slightly negative about him. Mauro is far from a man.

I guess you lack of a word called "professional". That is something that Graves lacked her. If he had a problem with Mauro, then he should have went to him face to face about it. Not go on twitter like a ego maniac and tweet instead.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts

I've got a mental illness to. Am I less of a man? Mauro has a mental illness. Don't fucking make fun of that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The problem with mental health is that Mauro will exacerbate it as much as possible.

Think about it, Corey has 488,000 Twitter followers, he has to be careful and think about what he tweets as he's in the public eye, but he decided it would be appropriate to humiliate Mauro for everyone to see when he could have easily just said something in private or kept it to himself. Then more people jumped on Mauro off the back of Corey's tweet, just making it worse.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I didn't notice that Mauro was hogging the opportunities to talk on commentary. I felt like Nigel and Beth were given time to speak.

I like Graves, but is tweeting out about it really the right place to address how he feels to Mauro? Stop using Twitter as a form of communication when you can talk to them in person. Especially when Mauro is known to have mental battles.
Yeah. You know, before all of this dumbfuckery surfaced, and before Graves opened his stuipd mouth, I was actually moved to tweet right after WarGames, saying that the NXT team is the best in the business.

I felt like the entire show was kicked up a notch by all three of them. Mauro and his excitement and amusing references, Nigel and Beth with their own enthusiasm and experience.

The backlash against Ranallo has be absolutely perplexed. Especially after he did such a great job (in my opinion) at WarGames. People are way too quick to jump on the criticism bandwagon at times like this. We have a fuckload of people that very likely didn't even see WarGames before they started talking shit about Mauro being terrible during it.

What it comes down to - again - is that yeah, everyone is entitled to their opinion about individuals, but using your personal preference as the main argument as to why someone is terrible, and trying to pass that off as undisputable fact, is nothing short of moronic.

Mauro has way more fans than detractors, and he doesn't deserve the bullshit that he gets thrown his way. In his position, I'd be deleting my Twitter account too.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Yeah we do. We don't work with them. Corey does. It's not just that he criticised him publically. It's the hypocrisy. When Corey was exposed by his ex about being a cheater he bitched about getting called out publicly. Yet he has the right to do that with his coworkers?

That's hypocrisy.
Didn't it come out that they had been separated by the time he was with Carmella though? And that his wife was trying to make him look bad in the public eye? It's very different by the way. I shouldn't even have too describe how as it's pretty obviously two completely different situations

·
Registered
265 Posts
UPDATE:

This week’s episode of WWE After The Bell dropped and Corey Graves was quick to address the elephant in the room when it came to his controversial Tweets that made waves over wrestling media this weekend during NXT TakeOver War Games in Toronto. Graves did not address Mauro Ranallo directly or by name, but he apologized to whoever took it as a means to disrespect or disparage anyone, stating that that wasn’t his intent.

“It was an unpopular opinion as I often do with the intention of just stirring up a little controversy maybe have something fun to talk about on TV or here on the show. It was maybe not the most professional way to go about things and it was never meant to offend or disrespect or disparage anybody, that was never my intention. If it was taken as such, I apologize deeply, that was not my intention. I would never intentionally cause anybody any undue stress, especially a co-worker, so I apologize.”

Graves’ Tweet implied that NXT lead commentator Mauro Ranallo didn’t give opportunities to speak to his broadcast partners in Beth Phoenix and Nigel McGuinness during the show.

Read more at https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1155509-corey-graves-apologizes-nxt-takeover-mauro-ranallo#FDlSFpFHhm4s54dM.99
What's the verdict now?

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Didn't it come out that they had been separated by the time he was with Carmella though? And that his wife was trying to make him look bad in the public eye? It's very different by the way. I shouldn't even have too describe how as it's pretty obviously two completely different situations
If they were separated then yeah. His still a hypocrite. He had his ex shame him publicly so he should know better than to troll for a reaction through social media.

It's high school shit man. You have a problem with someone you don't get the public involved. You be a man, tell the dude face to face and sort it out.

Graves behaved like a bitch. His no better than his ex who wanted people to be on her side.

·
Premium Member
43,797 Posts
Graves is a jackass for making an online spectacle of it.

But Mauro needs to toughen up. One jackass saying something online, even if it is a colleague, is not worth getting upset enough over to have a meltdown and miss the next two shows.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts